|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
(a) An economic revolution.
(b) A political revolution.
(c) A social revolution.
(d) A freedom revolution.
2. Who are many of the proponents of these schools of thought?
(a) Slaves or former slaves.
(b) The upper class.
(c) The aristocracy.
(d) The middle class.
3. How do the plebeians view the civic freedom of the upper class?
(a) As something to desire.
(b) As a form of personal freedom.
(c) As a threat to their own personal freedom.
(d) As a good compromise to their personal freedom.
4. What parts of the Roman economy are slave-based?
(c) Neither urban nor rural.
(d) Both urban and rural.
5. Three schools of thought exist among what thinkers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are these elements first expressed?
2. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
3. On what is Athens now completely dependent?
4. Why do they accept the sovereignal freedom of the emperor?
5. The practice of manumission and co-optation means the native born Romans, or the ruling class, are what?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)