|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pleasure may arise from a _____________, while enjoyment comes from a windfall at a casino.
(a) Well-planned meal.
(b) Tax refund.
(c) Spiritual experience.
(d) Lottery ticket.
2. _______ is another physical activity which relies on the rhythmic movement to produce flow.
3. When events or information clashes with a person's sense of self, then _____________ entropy can occur.
4. Pleasure is the realization of ___________, while enjoyment is the situation when goals are exceeded, according to the author.
(a) Goals met.
5. An event that conflicts with the self can wreak havoc until the ________ accepts or rejects appropriate behaviors and attitudes.
(d) Inner child.
6. The _________ experience can be created by a person and the proof is seen in times when a person feels in control of their actions.
7. What does the author seem to believe is not actually something that exists in the world?
(c) Religious zealotry.
8. A man who ________ may put himself into hot water and alienate a boss, causing him to have a lesser chance of getting a promotion.
9. ________ can teach a person how to exert the control and thereby steer the consciousness in the direction of joy and harmony.
10. __________ through life is fine for some, according to the author, and it can be valid for their experiences.
11. Once one can process the conflicting behaviors and information, then things can return to __________ for the person.
(c) Higher consciousness.
12. You need to change your _________ conditions in order to improve the quality of your life, according to the author.
13. The author believes that happiness is not an elusive goal, that it can be achieved through the control of ________________.
14. One large obstacle to joy and the feeling of fulfillment is the act of feeling ______________ during one's life.
15. The author reminds the readers that __________ is a great contributor to the achievement of flow.
(b) Physical activity.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes it is easy to differentiate between ____________ and enjoyment, though the two are closely related.
2. In our everyday lives, we are limited to experiencing complete _________ because of our preconceived notions about life.
3. Most fakirs and practitioners of other mental disciplines do not hold up to ______________.
4. How many strategies does the author provide for improving the quality of life?
5. What is the name that the author has coined for people who are internally driven to find flow in their lives?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)