|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the slave in this culture have?
(a) His family.
(b) His friends.
(c) His mother.
(d) The slave master.
2. What does it mean to be Greek?
(a) To be special.
(b) To be free.
(c) To be an outcast.
(d) To be enslaved.
3. What is an example of a social reform for the abolishment of debt, debt bondage and enslavement for debt?
(a) Solon's seisochtheia.
(b) Solomon's seize.
(c) Solomon's seisochtheia.
(d) Solon's seize.
4. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
(a) He or she was sold.
(b) He or she was freed.
(c) He or she was eaten.
(d) He or she was given away as a gift.
5. What is also a factor contributing to the social conflict of this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to these former slaves that become successful and prosperous?
2. The occupation makes the Greeks think about what issues?
3. How do societies everywhere regard the inception of freedom as a value?
4. What groups are excluded from any say in the government of the ruling wealthy?
5. Among the Tupinamba, why does the slave exist?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)