|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Middle Ages, what renews the interest in the quest for freedom?
(a) The end of slavery.
(b) The freedom of serfdom.
(c) The compassion of the king.
(d) The oppression of serfdom.
2. In what forms do these rights or freedoms come?
(d) Monetary gain.
3. What groups are excluded from any say in the government of the ruling wealthy?
(a) Women and children.
(b) Slaves and women.
(c) The small rural landholder and women.
(d) The small rural landholder and children.
4. What does a second factor have to do with, which Patterson sees as "a strategic class error" (p. 65) because it results in a standard against which things can be measured?
(a) The spread of legal tender that quickly reveals wealth.
(b) The spread of disease.
(c) The spread of wealth among this new class.
(d) The spread of literacy and the development of a legal written code.
5. How is Rome similar to Greece?
(a) It's people speak the same language.
(b) It is also a slave-based economy.
(c) It led by the same ruler.
(d) It is the same shape.
Short Answer Questions
1. The occupation makes the Greeks think about what issues?
2. Who has the most freedom in terms of the sovereignal aspect of freedom?
3. Who are the only beings that are truly free?
4. Slavery is more than just what kind of problem?
5. How do the plebeians view the civic freedom of the upper class?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)