|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who either fear being captured and made into slaves, or are already slaves and want release?
2. Where are these elements first expressed?
(a) In the feast of Zeus.
(b) In the worship of Athena.
(c) In the funeral oration of Pericles.
(d) In the wedding oration of Perna.
3. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
(a) Four villages.
(b) Four designated periods of interest.
(c) Four city-states.
(d) Four Grecian rules.
4. What does a second factor have to do with, which Patterson sees as "a strategic class error" (p. 65) because it results in a standard against which things can be measured?
(a) The spread of wealth among this new class.
(b) The spread of literacy and the development of a legal written code.
(c) The spread of disease.
(d) The spread of legal tender that quickly reveals wealth.
5. What groups are excluded from any say in the government of the ruling wealthy?
(a) Women and children.
(b) The small rural landholder and women.
(c) Slaves and women.
(d) The small rural landholder and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an example of a social reform for the abolishment of debt, debt bondage and enslavement for debt?
2. A social reaction between slave, slaveholder and society must take place in order for what to happen?
3. Who does this economically benefit?
4. The social value of freedom exists by the end of what century?
5. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)