|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
(a) They provide food and supplies.
(b) They make medicine for the wealthy Athenians.
(c) They protect them from enemies.
(d) They provide the means for the growing Athenian imperialism.
2. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
(a) A political revolution.
(b) A freedom revolution.
(c) An economic revolution.
(d) A social revolution.
3. Three schools of thought exist among what thinkers?
4. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
(a) Import of expensive stone and gems.
(b) Mining for export and urban crafts.
(c) Import of wheat.
(d) Exporting of wheat and other produce.
5. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
(a) Male landowners of the period.
(b) Female slaves of the period.
(c) Male slaves of the period.
(d) Female landowners of the period.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to foster productivity, there is also an accompanying increase in what, since this is the only way the society can attain the output it needs to survive?
2. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
3. The years of the Peloponnesian War bring what to Athens and Greece?
4. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
5. Why do they accept the sovereignal freedom of the emperor?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)