|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the only beings that are truly free?
(a) The gods.
2. What happens to debtors at this time?
(a) They are hanged.
(b) They are sold into slavery.
(c) They are protected.
(d) They are exiled.
3. In this type of freedom, an individual can do what he wants without the constraint of what?
(a) Having to pay for it.
(b) The wishes of others.
(c) Any choice.
(d) His own wishes.
4. In what do plebeians have more faith?
(b) No rulers.
(c) Many minor rulers.
5. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
(a) They provide food and supplies.
(b) They protect them from enemies.
(c) They provide the means for the growing Athenian imperialism.
(d) They make medicine for the wealthy Athenians.
Short Answer Questions
1. The practice of manumission and co-optation means the native born Romans, or the ruling class, are what?
2. Each of the three is concerned with what issue?
3. What is one of the phases?
4. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
5. In the days of ancient Carthage, the slave develops what kind of value?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)