|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the three elements of freedom called?
(a) The Choral trio.
(b) The Chordal triad.
(c) The Cord thrice.
(d) The Corpus triad.
2. By whom is society transformed?
(a) The slaves.
(b) The middle class.
(c) The upper class.
(d) The lower class.
3. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
(a) He is not intelligent.
(b) He would have family with which to stay.
(c) He does not have a place to go.
(d) The slave master would not have an adequate amount of workers.
4. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
(a) Economically and socially independent of it.
(b) Politically dependent on it.
(c) Economically and socially dependent on it.
(d) Politically independent of it.
5. What would a slave in this culture not have that is necessary to protect and nurture him?
(a) A slave master.
(c) Food and shelter.
(d) The family and friendship structure.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
2. Among the Tupinamba, why does the slave exist?
3. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
4. Athens experiences how many results from the transition to a slave economy?
5. How do societies everywhere regard the inception of freedom as a value?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)