|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The second conflict takes place between 340-266 A.D., resulting in what?
(a) Rome shrinking and consolidating.
(b) Rome being taken over by the Greeks.
(c) Rome growing and expanding to become Greece.
(d) Rome growing and expanding to become Italy.
2. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
(a) He or she was given away as a gift.
(b) He or she was sold.
(c) He or she was freed.
(d) He or she was eaten.
3. To what does this lead?
(a) The upper and middle class women commiserating and identifying with the slaves.
(b) The lower and upper class women commiserating and identifying with their children.
(c) All women commiserating and identifying with their friends and relatives.
(d) The lower and middle class women commiserating and identifying with slaves.
4. Who are the only beings that are truly free?
(d) The gods.
5. What is an example of a social reform for the abolishment of debt, debt bondage and enslavement for debt?
(a) Solon's seisochtheia.
(b) Solomon's seize.
(c) Solomon's seisochtheia.
(d) Solon's seize.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
2. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
3. What kind of freedom is this, on a national level?
4. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
5. When does the speech take place?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)