|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
(a) Ancient Athens and Greece.
(b) Ancient Carthage and Rome.
(c) Modern Athens and Greece.
(d) Ancient Rome and Greece.
2. Who writes the dramas?
(a) Male playwrights.
(b) Female playwrights.
(c) Leaders of the aristocracy.
(d) Poor men.
3. Eventually, the differing views of freedom lead to what?
(c) Social conflict and upheaval.
4. Who either fear being captured and made into slaves, or are already slaves and want release?
5. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
(a) They provide food and supplies.
(b) They protect them from enemies.
(c) They make medicine for the wealthy Athenians.
(d) They provide the means for the growing Athenian imperialism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the slave want?
2. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
3. Greek drama represents what?
4. What is an example of a social reform for the abolishment of debt, debt bondage and enslavement for debt?
5. How are the living conditions of many Athenian women?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)