Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
(a) Import of wheat.
(b) Exporting of wheat and other produce.
(c) Mining for export and urban crafts.
(d) Import of expensive stone and gems.
2. Where are these elements first expressed?
(a) In the worship of Athena.
(b) In the funeral oration of Pericles.
(c) In the wedding oration of Perna.
(d) In the feast of Zeus.
3. The occupation makes the Greeks think about what issues?
(a) Understanding and compromise.
(b) Equality and justice.
(c) Slavery and freedoms of various kinds.
(d) Love and compassion.
4. How do societies everywhere regard the inception of freedom as a value?
(a) They are envious of it.
(b) They resist it.
(c) They encourag it.
(d) They ignore it.
5. To what does this expose the Greeks?
(a) The opulent lifestyle of the Saxons.
(b) The opulent lifestyle of the Romans.
(c) The opulent lifestyle of the Persians.
(d) The opulent lifestyle of the Franks.
Short Answer Questions
1. The social value of freedom exists by the end of what century?
2. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
3. What does the slave want?
4. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
5. On what is the nineteenth century Imbangala people of Africa's society based?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)