Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
(a) A political revolution.
(b) A freedom revolution.
(c) A social and philosophical revolution.
(d) An economic revolution.
2. Who writes the dramas?
(a) Leaders of the aristocracy.
(b) Poor men.
(c) Male playwrights.
(d) Female playwrights.
3. For what do the slaves yearn?
(a) Food and shelter.
(b) Freedom and escape from bondage.
(c) Love and compassion.
4. In the days of ancient Carthage, the slave develops what kind of value?
5. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
(a) The 100 Years War.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The Peloponnesian War.
(d) The Middle Ages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean to be Greek?
2. Who did the women confined to home have for company?
3. What would a slave in this culture not have that is necessary to protect and nurture him?
4. How are the living conditions of many Athenian women?
5. Since the slave master's financial welfare depended on the slave, what did he have to do?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)