|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do the slaves yearn?
(b) Food and shelter.
(c) Freedom and escape from bondage.
(d) Love and compassion.
2. The slave is owned by whom?
(b) The slave master.
(c) His father.
(d) His king.
3. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
(a) The Middle Ages.
(b) The Peloponnesian War.
(c) The 100 Years War.
(d) The Renaissance.
4. Who does this economically benefit?
(a) The poor Athenians.
(b) Both rich and poor Athenians.
(c) The rich Athenians.
(d) The middle class Athenians.
5. What does it mean to be Greek?
(a) To be enslaved.
(b) To be an outcast.
(c) To be free.
(d) To be special.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to debtors at this time?
2. Who does the slave in this culture have?
3. According to Patterson, what are the three components of freedom?
4. On what does Patterson draw heavily to make his point?
5. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)