|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that flow may have a ___________ component, coming from the parents to the children.
2. _______ is another physical activity which relies on the rhythmic movement to produce flow.
3. The self is often related to the __________, although this is a small part of the whole, according to the author.
4. The question of what is ____________ is the one question that modern poets, philosophers, and psychologists can't seem to answer.
5. Happiness can be found when the result of certain events meet or exceed _____________ of the person in the situation.
6. For many reasons, the idea of psychic entropy is the direct opposite of optimal __________, according to the author.
7. One must also change one's ___________ to external conditions in order to change the course of one's life.
8. It is important to realize that many challenges are actually comprise of the practice of exercising ___________.
9. The author believes it is nearly impossible to put a ___________ on the culture's effect on its people.
(a) Price tag.
10. In a culture where dancing is not permitted, the situation will require a change in order for the dancer to feel ___________.
(c) A part of the group.
11. _________ increases as people age, according to the book, so people become more willing to ask what their life is about.
12. Being able to expand the consciousness infinitely would render humans __________, according to the author.
13. A man who ________ may put himself into hot water and alienate a boss, causing him to have a lesser chance of getting a promotion.
14. The author points out that there are events in one's life which may escape a person's _________________.
(a) Bank account.
15. Some are driven by ___________ and a sense of purpose, rather than the accumulation of wealth or public achievement.
Short Answer Questions
1. An event that conflicts with the self can wreak havoc until the ________ accepts or rejects appropriate behaviors and attitudes.
2. One can almost experience flow before a ____________ event because of the love of the art.
3. Through experience, the self will be able to build and to recognize a hierarchy of _________ for life.
4. The _________ experience can be created by a person and the proof is seen in times when a person feels in control of their actions.
5. Contrary to popular belief, consciousness is not a ___________ thing, according to the author's findings.
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)