|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
(a) They provide the means for the growing Athenian imperialism.
(b) They protect them from enemies.
(c) They provide food and supplies.
(d) They make medicine for the wealthy Athenians.
2. Whose thinking basically molds the early church and shapes generations of theological thinkers?
3. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
(a) The Persians.
(b) The Mongols.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Macedonians.
4. What are slaves seeking and finding in Christianity?
(b) Food and shelter.
(d) Freedom and escape from bondage.
5. What do his ideas provide?
(a) A reason for intellectuals to have faith.
(b) What the upper class need from Christianity.
(c) A belief of love and compassion.
(d) What is needed at the time for Christianity to be accepted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are these elements first expressed?
2. What are the three elements of freedom called?
3. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
4. From what does the development of the concept of freedom in Rome result?
5. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)