|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not entirely correct regarding freedom and slavery?
(a) Defining them purely in terms of social status.
(b) Defining them purely in terms of personal status.
(c) Defining them without terms of legal status.
(d) Defining them purely in terms of legal status.
2. What happens to these former slaves that become successful and prosperous?
(a) They are abused by the aristocracy and the still-oppressed slaves.
(b) They become disrespectful and out of control.
(c) They cause resentment among the still-oppressed slaves.
(d) They miss their old lives.
3. What delineates the fifth revolution of this period?
(a) Concern with economic freedom.
(b) Concern with freedom as a value.
(c) Concern with political freedom.
(d) Concern with social freedom.
4. What would a slave in this culture not have that is necessary to protect and nurture him?
(a) A slave master.
(c) The family and friendship structure.
(d) Food and shelter.
5. According to Patterson, what are the three components of freedom?
(a) Ruler, kingdom, and peasant.
(b) Individual, unique, and social.
(c) Formal, informal, and community.
(d) Personal, sovereignal, and civic.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does this lead?
2. On what is the nineteenth century Imbangala people of Africa's society based?
3. What does a second factor have to do with, which Patterson sees as "a strategic class error" (p. 65) because it results in a standard against which things can be measured?
4. Of what is Greek drama full?
5. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)