|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do his ideas provide?
(a) What is needed at the time for Christianity to be accepted.
(b) A belief of love and compassion.
(c) A reason for intellectuals to have faith.
(d) What the upper class need from Christianity.
2. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
(a) They protect them from enemies.
(b) They provide food and supplies.
(c) They make medicine for the wealthy Athenians.
(d) They provide the means for the growing Athenian imperialism.
3. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
(a) Other European nations.
(d) Other Greek city-states.
4. Where are these elements first expressed?
(a) In the funeral oration of Pericles.
(b) In the wedding oration of Perna.
(c) In the feast of Zeus.
(d) In the worship of Athena.
5. What are the three elements of freedom called?
(a) The Cord thrice.
(b) The Chordal triad.
(c) The Choral trio.
(d) The Corpus triad.
Short Answer Questions
1. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
2. The second conflict takes place between 340-266 A.D., resulting in what?
3. The third involves the restructuring of Italian what?
4. From what does the development of the concept of freedom in Rome result?
5. Again what does Patterson use to support this point?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)