|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which social classes of women are restricted to their houses with very little social life?
(a) Middle and lower class.
(b) All classes.
(c) Upper and middle class.
(d) Lower and upper class.
2. For what do the slaves yearn?
(a) Love and compassion.
(c) Food and shelter.
(d) Freedom and escape from bondage.
3. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The 100 Years War.
(c) The Peloponnesian War.
(d) The Middle Ages.
4. To what preoccupation among citizens does this lead?
(a) Regarding the purchasing of slaves.
(b) Regarding landownership.
(c) Regarding the work of slaves.
(d) Regarding manual labor and working for others.
5. Of what is Greek drama full?
(a) Strong women commanding leading roles.
(b) Strong women in small roles.
(c) Weak women in small roles.
(d) Weak women in leading roles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
2. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
3. There is a shift in agricultural production away from what into the production of olives, figs, fruits, etc.?
4. Among the Tupinamba, why does the slave exist?
5. What would a slave in this culture not have that is necessary to protect and nurture him?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)