|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the plebeians view the civic freedom of the upper class?
(a) As a threat to their own personal freedom.
(b) As a form of personal freedom.
(c) As a good compromise to their personal freedom.
(d) As something to desire.
2. When does the speech take place?
(a) During the last year of the Persian War.
(b) During the first year of the 100 Years War.
(c) During the first year of the Peloponnesian War.
(d) During the last year of the Peloponnesian War.
3. To what can the development of freedom as a social value be traced?
(a) Five revolutions that occurred in Rome between 4 and 7 A.D.
(b) Five revolutions that occurred in Athens between 7 and 4 B.C.
(c) Five revolutions that occurred in Athens between 4 and 7 A.D.
(d) Five revolutions that occurred in Rome between 7 and 4 B.C.
4. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
(a) Ancient Carthage and Rome.
(b) Modern Athens and Greece.
(c) Ancient Rome and Greece.
(d) Ancient Athens and Greece.
5. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
(a) They provide food and supplies.
(b) They make medicine for the wealthy Athenians.
(c) They protect them from enemies.
(d) They provide the means for the growing Athenian imperialism.
Short Answer Questions
1. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
2. What is an outgrowth of Socratic thought in which there is complete personal freedom, both inner and outer?
3. Where are these elements first expressed?
4. What does this chapter examine?
5. In order to foster productivity, there is also an accompanying increase in what, since this is the only way the society can attain the output it needs to survive?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)