|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do societies everywhere regard the inception of freedom as a value?
(a) They ignore it.
(b) They are envious of it.
(c) They resist it.
(d) They encourag it.
2. How does Greek drama, especially tragedy, credit women?
(a) With being responsible for building up the Greek population.
(b) With being responsible for guiding their men along the correct path.
(c) With being responsible for feeding the Greek population.
(d) With being responsible for developing the social consciousness of concern for personal freedom and independence.
3. Personal freedom awareness results from the role of what Greeks?
4. The years of the Peloponnesian War bring what to Athens and Greece?
(a) Only war.
5. This means that there has to be an increase in what?
(a) The slave-master population.
(b) The production of grain.
(c) The slave population.
(d) The number of farms.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the living conditions of many Athenian women?
2. Who does the slave in this culture have?
3. Freedom becomes associated with what in the minds of the populace?
4. By whom is society transformed?
5. The financial welfare of the slaveholder is now becoming dependent on what?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)