|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the only beings that are truly free?
(c) The gods.
2. What dictates mortal life?
(d) Decisions made by each individual.
3. What is an example of a social reform for the abolishment of debt, debt bondage and enslavement for debt?
(a) Solon's seize.
(b) Solon's seisochtheia.
(c) Solomon's seize.
(d) Solomon's seisochtheia.
4. The whole fabric of society exists around and is dependent on what?
(a) Freedom as a social value.
(b) The institution of slavery.
(d) Community solidarity.
5. Patterson states that he does not mean for his book to be a study of the intellectual study of freedom, but the historical development of what?
(a) Greek culture and society.
(b) Freedom in Roman culture.
(c) Freedom as a social value.
(d) Freedom as a social value in Greece.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what preoccupation among citizens does this lead?
2. When has someone achieved inner freedom?
3. Which social classes of women are restricted to their houses with very little social life?
4. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
5. To what can the development of freedom as a social value be traced?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)