|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The occupation makes the Greeks think about what issues?
(a) Love and compassion.
(b) Equality and justice.
(c) Understanding and compromise.
(d) Slavery and freedoms of various kinds.
2. Who does this economically benefit?
(a) The poor Athenians.
(b) The rich Athenians.
(c) Both rich and poor Athenians.
(d) The middle class Athenians.
3. How do Jesus' followers reply to the critics?
(a) Jesus knows all the critics.
(b) Jesus dies for the good of mankind and is resurrected.
(c) Jesus will return in three days.
(d) Jesus has died.
4. Patterson states that he does not mean for his book to be a study of the intellectual study of freedom, but the historical development of what?
(a) Freedom as a social value in Greece.
(b) Greek culture and society.
(c) Freedom as a social value.
(d) Freedom in Roman culture.
5. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
(a) A democratic republic.
(b) A monarchy.
(c) A dictatorship.
(d) A kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freedom becomes associated with what in the minds of the populace?
2. What does the Christian religion offer to the weaker elements of Hellenistic society?
3. Most of the freedom granted is to whom?
4. What does this chapter examine?
5. Where does slavery exist until 11 A.D. and the on-set of feudalism?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)