|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, the differing views of freedom lead to what?
(a) Social conflict and upheaval.
2. In the days of ancient Carthage, the slave develops what kind of value?
3. According to Patterson, what are the three components of freedom?
(a) Personal, sovereignal, and civic.
(b) Ruler, kingdom, and peasant.
(c) Formal, informal, and community.
(d) Individual, unique, and social.
4. According to Plato, what is the soul like?
(a) A mini-state in that it contains three parts.
(b) The true person.
(c) A transparent being.
(d) A container of thoughts.
5. Freedom is relative in that the more freedom one individual has, the ______ freedom another has.
Short Answer Questions
1. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
2. Again what does Patterson use to support this point?
3. For what do the slaves yearn?
4. For whom are the plays?
5. What happens to these former slaves that become successful and prosperous?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)