|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do the slaves yearn?
(a) Freedom and escape from bondage.
(c) Love and compassion.
(d) Food and shelter.
2. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
(a) Economically and socially dependent on it.
(b) Politically independent of it.
(c) Politically dependent on it.
(d) Economically and socially independent of it.
3. Augustus set the pace for the interpretations of freedom that will define the European chordal triad for how long?
(a) The next fifty years.
(b) The next fifteen years.
(c) The next fifteen hundred years.
(d) The next five hundred years.
4. On what is Athens now completely dependent?
(a) Grain-based economies.
(b) Grain exports.
(c) Food made from grain.
(d) Grain imports.
5. During the war in the sixth century B.C., Greek cities are occupied by whom?
(a) The Saxons.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Persians.
(d) The Franks.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what are the Reactionary Stoicism beliefs adapted?
2. The occupation makes the Greeks think about what issues?
3. With _____________ freedom, the individual is not dominated by another human.
4. To what preoccupation among citizens does this lead?
5. What must one be to be considered Greek?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)