|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does this economically benefit?
(a) The rich Athenians.
(b) The middle class Athenians.
(c) The poor Athenians.
(d) Both rich and poor Athenians.
2. What does the slave want?
(a) To be loved.
(b) To be given work.
(c) To be given the necessities of survival.
(d) To be free and an equal member of society.
3. What does this chapter examine?
(a) The role of Crete in the development of freedom.
(b) The role of Italy in the historical development of freedom.
(c) The role of Greece in the historical development of freedom as a social value.
(d) The role of Rome in the historical development of freedom.
4. Since the slave master's financial welfare depended on the slave, what did he have to do?
(a) Trick the slave to produce.
(b) Scare the slave into submission.
(c) Find a way to motivate the slave to produce.
(d) Find a way to purchase more slaves.
5. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
(a) Politically dependent on it.
(b) Economically and socially dependent on it.
(c) Economically and socially independent of it.
(d) Politically independent of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
2. How are the living conditions of many Athenian women?
3. A social reaction between slave, slaveholder and society must take place in order for what to happen?
4. What happens to debtors at this time?
5. Athens experiences how many results from the transition to a slave economy?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)