|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would a slave in this culture not have that is necessary to protect and nurture him?
(b) Food and shelter.
(c) The family and friendship structure.
(d) A slave master.
2. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
(a) A freedom revolution.
(b) An economic revolution.
(c) A social and philosophical revolution.
(d) A political revolution.
3. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
(a) An economic revolution.
(b) A social revolution.
(c) A political revolution.
(d) A freedom revolution.
4. Again what does Patterson use to support this point?
(a) French operas.
(b) Greek drama.
(c) Roman plays.
(d) German symphonies.
5. What are the three elements of freedom called?
(a) The Choral trio.
(b) The Chordal triad.
(c) The Corpus triad.
(d) The Cord thrice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
2. What is also a factor contributing to the social conflict of this time?
3. Of what is Greek drama full?
4. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
5. What is an example of a social reform for the abolishment of debt, debt bondage and enslavement for debt?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)