|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this type of freedom, an individual can do what he wants without the constraint of what?
(a) His own wishes.
(b) Any choice.
(c) Having to pay for it.
(d) The wishes of others.
2. Augustus' rule is at the expense of whose civic freedom?
(a) The lower classes.
(b) The middle classes.
(c) The slaves.
(d) The upper classes.
3. What does this chapter examine?
(a) The role of Italy in the historical development of freedom.
(b) The role of Rome in the historical development of freedom.
(c) The role of Crete in the development of freedom.
(d) The role of Greece in the historical development of freedom as a social value.
4. In what do plebeians have more faith?
(a) Many minor rulers.
(c) No rulers.
5. Why do they accept the sovereignal freedom of the emperor?
(a) It poses less of a threat to their own personal freedom than does the civic freedom of the upper class.
(b) He is a kind man.
(c) He will do what he can to take care of them.
(d) They do not want any other ruler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Athens experiences how many results from the transition to a slave economy?
2. The practice of manumission and co-optation means the native born Romans, or the ruling class, are what?
3. Preoccupation with freedom is predominately a _____________ concept.
4. Who are many of the proponents of these schools of thought?
5. Which women had more activities outside the home?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)