|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
(a) They make medicine for the wealthy Athenians.
(b) They provide food and supplies.
(c) They protect them from enemies.
(d) They provide the means for the growing Athenian imperialism.
2. When is this view of Mortal life beginning to be questioned?
(a) By the end of the fifth century B.C.
(b) By the middle of the sixth century B.C.
(c) By the end of the sixth century B.C.
(d) By the middle of the fifth century B.C.
3. The slave is owned by whom?
(a) His king.
(b) His father.
(d) The slave master.
4. What does the slave want?
(a) To be free and an equal member of society.
(b) To be given work.
(c) To be given the necessities of survival.
(d) To be loved.
5. The third component is the ________ component, where individuals have the freedom to participate in the community and its governance, with their rights and obligations defined.
Short Answer Questions
1. A social reaction between slave, slaveholder and society must take place in order for what to happen?
2. Upon what form of freedom do intellectuals frown?
3. To what preoccupation among citizens does this lead?
4. Greek drama represents what?
5. To what does this expose the Greeks?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)