|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
(a) Mining for export and urban crafts.
(b) Import of wheat.
(c) Import of expensive stone and gems.
(d) Exporting of wheat and other produce.
2. What delineates the fifth revolution of this period?
(a) Concern with freedom as a value.
(b) Concern with political freedom.
(c) Concern with economic freedom.
(d) Concern with social freedom.
3. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
(a) They provide food and supplies.
(b) They provide the means for the growing Athenian imperialism.
(c) They protect them from enemies.
(d) They make medicine for the wealthy Athenians.
4. Slavery is more than just what kind of problem?
(a) In sovereignal status.
(b) In legal status.
(c) In personal status.
(d) In social status.
5. What happens to these former slaves that become successful and prosperous?
(a) They miss their old lives.
(b) They cause resentment among the still-oppressed slaves.
(c) They are abused by the aristocracy and the still-oppressed slaves.
(d) They become disrespectful and out of control.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
2. To what preoccupation among citizens does this lead?
3. Among the Tupinamba, why does the slave exist?
4. Where are these elements first expressed?
5. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)