|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
(a) An economic revolution.
(b) A social revolution.
(c) A freedom revolution.
(d) A political revolution.
2. For what do the slaves yearn?
(a) Food and shelter.
(c) Love and compassion.
(d) Freedom and escape from bondage.
3. What is not entirely correct regarding freedom and slavery?
(a) Defining them purely in terms of social status.
(b) Defining them purely in terms of legal status.
(c) Defining them purely in terms of personal status.
(d) Defining them without terms of legal status.
4. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
(a) He or she was eaten.
(b) He or she was sold.
(c) He or she was given away as a gift.
(d) He or she was freed.
5. Who does this economically benefit?
(a) Both rich and poor Athenians.
(b) The middle class Athenians.
(c) The rich Athenians.
(d) The poor Athenians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is also a factor contributing to the social conflict of this time?
2. According to Patterson, what are the three components of freedom?
3. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
4. To what preoccupation among citizens does this lead?
5. Which of Aeschylus' plays does he cite?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)