|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
(a) A political revolution.
(b) A social revolution.
(c) An economic revolution.
(d) A philosophical revolution.
2. Where are these elements first expressed?
(a) In the wedding oration of Perna.
(b) In the feast of Zeus.
(c) In the funeral oration of Pericles.
(d) In the worship of Athena.
3. Who writes the dramas?
(a) Female playwrights.
(b) Poor men.
(c) Male playwrights.
(d) Leaders of the aristocracy.
4. Greek drama represents what?
(a) A time away from real life.
(b) A realistic view of women in society.
(c) A fantasy.
(d) A discourse on values.
5. For whom are the plays?
(a) The upper class.
(b) The lower class.
(c) Male audiences.
(d) Female audiences.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the slave want?
2. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
3. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
4. What delineates the fifth revolution of this period?
5. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)