|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that the final analysis of the _________ order of the consciousness is incomplete and that it requires further study.
2. How many factors are necessary in order to assure that a child will have an optimum experience?
3. __________ through life is fine for some, according to the author, and it can be valid for their experiences.
4. One large obstacle to joy and the feeling of fulfillment is the act of feeling ______________ during one's life.
5. Consciousness will always allow random thoughts and events to creep in, even if one is currently ______________.
(a) Engaged in another task.
Short Answer Questions
1. Consciousness also allows a person to determine happiness or misery despite _______________.
2. One can almost experience flow before a ____________ event because of the love of the art.
3. The author asks the reader to put aside the thought that ___________ can bring happiness to a person.
4. Flow is less likely to occur when a cultural aspect does not match a person's ________ in life.
5. What is NOT one of the areas that the author cites has having altered the course of during the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does psychic entropy occur, according to the author when speaking of the presence of self?
2. How are people's perceptions affected, according to the author of this book?
3. What does the author say goes hand in hand with many things that are enjoyable?
4. What is the difference between pleasure and enjoyment, according to the author of the book?
5. What are the conditions in which flow can be experienced, according to the author at the start of the chapter?
6. What are some of the ways in which people find happiness, according to the author in the book?
7. What are the five key factors that can assure that a child may have an optimum experience in his life?
8. Why does the author believe that we are limited in experiencing complete joy?
9. What does it mean when an event escapes a person's consciousness, according to the author?
10. What might happen if a person were to burst into an office demanding answers as to why they got passed over for a promotion?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)