1. Preoccupation with freedom is predominately a _____________ concept.
2. According to Patterson, what are the three components of freedom?
(a) Formal, informal, and community.
(b) Personal, sovereignal, and civic.
(c) Individual, unique, and social.
(d) Ruler, kingdom, and peasant.
3. With _____________ freedom, the individual is not dominated by another human.
4. _________________ freedom more or less defines the slave-slave master relationship.
5. In this type of freedom, an individual can do what he wants without the constraint of what?
(a) His own wishes.
(b) The wishes of others.
(c) Having to pay for it.
(d) Any choice.
6. Freedom is relative in that the more freedom one individual has, the ______ freedom another has.
7. The third component is the ________ component, where individuals have the freedom to participate in the community and its governance, with their rights and obligations defined.
This section contains 4,813 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)