|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the slave in this culture have?
(a) His family.
(b) His mother.
(c) The slave master.
(d) His friends.
2. What happens to debtors at this time?
(a) They are sold into slavery.
(b) They are hanged.
(c) They are protected.
(d) They are exiled.
3. How do societies everywhere regard the inception of freedom as a value?
(a) They are envious of it.
(b) They ignore it.
(c) They resist it.
(d) They encourag it.
4. What does the slave want?
(a) To be loved.
(b) To be given the necessities of survival.
(c) To be free and an equal member of society.
(d) To be given work.
5. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
(a) Import of wheat.
(b) Import of expensive stone and gems.
(c) Exporting of wheat and other produce.
(d) Mining for export and urban crafts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
2. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
3. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
4. Since the slave master's financial welfare depended on the slave, what did he have to do?
5. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)