|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What parts of the Roman economy are slave-based?
(a) Both urban and rural.
(c) Neither urban nor rural.
2. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
(a) Politically independent of it.
(b) Politically dependent on it.
(c) Economically and socially dependent on it.
(d) Economically and socially independent of it.
3. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
(a) The political revolution.
(b) The freedom revolution.
(c) The social revolution.
(d) The economic revolution.
4. What is an outgrowth of Socratic thought in which there is complete personal freedom, both inner and outer?
(d) The Socratic method.
5. Who either fear being captured and made into slaves, or are already slaves and want release?
Short Answer Questions
1. The practice of manumission and co-optation means the native born Romans, or the ruling class, are what?
2. Who does this economically benefit?
3. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
4. Who are many of the proponents of these schools of thought?
5. The years of the Peloponnesian War bring what to Athens and Greece?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)