|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Plato, what is the soul like?
(a) A transparent being.
(b) A mini-state in that it contains three parts.
(c) A container of thoughts.
(d) The true person.
2. How does Greek society hold women?
(a) Not very highly.
(b) Very highly.
(c) Not at all.
(d) Somewhat highly.
3. The financial welfare of the slaveholder is now becoming dependent on what?
(a) The social class of the slave.
(b) The productivity of the slave.
(c) The intelligence of the slave.
(d) The physical attributes of the slave.
4. What is an example of a social reform for the abolishment of debt, debt bondage and enslavement for debt?
(a) Solomon's seize.
(b) Solon's seisochtheia.
(c) Solon's seize.
(d) Solomon's seisochtheia.
5. Upon what form of freedom do intellectuals frown?
(a) The civic view.
(b) The outer or external view.
(c) The warm view.
(d) The rigid view.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to foster productivity, there is also an accompanying increase in what, since this is the only way the society can attain the output it needs to survive?
2. What would a slave in this culture not have that is necessary to protect and nurture him?
3. Who does the slave in this culture have?
4. To what does this lead?
5. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)