|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
(a) Ancient Carthage and Rome.
(b) Ancient Athens and Greece.
(c) Ancient Rome and Greece.
(d) Modern Athens and Greece.
2. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
(a) A kingdom.
(b) A democratic republic.
(c) A monarchy.
(d) A dictatorship.
3. What are slaves seeking and finding in Christianity?
(a) Food and shelter.
(c) Freedom and escape from bondage.
4. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
(b) Other Greek city-states.
(d) Other European nations.
5. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
(a) The Peloponnesian War.
(b) The Middle Ages.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The 100 Years War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the greatest conversion rates?
2. For what do the slaves yearn?
3. How is Rome similar to Greece?
4. Where are these elements first expressed?
5. On what is the focus of this chapter?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)