|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Athens experiences how many results from the transition to a slave economy?
2. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
(a) Four villages.
(b) Four city-states.
(c) Four designated periods of interest.
(d) Four Grecian rules.
3. What must one be to be considered Greek?
(b) A man.
(c) A member of Greek society.
(d) Native born.
4. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
(a) He or she was given away as a gift.
(b) He or she was sold.
(c) He or she was eaten.
(d) He or she was freed.
5. How are the living conditions of many Athenian women?
(a) Rather boring.
(b) Rather eventful.
(c) Rather lavish.
(d) Rather harsh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must one be aware of and concerned with the thoughts and opinions of the intellectuals?
2. When does the speech take place?
3. What does the slave want?
4. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
5. Which of Aeschylus' plays does he cite?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)