|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this type of freedom, an individual can do what he wants without the constraint of what?
(a) Any choice.
(b) His own wishes.
(c) The wishes of others.
(d) Having to pay for it.
2. The financial welfare of the slaveholder is now becoming dependent on what?
(a) The productivity of the slave.
(b) The social class of the slave.
(c) The intelligence of the slave.
(d) The physical attributes of the slave.
3. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
(a) A dictatorship.
(b) A monarchy.
(c) A democratic republic.
(d) A kingdom.
4. Slavery is more than just what kind of problem?
(a) In personal status.
(b) In legal status.
(c) In social status.
(d) In sovereignal status.
5. To what can the development of freedom as a social value be traced?
(a) Five revolutions that occurred in Athens between 4 and 7 A.D.
(b) Five revolutions that occurred in Athens between 7 and 4 B.C.
(c) Five revolutions that occurred in Rome between 4 and 7 A.D.
(d) Five revolutions that occurred in Rome between 7 and 4 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Patterson draw heavily to make his point?
2. For what do the slaves yearn?
3. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
4. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
5. What must one be to be considered Greek?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)