|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Among the Tupinamba, why does the slave exist?
(a) To provide an income for the slave master.
(b) For protecting the slave master's family.
(c) For the honor and dignity of the slave master.
(d) To be a family member for the slave master.
2. Eventually, the differing views of freedom lead to what?
(c) Social conflict and upheaval.
3. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
(a) The economic revolution.
(b) The political revolution.
(c) The freedom revolution.
(d) The social revolution.
4. What is not entirely correct regarding freedom and slavery?
(a) Defining them purely in terms of personal status.
(b) Defining them purely in terms of social status.
(c) Defining them without terms of legal status.
(d) Defining them purely in terms of legal status.
5. By whom is society transformed?
(a) The lower class.
(b) The slaves.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The upper class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
2. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
3. The slave is owned by whom?
4. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
5. To what preoccupation among citizens does this lead?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)