|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that flow may have a ___________ component, coming from the parents to the children.
2. Without consciousness, the author says, humans would only be able to _________ instinctively to all circumstances.
3. A rock climber's _________ can change when they feel an unusual rock as they are ascending a mountain.
4. One must ask how these expectations of one's future are formed and realize that the outcome is a _______________ experience.
5. __________ through life is fine for some, according to the author, and it can be valid for their experiences.
6. The question of what is ____________ is the one question that modern poets, philosophers, and psychologists can't seem to answer.
7. There will be times in our lives when an event that is completely _____________ will bring us tremendous joy.
8. It is important to realize that many challenges are actually comprise of the practice of exercising ___________.
9. In order to understand the idea of flow, a person needs to be aware of the __________ to personal fulfillment.
10. One must also change one's ___________ to external conditions in order to change the course of one's life.
11. While one can not be in control of the mountain, one can _____________ the mountain and feel great joy doing so.
(c) Believe in.
12. Consciousness will always allow random thoughts and events to creep in, even if one is currently ______________.
(c) Engaged in another task.
13. What is not listed as one of the obstacles that can prevent a naturally driven person from reaching their goals?
(a) Excessive self-consciousness.
(b) Inability to concentrate.
(c) Family concern for well-being.
(d) Over inclusion.
14. Some philosophies state that outside forces that affect us are largely outside of us, which causes our lives to be ____________ and out of our control.
15. A man who ________ may put himself into hot water and alienate a boss, causing him to have a lesser chance of getting a promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ increases as people age, according to the book, so people become more willing to ask what their life is about.
2. The nature of our nervous system requires the mind to take each event as it is happening and put it into __________.
3. What is the first reaction of the manager who has been passed over for a promotion in the company, in the author's example?
4. For many reasons, the idea of psychic entropy is the direct opposite of optimal __________, according to the author.
5. Another condition of flow is how the __________ affects a person's goals and desires for their lives.
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)