|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Augustus uses his sovereignal power for the______ of the populace.
(c) No member.
2. Why do they accept the sovereignal freedom of the emperor?
(a) He is a kind man.
(b) They do not want any other ruler.
(c) He will do what he can to take care of them.
(d) It poses less of a threat to their own personal freedom than does the civic freedom of the upper class.
3. By whom is society transformed?
(a) The slaves.
(b) The middle class.
(c) The upper class.
(d) The lower class.
4. What is an example of a social reform for the abolishment of debt, debt bondage and enslavement for debt?
(a) Solomon's seisochtheia.
(b) Solon's seisochtheia.
(c) Solomon's seize.
(d) Solon's seize.
5. Again what does Patterson use to support this point?
(a) Roman plays.
(b) Greek drama.
(c) French operas.
(d) German symphonies.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Patterson, how many phases exist in the development of early Christianity?
2. Why does Reactionary Stoicism appeal to the Roman upper classes?
3. Who does this economically benefit?
4. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
5. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)