|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flow is less likely to occur when a cultural aspect does not match a person's ________ in life.
2. Merging action with __________ also can increase flow, as in the case of physical activity, according to the author.
3. The author states that the ______________ is a large part of the idea of human consciousness, containing all that a person has seen.
4. What is NOT one of the ways in which a person might find happiness, according to the author of the book?
5. The _________ experience can be created by a person and the proof is seen in times when a person feels in control of their actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes that flow may have a ___________ component, coming from the parents to the children.
2. One large obstacle to joy and the feeling of fulfillment is the act of feeling ______________ during one's life.
3. For many reasons, the idea of psychic entropy is the direct opposite of optimal __________, according to the author.
4. Many people believe they are meant to be _____________ or they are not - no wiggle room between sides.
5. Happiness can also be a/an __________ side effect of living a life dedicated to one's purpose.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is consciousness, according to the author, causing it to seem less like a mystical thing?
2. What might happen if a person were to burst into an office demanding answers as to why they got passed over for a promotion?
3. Since it is not necessarily the events in one's life that cause happiness, what does the author propose causes the happiness around events?
4. How are people's perceptions affected, according to the author of this book?
5. What does it mean when an event escapes a person's consciousness, according to the author?
6. What can the idea of flow teach a person to do in relation to his life and happiness?
7. What are the five key factors that can assure that a child may have an optimum experience in his life?
8. What is a person able to do as a result of having a consciousness, according to the author?
9. What does Csikszentmihalyi mean when he talks about the idea of an autotelic person?
10. What does the author say goes hand in hand with many things that are enjoyable?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)