|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The financial welfare of the slaveholder is now becoming dependent on what?
(a) The intelligence of the slave.
(b) The productivity of the slave.
(c) The social class of the slave.
(d) The physical attributes of the slave.
2. The practice of manumission and co-optation means the native born Romans, or the ruling class, are what?
(a) Weaker than the slaves.
(b) Not as intelligent as the slaves.
(c) Numerically now a minority.
(d) Numerically now the majority.
3. Which social classes of women are restricted to their houses with very little social life?
(a) Lower and upper class.
(b) Upper and middle class.
(c) All classes.
(d) Middle and lower class.
4. The third component is the ________ component, where individuals have the freedom to participate in the community and its governance, with their rights and obligations defined.
5. Between what freedoms do they distinguish?
(a) Personal and civic.
(b) Outer and inner.
(c) Smooth and rigid.
(d) Warm and cool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to these former slaves that become successful and prosperous?
2. There is a shift in agricultural production away from what into the production of olives, figs, fruits, etc.?
3. Who are the Sophists?
4. What must one be to be considered Greek?
5. What happens once Christianity appears?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)