|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of freedom is this, on a national level?
2. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
(a) Mining for export and urban crafts.
(b) Import of expensive stone and gems.
(c) Exporting of wheat and other produce.
(d) Import of wheat.
3. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
(a) The Persians.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Mongols.
(d) The Macedonians.
4. What is not entirely correct regarding freedom and slavery?
(a) Defining them purely in terms of legal status.
(b) Defining them purely in terms of personal status.
(c) Defining them without terms of legal status.
(d) Defining them purely in terms of social status.
5. With _____________ freedom, the individual is not dominated by another human.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the speech take place?
2. Which of Aeschylus' plays does he cite?
3. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
4. According to Patterson, what are the three components of freedom?
5. The third component is the ________ component, where individuals have the freedom to participate in the community and its governance, with their rights and obligations defined.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)