|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this chapter examine?
(a) The role of Rome in the historical development of freedom.
(b) The role of Crete in the development of freedom.
(c) The role of Greece in the historical development of freedom as a social value.
(d) The role of Italy in the historical development of freedom.
2. Personal freedom awareness results from the role of what Greeks?
3. What groups are excluded from any say in the government of the ruling wealthy?
(a) Slaves and women.
(b) The small rural landholder and women.
(c) The small rural landholder and children.
(d) Women and children.
4. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
(a) A political revolution.
(b) A freedom revolution.
(c) An economic revolution.
(d) A social revolution.
5. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
(a) Other Greek city-states.
(b) Other European nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Plato, what is the soul like?
2. Which of Aeschylus' plays does he cite?
3. What are the three elements of freedom called?
4. To what preoccupation among citizens does this lead?
5. How do societies everywhere regard the inception of freedom as a value?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)