|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
(a) Import of expensive stone and gems.
(b) Exporting of wheat and other produce.
(c) Import of wheat.
(d) Mining for export and urban crafts.
2. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
(a) Four villages.
(b) Four city-states.
(c) Four Grecian rules.
(d) Four designated periods of interest.
3. The social value of freedom exists by the end of what century?
(a) The sixth.
(b) The fifth.
(c) The fourth.
(d) The seventh.
4. What is one of the different periods of serfdom?
(a) Ruler serfdom.
(b) Conservative serfdom.
(c) Liberal serfdom.
(d) Feudal serfdom.
5. What does this chapter examine?
(a) The role of Italy in the historical development of freedom.
(b) The role of Crete in the development of freedom.
(c) The role of Rome in the historical development of freedom.
(d) The role of Greece in the historical development of freedom as a social value.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the speech take place?
2. These factors lead to the development of what kind of society?
3. Who are the Sophists?
4. Which of Aeschylus' plays does he cite?
5. The whole fabric of society exists around and is dependent on what?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)