|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is no rule written in stone about how much a person should work, rather, it all depends on the person's ________.
2. Solitude is a great thing when you want to solve a problem or master a ____________, according to the author.
3. Memory is an important part of every culture and is required to move ahead in any ___________ system.
4. The world is a hostile place when a person does not have any ________, according to the author.
5. Many children were born to carry on a _____________ or to serve a parent's biological need for children.
(a) Family name.
(b) Royal bloodline.
(c) Spiritual quest.
Short Answer Questions
1. The second group of people who are faced with stress tend to ______________ when faced with it.
2. Some even choose to live in areas that are so remote that ___________ are a scarce commodity to enjoy.
3. Changing another person is virtually ____________, so many programs teach people to change their reactions instead.
4. Some people have learned to control the ___________ in such a way that lining the optimal experience become a reality.
5. Solitude can also be __________ when one is forced into the situation and not given a choice in the matter.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is certainly responsible for causing grief and trouble in one's life, according to the book?
2. Despite all that has been determined about happiness, what do some people believe are the only things needed for happiness?
3. What can the use of one's memory help a person do in his life?
4. What does striving for flow seem like for a person who is having trouble making ends meet in his life?
5. What is the one most complex and rewarding relationships one will ever deal with?
6. What used to be the reason for people to get married to each other, though the reasons have changed today?
7. What did Sigmund Freud have to say about the recipe for happiness; what it includes in his opinion?
8. Why might turning down a promotion to a higher paying job be a better idea for some?
9. What happens to those people in a society who are shunned and taken out of the community where they live?
10. What does the author want to point out that few people realize about the mind and how to control it?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)