|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With _____________ freedom, the individual is not dominated by another human.
2. Why does Reactionary Stoicism appeal to the Roman upper classes?
(a) It is based on faith.
(b) It is based on social status.
(c) It is based on wealth.
(d) It is based on reason.
3. How is the cult of Christianity similar to other cults of the time?
(a) It is polytheistic.
(b) It contains a savior.
(c) It preaches the coming of the apocalypse.
(d) It is monotheistic.
4. Who writes the dramas?
(a) Female playwrights.
(b) Leaders of the aristocracy.
(c) Male playwrights.
(d) Poor men.
5. By whom is society transformed?
(a) The slaves.
(b) The lower class.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The upper class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slavery is more than just what kind of problem?
2. Where are these elements first expressed?
3. Athens experiences how many results from the transition to a slave economy?
4. How does Greek drama, especially tragedy, credit women?
5. On what does Patterson draw heavily to make his point?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)