|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
(a) Modern Athens and Greece.
(b) Ancient Rome and Greece.
(c) Ancient Carthage and Rome.
(d) Ancient Athens and Greece.
2. What kind of freedom is this, on a national level?
3. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
(a) He would have family with which to stay.
(b) He is not intelligent.
(c) The slave master would not have an adequate amount of workers.
(d) He does not have a place to go.
4. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
(a) A freedom revolution.
(b) A social revolution.
(c) A political revolution.
(d) An economic revolution.
5. What groups are excluded from any say in the government of the ruling wealthy?
(a) Women and children.
(b) Slaves and women.
(c) The small rural landholder and women.
(d) The small rural landholder and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean to be Greek?
2. What would a slave in this culture not have that is necessary to protect and nurture him?
3. The occupation makes the Greeks think about what issues?
4. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
5. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)