|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, the differing views of freedom lead to what?
(b) Social conflict and upheaval.
2. In this type of freedom, an individual can do what he wants without the constraint of what?
(a) Having to pay for it.
(b) The wishes of others.
(c) Any choice.
(d) His own wishes.
3. Augustus set the pace for the interpretations of freedom that will define the European chordal triad for how long?
(a) The next fifteen years.
(b) The next fifty years.
(c) The next fifteen hundred years.
(d) The next five hundred years.
4. What happens to these former slaves that become successful and prosperous?
(a) They cause resentment among the still-oppressed slaves.
(b) They are abused by the aristocracy and the still-oppressed slaves.
(c) They become disrespectful and out of control.
(d) They miss their old lives.
5. What happens to debtors at this time?
(a) They are exiled.
(b) They are protected.
(c) They are sold into slavery.
(d) They are hanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
2. What are the three elements of freedom called?
3. According to Patterson, what are the three components of freedom?
4. Slavery is more than just what kind of problem?
5. A social reaction between slave, slaveholder and society must take place in order for what to happen?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)