Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Personal freedom awareness results from the role of what Greeks?
2. Augustus uses his sovereignal power for the______ of the populace.
(d) No member.
3. Who are the Sophists?
(a) One of the groups that conflicts with the intellectuals.
(b) One of the groups of intellectuals that influence Greek thought and values.
(c) One of the groups of intellectuals that influence Roman thought.
(d) The followers of an intellectual named Sophie.
4. To what can the development of freedom as a social value be traced?
(a) Five revolutions that occurred in Rome between 4 and 7 A.D.
(b) Five revolutions that occurred in Athens between 4 and 7 A.D.
(c) Five revolutions that occurred in Athens between 7 and 4 B.C.
(d) Five revolutions that occurred in Rome between 7 and 4 B.C.
5. What does this chapter examine?
(a) The role of Paul as the ruler of the Christian faith.
(b) The role of Paul in shaping Christianity's attitude on freedom.
(c) The role of Paul as the father of Christianity.
(d) The role of Paul in shaping Christianity's attitude about other gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. The years of the Peloponnesian War bring what to Athens and Greece?
2. How do the plebeians view the civic freedom of the upper class?
3. What delineates the fifth revolution of this period?
4. The practice of manumission and co-optation means the native born Romans, or the ruling class, are what?
5. Eventually, the differing views of freedom lead to what?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)