|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Each of the three is concerned with what issue?
(a) Death and dying.
(b) Compassion and compromise.
(c) The slavery-freedom issue.
(d) The afterlife.
2. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
(a) Import of expensive stone and gems.
(b) Mining for export and urban crafts.
(c) Import of wheat.
(d) Exporting of wheat and other produce.
3. This means that there has to be an increase in what?
(a) The slave-master population.
(b) The slave population.
(c) The production of grain.
(d) The number of farms.
4. Why do they accept the sovereignal freedom of the emperor?
(a) He is a kind man.
(b) It poses less of a threat to their own personal freedom than does the civic freedom of the upper class.
(c) He will do what he can to take care of them.
(d) They do not want any other ruler.
5. For what do the slaves yearn?
(a) Food and shelter.
(b) Freedom and escape from bondage.
(c) Love and compassion.
Short Answer Questions
1. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
2. The practice of manumission and co-optation means the native born Romans, or the ruling class, are what?
3. What school of thought is one of moral introspection, postulating that the soul is trapped inside the body during life and is freed when the body dies.
4. Who are many of the proponents of these schools of thought?
5. To what can the development of freedom as a social value be traced?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)