|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an outgrowth of Socratic thought in which there is complete personal freedom, both inner and outer?
(d) The Socratic method.
2. How do the plebeians view the civic freedom of the upper class?
(a) As a form of personal freedom.
(b) As a threat to their own personal freedom.
(c) As a good compromise to their personal freedom.
(d) As something to desire.
3. The practice of manumission and co-optation means the native born Romans, or the ruling class, are what?
(a) Numerically now the majority.
(b) Weaker than the slaves.
(c) Numerically now a minority.
(d) Not as intelligent as the slaves.
4. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
(a) Other Greek city-states.
(b) Other European nations.
5. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
(a) The political revolution.
(b) The social revolution.
(c) The economic revolution.
(d) The freedom revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what is Athens now completely dependent?
2. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
3. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
4. This means that there has to be an increase in what?
5. Again what does Patterson use to support this point?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)