|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
(a) Politically dependent on it.
(b) Economically and socially independent of it.
(c) Economically and socially dependent on it.
(d) Politically independent of it.
2. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
(a) The freedom revolution.
(b) The social revolution.
(c) The political revolution.
(d) The economic revolution.
3. On what is there greater reliance to produce the necessary revenues?
(a) The slave-operated grain mills.
(b) The slave-operated grain fields, mills, and shops.
(c) The slave-operated grain fields.
(d) The slave-operated silver mines and urban craft industries.
4. Of whom does the majority of the population consist?
(b) Native Romans.
5. The practice of manumission and co-optation means the native born Romans, or the ruling class, are what?
(a) Numerically now the majority.
(b) Weaker than the slaves.
(c) Numerically now a minority.
(d) Not as intelligent as the slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is freedom equated?
2. What are the three elements of freedom called?
3. In what do plebeians have more faith?
4. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
5. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)