|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the only beings that are truly free?
(d) The gods.
2. The practice of manumission and co-optation means the native born Romans, or the ruling class, are what?
(a) Weaker than the slaves.
(b) Numerically now the majority.
(c) Not as intelligent as the slaves.
(d) Numerically now a minority.
3. Augustus' rule is at the expense of whose civic freedom?
(a) The upper classes.
(b) The lower classes.
(c) The slaves.
(d) The middle classes.
4. In the days of ancient Carthage, the slave develops what kind of value?
5. Who are the Sophists?
(a) One of the groups that conflicts with the intellectuals.
(b) One of the groups of intellectuals that influence Roman thought.
(c) One of the groups of intellectuals that influence Greek thought and values.
(d) The followers of an intellectual named Sophie.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom are the plays?
2. Freedom is relative in that the more freedom one individual has, the ______ freedom another has.
3. There is a shift in agricultural production away from what into the production of olives, figs, fruits, etc.?
4. Augustus set the pace for the interpretations of freedom that will define the European chordal triad for how long?
5. Who does this economically benefit?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)