|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who either fear being captured and made into slaves, or are already slaves and want release?
2. When does the speech take place?
(a) During the first year of the 100 Years War.
(b) During the first year of the Peloponnesian War.
(c) During the last year of the Peloponnesian War.
(d) During the last year of the Persian War.
3. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
(a) A political revolution.
(b) An economic revolution.
(c) A social and philosophical revolution.
(d) A freedom revolution.
4. To what can the development of freedom as a social value be traced?
(a) Five revolutions that occurred in Rome between 7 and 4 B.C.
(b) Five revolutions that occurred in Rome between 4 and 7 A.D.
(c) Five revolutions that occurred in Athens between 7 and 4 B.C.
(d) Five revolutions that occurred in Athens between 4 and 7 A.D.
5. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
(a) Politically independent of it.
(b) Economically and socially dependent on it.
(c) Politically dependent on it.
(d) Economically and socially independent of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
2. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
3. With what is freedom equated?
4. Three schools of thought exist among what thinkers?
5. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)