|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A social reaction between slave, slaveholder and society must take place in order for what to happen?
(a) Various social classes to exist.
(b) Freedom to develop as a value.
(c) Inequality to exist.
(d) A person to be enslaved.
2. What happens to debtors at this time?
(a) They are protected.
(b) They are exiled.
(c) They are sold into slavery.
(d) They are hanged.
3. In what forms do these rights or freedoms come?
(a) Monetary gain.
4. On what does Patterson draw heavily to make his point?
(a) German symphonies.
(b) French operas.
(c) Greek drama.
(d) Roman plays.
5. When does the speech take place?
(a) During the first year of the Peloponnesian War.
(b) During the first year of the 100 Years War.
(c) During the last year of the Peloponnesian War.
(d) During the last year of the Persian War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
2. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
3. Where does slavery exist until 11 A.D. and the on-set of feudalism?
4. Augustus' rule is at the expense of whose civic freedom?
5. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)