|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Patterson draw heavily to make his point?
(a) German symphonies.
(b) Greek drama.
(c) French operas.
(d) Roman plays.
2. On what is the nineteenth century Imbangala people of Africa's society based?
3. What does a second factor have to do with, which Patterson sees as "a strategic class error" (p. 65) because it results in a standard against which things can be measured?
(a) The spread of wealth among this new class.
(b) The spread of literacy and the development of a legal written code.
(c) The spread of legal tender that quickly reveals wealth.
(d) The spread of disease.
4. What does this chapter examine?
(a) The role of Italy in the historical development of freedom.
(b) The role of Rome in the historical development of freedom.
(c) The role of Greece in the historical development of freedom as a social value.
(d) The role of Crete in the development of freedom.
5. What would a slave in this culture not have that is necessary to protect and nurture him?
(a) The family and friendship structure.
(b) Food and shelter.
(c) A slave master.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slavery is more than just what kind of problem?
2. Where are these elements first expressed?
3. Which of Aeschylus' plays does he cite?
4. Again what does Patterson use to support this point?
5. Since the slave master's financial welfare depended on the slave, what did he have to do?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)