|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do the slaves yearn?
(b) Love and compassion.
(c) Food and shelter.
(d) Freedom and escape from bondage.
2. Again what does Patterson use to support this point?
(a) Roman plays.
(b) French operas.
(c) Greek drama.
(d) German symphonies.
3. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
(a) Ancient Carthage and Rome.
(b) Ancient Rome and Greece.
(c) Modern Athens and Greece.
(d) Ancient Athens and Greece.
4. With whom do the patricians conflict?
(a) The plebeians.
(b) The euclids.
(c) The metics.
(d) The pueblos.
5. Who does this economically benefit?
(a) The middle class Athenians.
(b) The poor Athenians.
(c) Both rich and poor Athenians.
(d) The rich Athenians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose thinking basically molds the early church and shapes generations of theological thinkers?
2. The second conflict takes place between 340-266 A.D., resulting in what?
3. As what do his views become known?
4. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
5. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)