|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The third component is the ________ component, where individuals have the freedom to participate in the community and its governance, with their rights and obligations defined.
2. How does agricultural production shift?
(a) Completely to grain.
(b) Toward grain.
(c) Somewhat away from grain.
(d) Completely away from grain.
3. How is the cult of Christianity similar to other cults of the time?
(a) It is polytheistic.
(b) It preaches the coming of the apocalypse.
(c) It contains a savior.
(d) It is monotheistic.
4. In what do plebeians have more faith?
(a) No rulers.
(b) Many minor rulers.
5. What does a second factor have to do with, which Patterson sees as "a strategic class error" (p. 65) because it results in a standard against which things can be measured?
(a) The spread of literacy and the development of a legal written code.
(b) The spread of legal tender that quickly reveals wealth.
(c) The spread of wealth among this new class.
(d) The spread of disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the external response reveal about intellectuals?
2. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
3. During the war in the sixth century B.C., Greek cities are occupied by whom?
4. The practice of manumission and co-optation means the native born Romans, or the ruling class, are what?
5. Who are many of the proponents of these schools of thought?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)