|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the women confined to home have for company?
(a) Their children.
2. Who are the Sophists?
(a) One of the groups that conflicts with the intellectuals.
(b) One of the groups of intellectuals that influence Greek thought and values.
(c) The followers of an intellectual named Sophie.
(d) One of the groups of intellectuals that influence Roman thought.
3. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
(a) Economically and socially independent of it.
(b) Economically and socially dependent on it.
(c) Politically dependent on it.
(d) Politically independent of it.
4. How do the plebeians view the civic freedom of the upper class?
(a) As a threat to their own personal freedom.
(b) As a form of personal freedom.
(c) As a good compromise to their personal freedom.
(d) As something to desire.
5. The occupation makes the Greeks think about what issues?
(a) Love and compassion.
(b) Understanding and compromise.
(c) Slavery and freedoms of various kinds.
(d) Equality and justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the slave master's financial welfare depended on the slave, what did he have to do?
2. What are slaves seeking and finding in Christianity?
3. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
4. As Europe emerges from the Middle Ages, the church and European states become ____________ in terms of absolutism and thought processes.
5. How do societies everywhere regard the inception of freedom as a value?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)