|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
(c) Other Greek city-states.
(d) Other European nations.
2. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
(a) They provide food and supplies.
(b) They make medicine for the wealthy Athenians.
(c) They provide the means for the growing Athenian imperialism.
(d) They protect them from enemies.
3. What delineates the fifth revolution of this period?
(a) Concern with economic freedom.
(b) Concern with freedom as a value.
(c) Concern with social freedom.
(d) Concern with political freedom.
4. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
(a) He or she was given away as a gift.
(b) He or she was sold.
(c) He or she was eaten.
(d) He or she was freed.
5. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
(a) Ancient Carthage and Rome.
(b) Ancient Athens and Greece.
(c) Ancient Rome and Greece.
(d) Modern Athens and Greece.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this type of freedom, an individual can do what he wants without the constraint of what?
2. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
3. According to Patterson, what are the three components of freedom?
4. During the war in the sixth century B.C., Greek cities are occupied by whom?
5. What happens to these former slaves that become successful and prosperous?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)