|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
(a) Four Grecian rules.
(b) Four designated periods of interest.
(c) Four city-states.
(d) Four villages.
2. What is an outgrowth of Socratic thought in which there is complete personal freedom, both inner and outer?
(a) The Socratic method.
3. What does this chapter examine?
(a) The role of Italy in the historical development of freedom.
(b) The role of Crete in the development of freedom.
(c) The role of Rome in the historical development of freedom.
(d) The role of Greece in the historical development of freedom as a social value.
4. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
(a) The Peloponnesian War.
(b) The 100 Years War.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Middle Ages.
5. When does the speech take place?
(a) During the first year of the 100 Years War.
(b) During the last year of the Persian War.
(c) During the first year of the Peloponnesian War.
(d) During the last year of the Peloponnesian War.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is freedom equated?
2. The practice of manumission and co-optation means the native born Romans, or the ruling class, are what?
3. How does agricultural production shift?
4. What delineates the fifth revolution of this period?
5. What school of thought is one of moral introspection, postulating that the soul is trapped inside the body during life and is freed when the body dies.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)