|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
(a) The Middle Ages.
(b) The Peloponnesian War.
(c) The 100 Years War.
(d) The Renaissance.
2. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
(a) A democratic republic.
(b) A kingdom.
(c) A monarchy.
(d) A dictatorship.
3. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
(a) Other European nations.
(d) Other Greek city-states.
4. Where are the greatest conversion rates?
(a) In regions where slavery predominates.
(b) In upper class societies.
(c) Among the Hellenic thinkers.
(d) In middle class societies.
5. What are slaves seeking and finding in Christianity?
(a) Food and shelter.
(b) Freedom and escape from bondage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does this economically benefit?
2. What are the three elements of freedom called?
3. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
4. How is Rome similar to Greece?
5. For what do the slaves yearn?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)