|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this type of freedom, an individual can do what he wants without the constraint of what?
(a) His own wishes.
(b) Any choice.
(c) Having to pay for it.
(d) The wishes of others.
2. Athens experiences how many results from the transition to a slave economy?
3. According to Patterson, what are the three components of freedom?
(a) Individual, unique, and social.
(b) Personal, sovereignal, and civic.
(c) Ruler, kingdom, and peasant.
(d) Formal, informal, and community.
4. Who does the slave in this culture have?
(a) The slave master.
(b) His mother.
(c) His family.
(d) His friends.
5. Eventually, the differing views of freedom lead to what?
(a) Social conflict and upheaval.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to debtors at this time?
2. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
3. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
4. What does the external response reveal about intellectuals?
5. How does Greek drama, especially tragedy, credit women?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)