|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which social classes of women are restricted to their houses with very little social life?
(a) Upper and middle class.
(b) All classes.
(c) Middle and lower class.
(d) Lower and upper class.
2. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
(b) Other Greek city-states.
(c) Other European nations.
3. In the days of ancient Carthage, the slave develops what kind of value?
4. What delineates the fifth revolution of this period?
(a) Concern with social freedom.
(b) Concern with economic freedom.
(c) Concern with freedom as a value.
(d) Concern with political freedom.
5. How do societies everywhere regard the inception of freedom as a value?
(a) They ignore it.
(b) They resist it.
(c) They encourag it.
(d) They are envious of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
2. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
3. How does this chapter examine the role of women in the development of the concept of freedom?
4. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
5. Where are these elements first expressed?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)