|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does agricultural production shift?
(a) Completely away from grain.
(b) Somewhat away from grain.
(c) Toward grain.
(d) Completely to grain.
2. The years of the Peloponnesian War bring what to Athens and Greece?
(b) Only war.
3. The practice of manumission and co-optation means the native born Romans, or the ruling class, are what?
(a) Numerically now the majority.
(b) Weaker than the slaves.
(c) Numerically now a minority.
(d) Not as intelligent as the slaves.
4. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
(b) Other European nations.
(c) Other Greek city-states.
5. What is an outgrowth of Socratic thought in which there is complete personal freedom, both inner and outer?
(a) The Socratic method.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what is there greater reliance to produce the necessary revenues?
2. Again what does Patterson use to support this point?
3. To what can the development of freedom as a social value be traced?
4. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
5. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)