|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
(a) A dictatorship.
(b) A monarchy.
(c) A kingdom.
(d) A democratic republic.
2. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
(a) The 100 Years War.
(b) The Peloponnesian War.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Middle Ages.
3. Who does the slave in this culture have?
(a) The slave master.
(b) His friends.
(c) His mother.
(d) His family.
4. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
(a) Ancient Rome and Greece.
(b) Modern Athens and Greece.
(c) Ancient Athens and Greece.
(d) Ancient Carthage and Rome.
5. Athens experiences how many results from the transition to a slave economy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a second factor have to do with, which Patterson sees as "a strategic class error" (p. 65) because it results in a standard against which things can be measured?
2. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
3. Which social classes of women are restricted to their houses with very little social life?
4. These factors lead to the development of what kind of society?
5. Who did the women confined to home have for company?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)