|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does the development of the concept of freedom in Rome result?
(a) A smooth transition.
(b) A series of debates.
(c) A series of struggles.
(d) A contrasting jump from slavery to freedom.
2. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
(a) The slave master would not have an adequate amount of workers.
(b) He would have family with which to stay.
(c) He is not intelligent.
(d) He does not have a place to go.
3. When is this view of Mortal life beginning to be questioned?
(a) By the end of the sixth century B.C.
(b) By the middle of the fifth century B.C.
(c) By the end of the fifth century B.C.
(d) By the middle of the sixth century B.C.
4. Each of the three is concerned with what issue?
(a) The afterlife.
(b) Compassion and compromise.
(c) The slavery-freedom issue.
(d) Death and dying.
5. The years of the Peloponnesian War bring what to Athens and Greece?
(c) Only war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Greek drama represents what?
2. On what is Athens now completely dependent?
3. How does Augustus change his image and his manner of rule during his reign?
4. When has someone achieved inner freedom?
5. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)