|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do the slaves yearn?
(b) Food and shelter.
(c) Freedom and escape from bondage.
(d) Love and compassion.
2. Each of the three is concerned with what issue?
(a) Compassion and compromise.
(b) Death and dying.
(c) The slavery-freedom issue.
(d) The afterlife.
3. When does the speech take place?
(a) During the last year of the Peloponnesian War.
(b) During the first year of the Peloponnesian War.
(c) During the first year of the 100 Years War.
(d) During the last year of the Persian War.
4. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
(a) Economically and socially independent of it.
(b) Economically and socially dependent on it.
(c) Politically dependent on it.
(d) Politically independent of it.
5. What are the three elements of freedom called?
(a) The Cord thrice.
(b) The Choral trio.
(c) The Chordal triad.
(d) The Corpus triad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are these elements first expressed?
2. Three schools of thought exist among what thinkers?
3. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
4. On what is there greater reliance to produce the necessary revenues?
5. The practice of manumission and co-optation means the native born Romans, or the ruling class, are what?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)