|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The years of the Peloponnesian War bring what to Athens and Greece?
(a) Only war.
2. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
(a) He does not have a place to go.
(b) He would have family with which to stay.
(c) The slave master would not have an adequate amount of workers.
(d) He is not intelligent.
3. How does Greek drama, especially tragedy, credit women?
(a) With being responsible for developing the social consciousness of concern for personal freedom and independence.
(b) With being responsible for building up the Greek population.
(c) With being responsible for guiding their men along the correct path.
(d) With being responsible for feeding the Greek population.
4. What does the external response reveal about intellectuals?
(a) What annoys the intellectuals about society.
(b) The opinions of the intellectuals on what is best for society.
(c) The opinions of the intellectuals on what they see happen in their society.
(d) The opinions of the intellectuals on what they would like to see in society.
5. What groups are excluded from any say in the government of the ruling wealthy?
(a) Slaves and women.
(b) The small rural landholder and women.
(c) The small rural landholder and children.
(d) Women and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
2. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
3. To what preoccupation among citizens does this lead?
4. In this chapter, what does Patterson examine?
5. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)