|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By whom is society transformed?
(a) The upper class.
(b) The middle class.
(c) The lower class.
(d) The slaves.
2. The slave is owned by whom?
(a) The slave master.
(b) His father.
(d) His king.
3. According to Patterson, what are the three components of freedom?
(a) Individual, unique, and social.
(b) Ruler, kingdom, and peasant.
(c) Personal, sovereignal, and civic.
(d) Formal, informal, and community.
4. A social reaction between slave, slaveholder and society must take place in order for what to happen?
(a) Freedom to develop as a value.
(b) Various social classes to exist.
(c) A person to be enslaved.
(d) Inequality to exist.
5. What happens to debtors at this time?
(a) They are hanged.
(b) They are exiled.
(c) They are protected.
(d) They are sold into slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Patterson draw heavily to make his point?
2. The whole fabric of society exists around and is dependent on what?
3. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
4. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
5. What groups are excluded from any say in the government of the ruling wealthy?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)