|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must one be to be considered Greek?
(a) Native born.
(b) A member of Greek society.
(d) A man.
2. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
(a) Economically and socially independent of it.
(b) Politically independent of it.
(c) Economically and socially dependent on it.
(d) Politically dependent on it.
3. With what is freedom equated?
(a) Dependency and self-sufficiency.
(b) Solitude and self-sufficiency.
(c) Indepence and solitude.
(d) Independence and self-sufficiency.
4. _________________ freedom more or less defines the slave-slave master relationship.
5. Who writes the dramas?
(a) Female playwrights.
(b) Poor men.
(c) Male playwrights.
(d) Leaders of the aristocracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Greek drama, especially tragedy, credit women?
2. What does a second factor have to do with, which Patterson sees as "a strategic class error" (p. 65) because it results in a standard against which things can be measured?
3. By whom is society transformed?
4. For whom are the plays?
5. The third involves the restructuring of Italian what?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)