|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What parts of the Roman economy are slave-based?
(c) Neither urban nor rural.
(d) Both urban and rural.
2. This means that there has to be an increase in what?
(a) The slave-master population.
(b) The production of grain.
(c) The number of farms.
(d) The slave population.
3. What delineates the fifth revolution of this period?
(a) Concern with economic freedom.
(b) Concern with freedom as a value.
(c) Concern with social freedom.
(d) Concern with political freedom.
4. With what is freedom equated?
(a) Independence and self-sufficiency.
(b) Dependency and self-sufficiency.
(c) Indepence and solitude.
(d) Solitude and self-sufficiency.
5. What is an outgrowth of Socratic thought in which there is complete personal freedom, both inner and outer?
(a) The Socratic method.
Short Answer Questions
1. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
2. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
3. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
4. Each of the three is concerned with what issue?
5. To what can the development of freedom as a social value be traced?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)