|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the plebeians view the civic freedom of the upper class?
(a) As a threat to their own personal freedom.
(b) As something to desire.
(c) As a form of personal freedom.
(d) As a good compromise to their personal freedom.
2. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
3. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
(a) Economically and socially independent of it.
(b) Politically independent of it.
(c) Economically and socially dependent on it.
(d) Politically dependent on it.
4. What happens to debtors at this time?
(a) They are exiled.
(b) They are sold into slavery.
(c) They are hanged.
(d) They are protected.
5. On what does Patterson draw heavily to make his point?
(a) Greek drama.
(b) French operas.
(c) German symphonies.
(d) Roman plays.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freedom is relative in that the more freedom one individual has, the ______ freedom another has.
2. Athens experiences how many results from the transition to a slave economy?
3. What parts of the Roman economy are slave-based?
4. What does this chapter examine?
5. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)