|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reactionary Stoicism appeal to the Roman upper classes?
(a) It is based on faith.
(b) It is based on wealth.
(c) It is based on reason.
(d) It is based on social status.
2. Freedom is relative in that the more freedom one individual has, the ______ freedom another has.
3. The whole fabric of society exists around and is dependent on what?
(b) Community solidarity.
(c) The institution of slavery.
(d) Freedom as a social value.
4. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
(a) A freedom revolution.
(b) A social and philosophical revolution.
(c) A political revolution.
(d) An economic revolution.
5. Augustus set the pace for the interpretations of freedom that will define the European chordal triad for how long?
(a) The next fifteen hundred years.
(b) The next fifty years.
(c) The next fifteen years.
(d) The next five hundred years.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does this expose the Greeks?
2. What is not entirely correct regarding freedom and slavery?
3. The years of the Peloponnesian War bring what to Athens and Greece?
4. Which of the following statements describes the new class that arises?
5. What delineates the fifth revolution of this period?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)