|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
(a) Other European nations.
(c) Other Greek city-states.
2. Who did the women confined to home have for company?
(a) Their children.
3. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
(a) He or she was eaten.
(b) He or she was sold.
(c) He or she was given away as a gift.
(d) He or she was freed.
4. What happens to debtors at this time?
(a) They are protected.
(b) They are exiled.
(c) They are sold into slavery.
(d) They are hanged.
5. Each of the three is concerned with what issue?
(a) The slavery-freedom issue.
(b) The afterlife.
(c) Death and dying.
(d) Compassion and compromise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are many of the proponents of these schools of thought?
2. What does this chapter examine?
3. Why must one be aware of and concerned with the thoughts and opinions of the intellectuals?
4. Why does Reactionary Stoicism appeal to the Roman upper classes?
5. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)