|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
(a) They provide the means for the growing Athenian imperialism.
(b) They provide food and supplies.
(c) They protect them from enemies.
(d) They make medicine for the wealthy Athenians.
2. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
(a) He or she was sold.
(b) He or she was freed.
(c) He or she was eaten.
(d) He or she was given away as a gift.
3. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
(a) A social revolution.
(b) A freedom revolution.
(c) A political revolution.
(d) An economic revolution.
4. Again what does Patterson use to support this point?
(a) German symphonies.
(b) Greek drama.
(c) French operas.
(d) Roman plays.
5. Who does this economically benefit?
(a) The middle class Athenians.
(b) Both rich and poor Athenians.
(c) The rich Athenians.
(d) The poor Athenians.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the war in the sixth century B.C., Greek cities are occupied by whom?
2. The occupation makes the Greeks think about what issues?
3. Freedom is relative in that the more freedom one individual has, the ______ freedom another has.
4. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
5. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)