|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flow is less likely to occur when a cultural aspect does not match a person's ________ in life.
2. A man who ________ may put himself into hot water and alienate a boss, causing him to have a lesser chance of getting a promotion.
3. The author believes that without _____________, one can not measure success and thus enjoyment will not be complete.
4. The nature of our nervous system requires the mind to take each event as it is happening and put it into __________.
(b) A book.
(c) A box.
(d) A memory.
5. The author believes it is nearly impossible to put a ___________ on the culture's effect on its people.
(d) Price tag.
6. ________ can teach a person how to exert the control and thereby steer the consciousness in the direction of joy and harmony.
7. Once one can process the conflicting behaviors and information, then things can return to __________ for the person.
(b) Higher consciousness.
8. The concept of the Flow is a state in which one is so immersed in something that nothing else _________________.
(a) Can measure up.
(b) Will make them smile.
(c) Will ever be the same.
(d) Seems to matter.
9. Pleasure is the realization of ___________, while enjoyment is the situation when goals are exceeded, according to the author.
(b) Goals met.
10. The author believes that the final analysis of the _________ order of the consciousness is incomplete and that it requires further study.
11. In order to understand the idea of flow, a person needs to be aware of the __________ to personal fulfillment.
12. Without consciousness, the author says, humans would only be able to _________ instinctively to all circumstances.
13. Consciousness also allows a person to determine happiness or misery despite _______________.
(a) Religious upbringing.
(c) Outside influences.
(d) Government rules and regulations.
14. Consciousness will always allow random thoughts and events to creep in, even if one is currently ______________.
(a) Engaged in another task.
15. What is the name that the author has coined for people who are internally driven to find flow in their lives?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes that happiness is not an elusive goal, that it can be achieved through the control of ________________.
2. Some are driven by ___________ and a sense of purpose, rather than the accumulation of wealth or public achievement.
3. It is true that there will always be external forces that demand our _____________ and cause stress in our lives.
4. What is the first reaction of the manager who has been passed over for a promotion in the company, in the author's example?
5. In the end, a man may be passed over for a promotion because he is more qualified in a certain __________.
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)