|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does agricultural production shift?
(a) Toward grain.
(b) Completely away from grain.
(c) Completely to grain.
(d) Somewhat away from grain.
2. How does Augustus change his image and his manner of rule during his reign?
(a) From personality oriented to politically oriented.
(b) From military oriented to politically oriented.
(c) From military oriented to personality oriented.
(d) From personality oriented to military oriented.
3. The third component is the ________ component, where individuals have the freedom to participate in the community and its governance, with their rights and obligations defined.
4. Is it still possible for the upper class to experience personal freedom even when their civic freedom is severely limited by the princeps?
5. What school of thought is one of moral introspection, postulating that the soul is trapped inside the body during life and is freed when the body dies.
(c) The Socratic method.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what preoccupation among citizens does this lead?
2. According to Plato, what is the soul like?
3. Among the Tupinamba, why does the slave exist?
4. Who does the slave in this culture have?
5. Upon what form of freedom do intellectuals frown?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)