|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The slave is owned by whom?
(a) His father.
(b) The slave master.
(c) His king.
2. What does this chapter examine?
(a) The role of Rome in the historical development of freedom.
(b) The role of Crete in the development of freedom.
(c) The role of Italy in the historical development of freedom.
(d) The role of Greece in the historical development of freedom as a social value.
3. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
(a) The social revolution.
(b) The political revolution.
(c) The freedom revolution.
(d) The economic revolution.
4. When does the speech take place?
(a) During the first year of the Peloponnesian War.
(b) During the last year of the Peloponnesian War.
(c) During the last year of the Persian War.
(d) During the first year of the 100 Years War.
5. Eventually, the differing views of freedom lead to what?
(b) Social conflict and upheaval.
Short Answer Questions
1. The social value of freedom exists by the end of what century?
2. The whole fabric of society exists around and is dependent on what?
3. Which of the following statements describes the new class that arises?
4. What is not entirely correct regarding freedom and slavery?
5. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)