|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Plato, what is the soul like?
(a) A container of thoughts.
(b) A mini-state in that it contains three parts.
(c) A transparent being.
(d) The true person.
2. In the Middle Ages, what renews the interest in the quest for freedom?
(a) The end of slavery.
(b) The compassion of the king.
(c) The oppression of serfdom.
(d) The freedom of serfdom.
3. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
(a) The 100 Years War.
(b) The Peloponnesian War.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Middle Ages.
4. How is this conflict referred?
(a) As the struggle of the orders.
(b) As the transition to order.
(c) As the need for order.
(d) As the fight for orders.
5. There is a shift in agricultural production away from what into the production of olives, figs, fruits, etc.?
(a) Grain production.
(b) Flax production.
(c) Corn production.
(d) Wheat production.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Greek society hold women?
2. What parts of the Roman economy are slave-based?
3. The whole fabric of society exists around and is dependent on what?
4. Why do they accept the sovereignal freedom of the emperor?
5. On what is Athens now completely dependent?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)