|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The second conflict takes place between 340-266 A.D., resulting in what?
(a) Rome growing and expanding to become Greece.
(b) Rome growing and expanding to become Italy.
(c) Rome being taken over by the Greeks.
(d) Rome shrinking and consolidating.
2. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
(a) The Middle Ages.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The Peloponnesian War.
(d) The 100 Years War.
3. When does the speech take place?
(a) During the last year of the Persian War.
(b) During the last year of the Peloponnesian War.
(c) During the first year of the 100 Years War.
(d) During the first year of the Peloponnesian War.
4. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
(a) They provide the means for the growing Athenian imperialism.
(b) They protect them from enemies.
(c) They provide food and supplies.
(d) They make medicine for the wealthy Athenians.
5. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
(b) Other European nations.
(c) Other Greek city-states.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are these elements first expressed?
2. For what do the slaves yearn?
3. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
4. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
5. How is this conflict referred?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)