|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
(a) Male slaves of the period.
(b) Female slaves of the period.
(c) Female landowners of the period.
(d) Male landowners of the period.
2. What does it mean to be Greek?
(a) To be free.
(b) To be special.
(c) To be enslaved.
(d) To be an outcast.
3. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
(a) The political revolution.
(b) The freedom revolution.
(c) The economic revolution.
(d) The social revolution.
4. Who does the slave in this culture have?
(a) The slave master.
(b) His family.
(c) His mother.
(d) His friends.
5. These factors lead to the development of what kind of society?
(a) No longer a slave based society.
(b) A kingdom with serfs instead of slaves.
(c) A native slave based society.
(d) A foreign slave based society.
Short Answer Questions
1. The social value of freedom exists by the end of what century?
2. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
3. Among the Tupinamba, why does the slave exist?
4. On what does Patterson draw heavily to make his point?
5. Preoccupation with freedom is predominately a _____________ concept.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)