|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to foster productivity, there is also an accompanying increase in what, since this is the only way the society can attain the output it needs to survive?
2. To what can the development of freedom as a social value be traced?
(a) Five revolutions that occurred in Athens between 4 and 7 A.D.
(b) Five revolutions that occurred in Athens between 7 and 4 B.C.
(c) Five revolutions that occurred in Rome between 7 and 4 B.C.
(d) Five revolutions that occurred in Rome between 4 and 7 A.D.
3. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
(a) A monarchy.
(b) A democratic republic.
(c) A kingdom.
(d) A dictatorship.
4. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
(a) Mining for export and urban crafts.
(b) Import of expensive stone and gems.
(c) Import of wheat.
(d) Exporting of wheat and other produce.
5. On what is there greater reliance to produce the necessary revenues?
(a) The slave-operated silver mines and urban craft industries.
(b) The slave-operated grain fields, mills, and shops.
(c) The slave-operated grain fields.
(d) The slave-operated grain mills.
Short Answer Questions
1. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
2. What is an outgrowth of Socratic thought in which there is complete personal freedom, both inner and outer?
3. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
4. On what is Athens now completely dependent?
5. Each of the three is concerned with what issue?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)