|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The years of the Peloponnesian War bring what to Athens and Greece?
(d) Only war.
2. Athens experiences how many results from the transition to a slave economy?
3. Patterson states that he does not mean for his book to be a study of the intellectual study of freedom, but the historical development of what?
(a) Freedom as a social value in Greece.
(b) Greek culture and society.
(c) Freedom as a social value.
(d) Freedom in Roman culture.
4. The slave is owned by whom?
(a) The slave master.
(b) His father.
(d) His king.
5. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
(a) Four city-states.
(b) Four designated periods of interest.
(c) Four villages.
(d) Four Grecian rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
2. Who are the only beings that are truly free?
3. What does this chapter examine?
4. Who does the slave in this culture have?
5. The financial welfare of the slaveholder is now becoming dependent on what?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)