|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
(a) Male slaves of the period.
(b) Female slaves of the period.
(c) Female landowners of the period.
(d) Male landowners of the period.
2. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
(a) Exporting of wheat and other produce.
(b) Import of expensive stone and gems.
(c) Import of wheat.
(d) Mining for export and urban crafts.
3. To what can the development of freedom as a social value be traced?
(a) Five revolutions that occurred in Rome between 4 and 7 A.D.
(b) Five revolutions that occurred in Rome between 7 and 4 B.C.
(c) Five revolutions that occurred in Athens between 7 and 4 B.C.
(d) Five revolutions that occurred in Athens between 4 and 7 A.D.
4. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
(a) A social revolution.
(b) An economic revolution.
(c) A political revolution.
(d) A freedom revolution.
5. Athens experiences how many results from the transition to a slave economy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which social classes of women are restricted to their houses with very little social life?
2. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
3. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
4. What are the three elements of freedom called?
5. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)