|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
(a) A philosophical revolution.
(b) A social revolution.
(c) An economic revolution.
(d) A political revolution.
2. When does the speech take place?
(a) During the last year of the Persian War.
(b) During the first year of the Peloponnesian War.
(c) During the first year of the 100 Years War.
(d) During the last year of the Peloponnesian War.
3. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
(a) They provide the means for the growing Athenian imperialism.
(b) They provide food and supplies.
(c) They protect them from enemies.
(d) They make medicine for the wealthy Athenians.
4. What is an outgrowth of Socratic thought in which there is complete personal freedom, both inner and outer?
(d) The Socratic method.
5. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
(a) A dictatorship.
(b) A kingdom.
(c) A democratic republic.
(d) A monarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are these elements first expressed?
2. What school of thought is one of moral introspection, postulating that the soul is trapped inside the body during life and is freed when the body dies.
3. Of whom does the majority of the population consist?
4. This means that there has to be an increase in what?
5. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)