|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
(a) He or she was given away as a gift.
(b) He or she was freed.
(c) He or she was eaten.
(d) He or she was sold.
2. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
(a) An economic revolution.
(b) A political revolution.
(c) A social revolution.
(d) A philosophical revolution.
3. Which of Aeschylus' plays does he cite?
(a) The Saxons and the Handsome Midwife.
(b) The Romans and the Goddess Juno.
(c) The Franks and the Beautiful Woman.
(d) The Persians and The Suppliant Maidens.
4. In the days of ancient Carthage, the slave develops what kind of value?
5. There is a shift in agricultural production away from what into the production of olives, figs, fruits, etc.?
(a) Grain production.
(b) Corn production.
(c) Wheat production.
(d) Flax production.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to debtors at this time?
2. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
3. What must one be to be considered Greek?
4. In this type of freedom, an individual can do what he wants without the constraint of what?
5. The third component is the ________ component, where individuals have the freedom to participate in the community and its governance, with their rights and obligations defined.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)