|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the role of Jesus?
(a) He is the only leader of the church.
(b) He is the prophet delivering his message or vision.
(c) He begins the church.
(d) He is the first leader of the Christian church.
2. What does Jesus not intend to do?
(a) Lay the foundations for a church based on his teachings.
(b) Keep the church in one part of the world.
(c) Leave the church at such a young age.
3. Greek drama represents what?
(a) A time away from real life.
(b) A realistic view of women in society.
(c) A fantasy.
(d) A discourse on values.
4. The years of the Peloponnesian War bring what to Athens and Greece?
(b) Only war.
5. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
(a) Ancient Carthage and Rome.
(b) Ancient Rome and Greece.
(c) Modern Athens and Greece.
(d) Ancient Athens and Greece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the slave master's financial welfare depended on the slave, what did he have to do?
2. What school of thought is one of moral introspection, postulating that the soul is trapped inside the body during life and is freed when the body dies.
3. According to Plato, what is the soul like?
4. What are the three elements of freedom called?
5. Augustine, like Paul, is also concerned with the role of _______________ in Christianity.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)