|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who either fear being captured and made into slaves, or are already slaves and want release?
2. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
(a) The Persians.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Macedonians.
(d) The Mongols.
3. How does this chapter examine the role of women in the development of the concept of freedom?
(a) Using Roman plays.
(b) Using Greek tragedy.
(c) Using German symphonies.
(d) Using French operas.
4. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
(a) They provide the means for the growing Athenian imperialism.
(b) They make medicine for the wealthy Athenians.
(c) They protect them from enemies.
(d) They provide food and supplies.
5. How do societies everywhere regard the inception of freedom as a value?
(a) They ignore it.
(b) They resist it.
(c) They encourag it.
(d) They are envious of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is also a factor contributing to the social conflict of this time?
2. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
3. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
4. On what is the nineteenth century Imbangala people of Africa's society based?
5. Who does this economically benefit?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)