|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which social classes of women are restricted to their houses with very little social life?
(a) All classes.
(b) Lower and upper class.
(c) Upper and middle class.
(d) Middle and lower class.
2. What happens once Christianity appears?
(a) It spreads slowly throughout the Roman Empire.
(b) It spreads rapidly throughout the Roman Empire.
(c) It stays in the Middle East.
(d) It spreads quickly through Greece.
3. Why does Paul say people suffer?
(a) People suffer because of fate.
(b) People suffer because of their sins.
(c) People suffer because of past life mistakes.
(d) People suffer because of others.
4. What happens to the wretched who convert?
(a) They are purified of sin.
(b) They go to hell.
(c) They are damned.
(d) They must tithe.
5. How is the cult of Christianity similar to other cults of the time?
(a) It is polytheistic.
(b) It preaches the coming of the apocalypse.
(c) It is monotheistic.
(d) It contains a savior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
2. What does the external response reveal about intellectuals?
3. How does Augustus change his image and his manner of rule during his reign?
4. In the Middle Ages, what renews the interest in the quest for freedom?
5. By whom is society transformed?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)