|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Happiness can also be a/an __________ side effect of living a life dedicated to one's purpose.
2. Flow can actually occur in a variety of ways. Flow can be completely _______________ or it can be structured.
3. Many believe that the excitement of the challenge comes from _____________ of a particular situation.
(a) Being in control.
(b) The challenge.
(c) The audience.
(d) The goals.
4. One large obstacle to joy and the feeling of fulfillment is the act of feeling ______________ during one's life.
5. There will be times in our lives when an event that is completely _____________ will bring us tremendous joy.
6. Happiness can be found when the result of certain events meet or exceed _____________ of the person in the situation.
7. Merging action with __________ also can increase flow, as in the case of physical activity, according to the author.
8. The question of what is ____________ is the one question that modern poets, philosophers, and psychologists can't seem to answer.
9. Without consciousness, the author says, humans would only be able to _________ instinctively to all circumstances.
10. Some are driven by ___________ and a sense of purpose, rather than the accumulation of wealth or public achievement.
11. The self is often related to the __________, although this is a small part of the whole, according to the author.
12. For many reasons, the idea of psychic entropy is the direct opposite of optimal __________, according to the author.
13. In a culture where dancing is not permitted, the situation will require a change in order for the dancer to feel ___________.
(a) A part of the group.
14. While having a/an ____________________ is possible at any given moment, flow tends to occur more in a structured atmosphere.
(b) Optimal moment.
(c) Open session.
(d) Success story.
15. In a structured atmosphere, it is possible and easier to measure optimal experience through a _______________.
(a) Reward system.
(c) Planned activity.
Short Answer Questions
1. When events or information clashes with a person's sense of self, then _____________ entropy can occur.
2. Pleasure may arise from a _____________, while enjoyment comes from a windfall at a casino.
3. The author points out that there are events in one's life which may escape a person's _________________.
4. You need to change your _________ conditions in order to improve the quality of your life, according to the author.
5. _______ is another physical activity which relies on the rhythmic movement to produce flow.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)