|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements describes the new class that arises?
(a) It is dependent on the aristocracy.
(b) It is a new aristocracy.
(c) It is more powerful than the aristocracy.
(d) It is not dependent on the aristocracy.
2. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
(a) The Peloponnesian War.
(b) The Middle Ages.
(c) The 100 Years War.
(d) The Renaissance.
3. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
(a) Other Greek city-states.
(d) Other European nations.
4. Again what does Patterson use to support this point?
(a) French operas.
(b) German symphonies.
(c) Greek drama.
(d) Roman plays.
5. The slave is owned by whom?
(a) His king.
(b) His father.
(c) The slave master.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Aeschylus' plays does he cite?
2. To what does this expose the Greeks?
3. What does the slave want?
4. Slavery is more than just what kind of problem?
5. What does it mean to be Greek?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)