|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The occupation makes the Greeks think about what issues?
(a) Slavery and freedoms of various kinds.
(b) Equality and justice.
(c) Love and compassion.
(d) Understanding and compromise.
2. Upon what form of freedom do intellectuals frown?
(a) The warm view.
(b) The rigid view.
(c) The outer or external view.
(d) The civic view.
3. Freedom becomes associated with what in the minds of the populace?
(a) Sovereignal freedom.
(b) Pesonal freedom.
(c) Victory over the Persians.
(d) Civic freedom.
4. Who are the Sophists?
(a) One of the groups of intellectuals that influence Roman thought.
(b) One of the groups that conflicts with the intellectuals.
(c) The followers of an intellectual named Sophie.
(d) One of the groups of intellectuals that influence Greek thought and values.
5. What does it mean to be Greek?
(a) To be an outcast.
(b) To be enslaved.
(c) To be special.
(d) To be free.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Greek drama full?
2. When has someone achieved inner freedom?
3. According to Patterson, what are the three components of freedom?
4. For whom are the plays?
5. In this type of freedom, an individual can do what he wants without the constraint of what?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)