|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what do plebeians have more faith?
(a) Many minor rulers.
(c) No rulers.
2. When does the speech take place?
(a) During the first year of the 100 Years War.
(b) During the last year of the Peloponnesian War.
(c) During the last year of the Persian War.
(d) During the first year of the Peloponnesian War.
3. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
(a) A dictatorship.
(b) A kingdom.
(c) A democratic republic.
(d) A monarchy.
4. What does this chapter examine?
(a) The role of Rome in the historical development of freedom.
(b) The role of Greece in the historical development of freedom as a social value.
(c) The role of Italy in the historical development of freedom.
(d) The role of Crete in the development of freedom.
5. What parts of the Roman economy are slave-based?
(a) Both urban and rural.
(b) Neither urban nor rural.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom does the majority of the population consist?
2. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
3. What are the three elements of freedom called?
4. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
5. Again what does Patterson use to support this point?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)