|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The second conflict takes place between 340-266 A.D., resulting in what?
(a) Rome being taken over by the Greeks.
(b) Rome growing and expanding to become Italy.
(c) Rome growing and expanding to become Greece.
(d) Rome shrinking and consolidating.
2. _________________ freedom more or less defines the slave-slave master relationship.
3. How does agricultural production shift?
(a) Toward grain.
(b) Completely away from grain.
(c) Completely to grain.
(d) Somewhat away from grain.
4. What must one be to be considered Greek?
(b) A member of Greek society.
(c) A man.
(d) Native born.
5. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
(a) Ancient Rome and Greece.
(b) Ancient Athens and Greece.
(c) Ancient Carthage and Rome.
(d) Modern Athens and Greece.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what is the nineteenth century Imbangala people of Africa's society based?
2. Patterson states that he does not mean for his book to be a study of the intellectual study of freedom, but the historical development of what?
3. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
4. Freedom becomes associated with what in the minds of the populace?
5. On what does Patterson draw heavily to make his point?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)