|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By whom is society transformed?
(a) The middle class.
(b) The slaves.
(c) The upper class.
(d) The lower class.
2. To what preoccupation among citizens does this lead?
(a) Regarding the purchasing of slaves.
(b) Regarding landownership.
(c) Regarding the work of slaves.
(d) Regarding manual labor and working for others.
3. Among the Tupinamba, why does the slave exist?
(a) For protecting the slave master's family.
(b) To be a family member for the slave master.
(c) To provide an income for the slave master.
(d) For the honor and dignity of the slave master.
4. Who either fear being captured and made into slaves, or are already slaves and want release?
5. Which women had more activities outside the home?
(a) The higher up the women are on the social ladder.
(b) Any woman on the social ladder.
(c) The lower down the women are on the social ladder.
(d) Those women in the middle of the social ladder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to debtors at this time?
2. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
3. What would a slave in this culture not have that is necessary to protect and nurture him?
4. Greek drama represents what?
5. How does this chapter examine the role of women in the development of the concept of freedom?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)