|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
(a) Modern Athens and Greece.
(b) Ancient Athens and Greece.
(c) Ancient Carthage and Rome.
(d) Ancient Rome and Greece.
2. Greek drama represents what?
(a) A fantasy.
(b) A discourse on values.
(c) A realistic view of women in society.
(d) A time away from real life.
3. Of what is Greek drama full?
(a) Weak women in small roles.
(b) Weak women in leading roles.
(c) Strong women in small roles.
(d) Strong women commanding leading roles.
4. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
(a) A dictatorship.
(b) A democratic republic.
(c) A monarchy.
(d) A kingdom.
5. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
(a) A political revolution.
(b) A social revolution.
(c) An economic revolution.
(d) A philosophical revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the slave in this culture have?
2. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
3. A social reaction between slave, slaveholder and society must take place in order for what to happen?
4. To what does this lead?
5. On what is the nineteenth century Imbangala people of Africa's society based?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)