|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this chapter examine?
(a) The role of Greece in the historical development of freedom as a social value.
(b) The role of Rome in the historical development of freedom.
(c) The role of Crete in the development of freedom.
(d) The role of Italy in the historical development of freedom.
2. Slavery is more than just what kind of problem?
(a) In personal status.
(b) In social status.
(c) In sovereignal status.
(d) In legal status.
3. In order to foster productivity, there is also an accompanying increase in what, since this is the only way the society can attain the output it needs to survive?
4. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
(a) An economic revolution.
(b) A political revolution.
(c) A philosophical revolution.
(d) A social revolution.
5. For what do the slaves yearn?
(b) Food and shelter.
(c) Freedom and escape from bondage.
(d) Love and compassion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
2. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
3. What dictates mortal life?
4. What does a second factor have to do with, which Patterson sees as "a strategic class error" (p. 65) because it results in a standard against which things can be measured?
5. The social value of freedom exists by the end of what century?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)