|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the slave in this culture have?
(a) His friends.
(b) The slave master.
(c) His mother.
(d) His family.
2. Greek drama represents what?
(a) A realistic view of women in society.
(b) A fantasy.
(c) A discourse on values.
(d) A time away from real life.
3. In the days of ancient Carthage, the slave develops what kind of value?
4. How are the living conditions of many Athenian women?
(a) Rather eventful.
(b) Rather boring.
(c) Rather harsh.
(d) Rather lavish.
5. What happens to debtors at this time?
(a) They are sold into slavery.
(b) They are protected.
(c) They are hanged.
(d) They are exiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Again what does Patterson use to support this point?
2. How does Greek society hold women?
3. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
4. Where are these elements first expressed?
5. To what does this lead?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)