|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are these elements first expressed?
(a) In the worship of Athena.
(b) In the feast of Zeus.
(c) In the funeral oration of Pericles.
(d) In the wedding oration of Perna.
2. In order to foster productivity, there is also an accompanying increase in what, since this is the only way the society can attain the output it needs to survive?
3. In what do plebeians have more faith?
(a) No rulers.
(c) Many minor rulers.
4. On what is Athens now completely dependent?
(a) Grain imports.
(b) Grain-based economies.
(c) Food made from grain.
(d) Grain exports.
5. Who either fear being captured and made into slaves, or are already slaves and want release?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
2. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
3. For what do the slaves yearn?
4. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
5. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)