|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slavery is more than just what kind of problem?
(a) In personal status.
(b) In legal status.
(c) In sovereignal status.
(d) In social status.
2. What happens to debtors at this time?
(a) They are exiled.
(b) They are sold into slavery.
(c) They are protected.
(d) They are hanged.
3. The social value of freedom exists by the end of what century?
(a) The fifth.
(b) The seventh.
(c) The sixth.
(d) The fourth.
4. What must one be to be considered Greek?
(a) Native born.
(b) A member of Greek society.
(c) A man.
5. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
(a) They make medicine for the wealthy Athenians.
(b) They provide food and supplies.
(c) They protect them from enemies.
(d) They provide the means for the growing Athenian imperialism.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do the slaves yearn?
2. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
3. Personal freedom awareness results from the role of what Greeks?
4. What does this chapter examine?
5. What is also a factor contributing to the social conflict of this time?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)