|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes the dramas?
(a) Female playwrights.
(b) Leaders of the aristocracy.
(c) Poor men.
(d) Male playwrights.
2. How does agricultural production shift?
(a) Toward grain.
(b) Somewhat away from grain.
(c) Completely to grain.
(d) Completely away from grain.
3. What does the slave want?
(a) To be loved.
(b) To be given work.
(c) To be free and an equal member of society.
(d) To be given the necessities of survival.
4. According to Patterson, what are the three components of freedom?
(a) Individual, unique, and social.
(b) Formal, informal, and community.
(c) Ruler, kingdom, and peasant.
(d) Personal, sovereignal, and civic.
5. How are the living conditions of many Athenian women?
(a) Rather boring.
(b) Rather eventful.
(c) Rather lavish.
(d) Rather harsh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this chapter examine?
2. Preoccupation with freedom is predominately a _____________ concept.
3. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
4. How do societies everywhere regard the inception of freedom as a value?
5. In this type of freedom, an individual can do what he wants without the constraint of what?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)