|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The years of the Peloponnesian War bring what to Athens and Greece?
(d) Only war.
2. Patterson states that he does not mean for his book to be a study of the intellectual study of freedom, but the historical development of what?
(a) Freedom as a social value.
(b) Freedom as a social value in Greece.
(c) Freedom in Roman culture.
(d) Greek culture and society.
3. Since the slave master's financial welfare depended on the slave, what did he have to do?
(a) Trick the slave to produce.
(b) Find a way to motivate the slave to produce.
(c) Find a way to purchase more slaves.
(d) Scare the slave into submission.
4. With _____________ freedom, the individual is not dominated by another human.
5. Which of the following statements describes the new class that arises?
(a) It is more powerful than the aristocracy.
(b) It is dependent on the aristocracy.
(c) It is not dependent on the aristocracy.
(d) It is a new aristocracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the external response reveal about intellectuals?
2. Which social classes of women are restricted to their houses with very little social life?
3. In order to foster productivity, there is also an accompanying increase in what, since this is the only way the society can attain the output it needs to survive?
4. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
5. Slavery is more than just what kind of problem?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)