|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
(a) He or she was given away as a gift.
(b) He or she was eaten.
(c) He or she was freed.
(d) He or she was sold.
2. By whom is society transformed?
(a) The upper class.
(b) The middle class.
(c) The lower class.
(d) The slaves.
3. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
(a) Male landowners of the period.
(b) Male slaves of the period.
(c) Female landowners of the period.
(d) Female slaves of the period.
4. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
(a) They protect them from enemies.
(b) They provide food and supplies.
(c) They provide the means for the growing Athenian imperialism.
(d) They make medicine for the wealthy Athenians.
5. How do societies everywhere regard the inception of freedom as a value?
(a) They resist it.
(b) They encourag it.
(c) They ignore it.
(d) They are envious of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
2. What would a slave in this culture not have that is necessary to protect and nurture him?
3. What is an example of a social reform for the abolishment of debt, debt bondage and enslavement for debt?
4. What does this chapter examine?
5. Where are these elements first expressed?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)