|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The practice of manumission and co-optation means the native born Romans, or the ruling class, are what?
(a) Weaker than the slaves.
(b) Numerically now the majority.
(c) Not as intelligent as the slaves.
(d) Numerically now a minority.
2. What parts of the Roman economy are slave-based?
(b) Both urban and rural.
(c) Neither urban nor rural.
3. With what is freedom equated?
(a) Independence and self-sufficiency.
(b) Dependency and self-sufficiency.
(c) Indepence and solitude.
(d) Solitude and self-sufficiency.
4. How do the plebeians view the civic freedom of the upper class?
(a) As a threat to their own personal freedom.
(b) As something to desire.
(c) As a good compromise to their personal freedom.
(d) As a form of personal freedom.
5. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
(a) The freedom revolution.
(b) The political revolution.
(c) The economic revolution.
(d) The social revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are these elements first expressed?
2. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
3. What school of thought is one of moral introspection, postulating that the soul is trapped inside the body during life and is freed when the body dies.
4. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
5. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)