Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is a shift in agricultural production away from what into the production of olives, figs, fruits, etc.?
(a) Corn production.
(b) Grain production.
(c) Wheat production.
(d) Flax production.
2. From what does the development of the concept of freedom in Rome result?
(a) A series of debates.
(b) A smooth transition.
(c) A contrasting jump from slavery to freedom.
(d) A series of struggles.
3. How does Greek drama, especially tragedy, credit women?
(a) With being responsible for guiding their men along the correct path.
(b) With being responsible for feeding the Greek population.
(c) With being responsible for building up the Greek population.
(d) With being responsible for developing the social consciousness of concern for personal freedom and independence.
4. Since the slave master's financial welfare depended on the slave, what did he have to do?
(a) Find a way to purchase more slaves.
(b) Scare the slave into submission.
(c) Trick the slave to produce.
(d) Find a way to motivate the slave to produce.
5. What happens once Christianity appears?
(a) It spreads quickly through Greece.
(b) It stays in the Middle East.
(c) It spreads rapidly throughout the Roman Empire.
(d) It spreads slowly throughout the Roman Empire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which social classes of women are restricted to their houses with very little social life?
2. Each of the three is concerned with what issue?
3. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
4. According to Plato, what is the soul like?
5. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)