|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must one be to be considered Greek?
(b) A man.
(c) A member of Greek society.
(d) Native born.
2. The occupation makes the Greeks think about what issues?
(a) Love and compassion.
(b) Understanding and compromise.
(c) Slavery and freedoms of various kinds.
(d) Equality and justice.
3. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
(a) Other European nations.
(d) Other Greek city-states.
4. Which of Aeschylus' plays does he cite?
(a) The Romans and the Goddess Juno.
(b) The Saxons and the Handsome Midwife.
(c) The Persians and The Suppliant Maidens.
(d) The Franks and the Beautiful Woman.
5. What happens to these former slaves that become successful and prosperous?
(a) They miss their old lives.
(b) They are abused by the aristocracy and the still-oppressed slaves.
(c) They cause resentment among the still-oppressed slaves.
(d) They become disrespectful and out of control.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to debtors at this time?
2. The third component is the ________ component, where individuals have the freedom to participate in the community and its governance, with their rights and obligations defined.
3. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
4. Eventually, the differing views of freedom lead to what?
5. What does this chapter examine?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)