|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
(a) Four Grecian rules.
(b) Four villages.
(c) Four city-states.
(d) Four designated periods of interest.
2. Athens experiences how many results from the transition to a slave economy?
3. He extols the virtue of the ruler as what for the populace?
(a) A provider and protector.
(b) A wife.
(c) A god.
(d) A strong hand and firm master.
4. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
(b) Other Greek city-states.
(d) Other European nations.
5. What happens to debtors at this time?
(a) They are exiled.
(b) They are sold into slavery.
(c) They are protected.
(d) They are hanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between what freedoms do they distinguish?
2. Freedom is relative in that the more freedom one individual has, the ______ freedom another has.
3. Augustus uses his sovereignal power for the______ of the populace.
4. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
5. This means that there has to be an increase in what?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)