|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Preoccupation with freedom is predominately a _____________ concept.
2. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
(a) Economically and socially independent of it.
(b) Politically independent of it.
(c) Economically and socially dependent on it.
(d) Politically dependent on it.
3. This means that there has to be an increase in what?
(a) The number of farms.
(b) The production of grain.
(c) The slave population.
(d) The slave-master population.
4. Who are many of the proponents of these schools of thought?
(a) The upper class.
(b) Slaves or former slaves.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The aristocracy.
5. What happens to the wretched who convert?
(a) They go to hell.
(b) They must tithe.
(c) They are purified of sin.
(d) They are damned.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does this lead?
2. Is it still possible for the upper class to experience personal freedom even when their civic freedom is severely limited by the princeps?
3. How do many in the nobility view the princeps?
4. Again what does Patterson use to support this point?
5. Why does Paul say people suffer?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)