|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the speech take place?
(a) During the first year of the Peloponnesian War.
(b) During the last year of the Persian War.
(c) During the first year of the 100 Years War.
(d) During the last year of the Peloponnesian War.
2. How does this chapter examine the role of women in the development of the concept of freedom?
(a) Using Greek tragedy.
(b) Using German symphonies.
(c) Using Roman plays.
(d) Using French operas.
3. For what do the slaves yearn?
(b) Freedom and escape from bondage.
(c) Love and compassion.
(d) Food and shelter.
4. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
(a) Import of expensive stone and gems.
(b) Import of wheat.
(c) Exporting of wheat and other produce.
(d) Mining for export and urban crafts.
5. Upon what form of freedom do intellectuals frown?
(a) The civic view.
(b) The rigid view.
(c) The warm view.
(d) The outer or external view.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do societies everywhere regard the inception of freedom as a value?
2. Freedom becomes associated with what in the minds of the populace?
3. The whole fabric of society exists around and is dependent on what?
4. What does the external response reveal about intellectuals?
5. Since the slave master's financial welfare depended on the slave, what did he have to do?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)