|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freedom is relative in that the more freedom one individual has, the ______ freedom another has.
2. _________________ freedom more or less defines the slave-slave master relationship.
3. How does this chapter examine the role of women in the development of the concept of freedom?
(a) Using Greek tragedy.
(b) Using German symphonies.
(c) Using French operas.
(d) Using Roman plays.
4. What kind of freedom is this, on a national level?
5. Since the slave master's financial welfare depended on the slave, what did he have to do?
(a) Trick the slave to produce.
(b) Find a way to motivate the slave to produce.
(c) Find a way to purchase more slaves.
(d) Scare the slave into submission.
Short Answer Questions
1. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
2. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
3. With _____________ freedom, the individual is not dominated by another human.
4. The third component is the ________ component, where individuals have the freedom to participate in the community and its governance, with their rights and obligations defined.
5. During the war in the sixth century B.C., Greek cities are occupied by whom?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)