|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
(a) An economic revolution.
(b) A freedom revolution.
(c) A political revolution.
(d) A social and philosophical revolution.
2. What does the slave want?
(a) To be given the necessities of survival.
(b) To be given work.
(c) To be loved.
(d) To be free and an equal member of society.
3. Why does Augustine view personal freedom as a form of emptiness that doesn't result in inner peace?
(a) It is selfish.
(b) It does not result in reconciliation.
(c) It does not help others.
(d) It does not benefit him.
4. Each of the three is concerned with what issue?
(a) The slavery-freedom issue.
(b) Death and dying.
(c) The afterlife.
(d) Compassion and compromise.
5. Why must one be aware of and concerned with the thoughts and opinions of the intellectuals?
(a) They are the most intelligent.
(b) They are the wealthy aristocracy.
(c) They affect the people of all levels of society.
(d) They are the writers of the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most of the freedom granted is to whom?
2. What do Jesus' followers turn into an act of glorification and propaganda?
3. By medieval times, the character of Europe has become rural __________.
4. These factors lead to the development of what kind of society?
5. What does it mean to be Greek?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)