|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do the slaves yearn?
(a) Food and shelter.
(b) Freedom and escape from bondage.
(c) Love and compassion.
2. The third component is the ________ component, where individuals have the freedom to participate in the community and its governance, with their rights and obligations defined.
3. What is the role of Jesus?
(a) He is the only leader of the church.
(b) He is the prophet delivering his message or vision.
(c) He begins the church.
(d) He is the first leader of the Christian church.
4. The upper class young men of the time are educated in Stoicism and despise who?
(a) The populace.
(b) The other members of the upper class.
(c) The slaves.
(d) The middle class.
5. What happens to debtors at this time?
(a) They are protected.
(b) They are sold into slavery.
(c) They are exiled.
(d) They are hanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the phases?
2. Who are the only beings that are truly free?
3. According to Patterson, what are the three components of freedom?
4. What does the slave want?
5. By whom is society transformed?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)