|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
(a) Female slaves of the period.
(b) Male landowners of the period.
(c) Female landowners of the period.
(d) Male slaves of the period.
2. In order to foster productivity, there is also an accompanying increase in what, since this is the only way the society can attain the output it needs to survive?
3. What does this chapter examine?
(a) The role of Greece in the historical development of freedom as a social value.
(b) The role of Rome in the historical development of freedom.
(c) The role of Crete in the development of freedom.
(d) The role of Italy in the historical development of freedom.
4. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
(a) An economic revolution.
(b) A philosophical revolution.
(c) A social revolution.
(d) A political revolution.
5. How does agricultural production shift?
(a) Somewhat away from grain.
(b) Completely away from grain.
(c) Toward grain.
(d) Completely to grain.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is freedom equated?
2. How do the plebeians view the civic freedom of the upper class?
3. The years of the Peloponnesian War bring what to Athens and Greece?
4. On what is Athens now completely dependent?
5. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)