|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do societies everywhere regard the inception of freedom as a value?
(a) They are envious of it.
(b) They resist it.
(c) They ignore it.
(d) They encourag it.
2. For whom are the plays?
(a) Female audiences.
(b) The lower class.
(c) Male audiences.
(d) The upper class.
3. Which of the following statements describes the new class that arises?
(a) It is not dependent on the aristocracy.
(b) It is a new aristocracy.
(c) It is more powerful than the aristocracy.
(d) It is dependent on the aristocracy.
4. Which social classes of women are restricted to their houses with very little social life?
(a) Lower and upper class.
(b) All classes.
(c) Upper and middle class.
(d) Middle and lower class.
5. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
(a) The political revolution.
(b) The freedom revolution.
(c) The economic revolution.
(d) The social revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Greek drama full?
2. How are the living conditions of many Athenian women?
3. Again what does Patterson use to support this point?
4. These factors lead to the development of what kind of society?
5. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)