|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Aeschylus' plays does he cite?
(a) The Romans and the Goddess Juno.
(b) The Persians and The Suppliant Maidens.
(c) The Franks and the Beautiful Woman.
(d) The Saxons and the Handsome Midwife.
2. What are the three elements of freedom called?
(a) The Chordal triad.
(b) The Corpus triad.
(c) The Choral trio.
(d) The Cord thrice.
3. What must one be to be considered Greek?
(a) A man.
(c) A member of Greek society.
(d) Native born.
4. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
(a) He does not have a place to go.
(b) He would have family with which to stay.
(c) The slave master would not have an adequate amount of workers.
(d) He is not intelligent.
5. In the days of ancient Carthage, the slave develops what kind of value?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which social classes of women are restricted to their houses with very little social life?
2. To what does this expose the Greeks?
3. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
4. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
5. How does Greek society hold women?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)