|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
(a) Four villages.
(b) Four Grecian rules.
(c) Four designated periods of interest.
(d) Four city-states.
2. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
3. Where are these elements first expressed?
(a) In the worship of Athena.
(b) In the funeral oration of Pericles.
(c) In the feast of Zeus.
(d) In the wedding oration of Perna.
4. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
(a) Economically and socially dependent on it.
(b) Economically and socially independent of it.
(c) Politically dependent on it.
(d) Politically independent of it.
5. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
(a) The slave master would not have an adequate amount of workers.
(b) He would have family with which to stay.
(c) He does not have a place to go.
(d) He is not intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freedom becomes associated with what in the minds of the populace?
2. Preoccupation with freedom is predominately a _____________ concept.
3. What does the slave want?
4. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
5. For what do the slaves yearn?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)