|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freedom becomes associated with what in the minds of the populace?
(a) Victory over the Persians.
(b) Pesonal freedom.
(c) Sovereignal freedom.
(d) Civic freedom.
2. To what can the development of freedom as a social value be traced?
(a) Five revolutions that occurred in Athens between 7 and 4 B.C.
(b) Five revolutions that occurred in Rome between 4 and 7 A.D.
(c) Five revolutions that occurred in Athens between 4 and 7 A.D.
(d) Five revolutions that occurred in Rome between 7 and 4 B.C.
3. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
(a) A social revolution.
(b) A political revolution.
(c) An economic revolution.
(d) A philosophical revolution.
4. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
(a) Import of wheat.
(b) Mining for export and urban crafts.
(c) Import of expensive stone and gems.
(d) Exporting of wheat and other produce.
5. Of what is Greek drama full?
(a) Weak women in leading roles.
(b) Strong women in small roles.
(c) Weak women in small roles.
(d) Strong women commanding leading roles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements describes the new class that arises?
2. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
3. How do societies everywhere regard the inception of freedom as a value?
4. Preoccupation with freedom is predominately a _____________ concept.
5. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)