|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The financial welfare of the slaveholder is now becoming dependent on what?
(a) The physical attributes of the slave.
(b) The productivity of the slave.
(c) The intelligence of the slave.
(d) The social class of the slave.
2. Since the slave master's financial welfare depended on the slave, what did he have to do?
(a) Find a way to motivate the slave to produce.
(b) Find a way to purchase more slaves.
(c) Trick the slave to produce.
(d) Scare the slave into submission.
3. On what does Patterson draw heavily to make his point?
(a) Roman plays.
(b) French operas.
(c) Greek drama.
(d) German symphonies.
4. What must one be to be considered Greek?
(b) A member of Greek society.
(c) Native born.
(d) A man.
5. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
(a) Four designated periods of interest.
(b) Four villages.
(c) Four city-states.
(d) Four Grecian rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do the slaves yearn?
2. The third component is the ________ component, where individuals have the freedom to participate in the community and its governance, with their rights and obligations defined.
3. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
4. What happens to debtors at this time?
5. Who either fear being captured and made into slaves, or are already slaves and want release?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)