|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Patterson draw heavily to make his point?
(a) French operas.
(b) German symphonies.
(c) Greek drama.
(d) Roman plays.
2. When has someone achieved inner freedom?
(a) When an individual becomes educated in freedom.
(b) When an individual is an independent thinker.
(c) When an individual prays to his or her gods.
(d) When an individual dies.
3. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
4. How do many in the nobility view the princeps?
(a) As a form of leadership.
(b) As a form of wealth.
(c) As a form of slavery.
(d) As a form of power.
5. According to Patterson, how many phases exist in the development of early Christianity?
Short Answer Questions
1. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
2. What happens to debtors at this time?
3. Of whom does the majority of the population consist?
4. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
5. Upon what form of freedom do intellectuals frown?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)