|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom do the patricians conflict?
(a) The pueblos.
(b) The euclids.
(c) The plebeians.
(d) The metics.
2. On what is the focus of this chapter?
(a) Peter and his relationship with Christ.
(b) John and his role in shaping Christianity.
(c) Mark and Luke's life after Jesus' death.
(d) Paul and his role in shaping Christianity.
3. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
(a) Modern Athens and Greece.
(b) Ancient Carthage and Rome.
(c) Ancient Athens and Greece.
(d) Ancient Rome and Greece.
4. Again what does Patterson use to support this point?
(a) Greek drama.
(b) German symphonies.
(c) Roman plays.
(d) French operas.
5. Where are these elements first expressed?
(a) In the funeral oration of Pericles.
(b) In the worship of Athena.
(c) In the wedding oration of Perna.
(d) In the feast of Zeus.
Short Answer Questions
1. The third involves the restructuring of Italian what?
2. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
3. From what does the development of the concept of freedom in Rome result?
4. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
5. As what do his views become known?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)