|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the three elements of freedom called?
(a) The Chordal triad.
(b) The Corpus triad.
(c) The Choral trio.
(d) The Cord thrice.
2. On what does Patterson draw heavily to make his point?
(a) French operas.
(b) German symphonies.
(c) Roman plays.
(d) Greek drama.
3. Who are the only beings that are truly free?
(c) The gods.
4. What does this chapter examine?
(a) The role of Italy in the historical development of freedom.
(b) The role of Rome in the historical development of freedom.
(c) The role of Greece in the historical development of freedom as a social value.
(d) The role of Crete in the development of freedom.
5. Who does the slave in this culture have?
(a) His family.
(b) His friends.
(c) The slave master.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what is Athens now completely dependent?
2. Freedom is relative in that the more freedom one individual has, the ______ freedom another has.
3. Who does this economically benefit?
4. What dictates mortal life?
5. How does this chapter examine the role of women in the development of the concept of freedom?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)