|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The slave is owned by whom?
(a) The slave master.
(b) His father.
(d) His king.
2. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
(a) Four city-states.
(b) Four Grecian rules.
(c) Four villages.
(d) Four designated periods of interest.
3. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
(a) Male slaves of the period.
(b) Female slaves of the period.
(c) Female landowners of the period.
(d) Male landowners of the period.
4. What does a second factor have to do with, which Patterson sees as "a strategic class error" (p. 65) because it results in a standard against which things can be measured?
(a) The spread of legal tender that quickly reveals wealth.
(b) The spread of wealth among this new class.
(c) The spread of disease.
(d) The spread of literacy and the development of a legal written code.
5. What is also a factor contributing to the social conflict of this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
2. What is an example of a social reform for the abolishment of debt, debt bondage and enslavement for debt?
3. The third component is the ________ component, where individuals have the freedom to participate in the community and its governance, with their rights and obligations defined.
4. Which of the following statements describes the new class that arises?
5. What kind of freedom is this, on a national level?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)