|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Greek drama, especially tragedy, credit women?
(a) With being responsible for feeding the Greek population.
(b) With being responsible for guiding their men along the correct path.
(c) With being responsible for building up the Greek population.
(d) With being responsible for developing the social consciousness of concern for personal freedom and independence.
2. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
3. There is a shift in agricultural production away from what into the production of olives, figs, fruits, etc.?
(a) Flax production.
(b) Wheat production.
(c) Corn production.
(d) Grain production.
4. How do societies everywhere regard the inception of freedom as a value?
(a) They encourag it.
(b) They resist it.
(c) They are envious of it.
(d) They ignore it.
5. Since the slave master's financial welfare depended on the slave, what did he have to do?
(a) Find a way to motivate the slave to produce.
(b) Find a way to purchase more slaves.
(c) Scare the slave into submission.
(d) Trick the slave to produce.
Short Answer Questions
1. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
2. What does this chapter examine?
3. What happens to debtors at this time?
4. A social reaction between slave, slaveholder and society must take place in order for what to happen?
5. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)