|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to debtors at this time?
(a) They are exiled.
(b) They are sold into slavery.
(c) They are hanged.
(d) They are protected.
2. What is an outgrowth of Socratic thought in which there is complete personal freedom, both inner and outer?
(a) The Socratic method.
3. To what are the Reactionary Stoicism beliefs adapted?
(a) Fit their version of civic freedom.
(b) Fit their amount of wealth.
(c) Fit their version of personal freedom.
(d) Fit their religious beliefs.
4. According to Augustine, from where does freedom come?
(a) As a gift from God.
(c) As something that is inherited.
(d) The mind.
5. Where are the greatest conversion rates?
(a) Among the Hellenic thinkers.
(b) In upper class societies.
(c) In middle class societies.
(d) In regions where slavery predominates.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the plebeians view the civic freedom of the upper class?
2. What is an example of a social reform for the abolishment of debt, debt bondage and enslavement for debt?
3. Which social classes of women are restricted to their houses with very little social life?
4. What does the slave want?
5. To whom do Augustus and the following emperors link themselves?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)