Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
(a) They protect them from enemies.
(b) They make medicine for the wealthy Athenians.
(c) They provide the means for the growing Athenian imperialism.
(d) They provide food and supplies.
2. How do many in the nobility view the princeps?
(a) As a form of leadership.
(b) As a form of power.
(c) As a form of slavery.
(d) As a form of wealth.
3. Three schools of thought exist among what thinkers?
4. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
(a) A social and philosophical revolution.
(b) A freedom revolution.
(c) A political revolution.
(d) An economic revolution.
5. By medieval times, the character of Europe has become rural __________.
(a) Slave-based societies.
Short Answer Questions
1. This means that there has to be an increase in what?
2. Why do they accept the sovereignal freedom of the emperor?
3. Which of the following statements describes the new class that arises?
4. How do the plebeians view the civic freedom of the upper class?
5. What does a second factor have to do with, which Patterson sees as "a strategic class error" (p. 65) because it results in a standard against which things can be measured?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)