|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are many of the proponents of these schools of thought?
(a) The aristocracy.
(b) Slaves or former slaves.
(c) The upper class.
(d) The middle class.
2. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
(a) A monarchy.
(b) A kingdom.
(c) A dictatorship.
(d) A democratic republic.
3. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
(a) Ancient Athens and Greece.
(b) Ancient Rome and Greece.
(c) Modern Athens and Greece.
(d) Ancient Carthage and Rome.
4. Who does this economically benefit?
(a) The middle class Athenians.
(b) Both rich and poor Athenians.
(c) The rich Athenians.
(d) The poor Athenians.
5. Each of the three is concerned with what issue?
(a) The afterlife.
(b) Compassion and compromise.
(c) The slavery-freedom issue.
(d) Death and dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
2. For what do the slaves yearn?
3. Again what does Patterson use to support this point?
4. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
5. In what do plebeians have more faith?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)