|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While having a/an ____________________ is possible at any given moment, flow tends to occur more in a structured atmosphere.
(a) Success story.
(b) Optimal moment.
(c) Open session.
2. The author states that the ______________ is a large part of the idea of human consciousness, containing all that a person has seen.
3. A large portion of enjoyable acts are those which often involve __________ as well.
(b) A challenge.
4. Others may see and perceive the information about a person's consciousness, but it will never be the same as the persons' s view of ________.
5. Setting goals and receiving __________ feedback are crucial elements to achieving enjoyment, according to the author.
6. In many cases, an event may be noticed, but not ____________, according to the author.
7. The author believes that flow may have a ___________ component, coming from the parents to the children.
8. Once one can process the conflicting behaviors and information, then things can return to __________ for the person.
(c) Higher consciousness.
9. In order to understand the idea of flow, a person needs to be aware of the __________ to personal fulfillment.
10. ____________ has been a focus of human philosophy since the time of Aristotle.
11. How many factors are necessary in order to assure that a child will have an optimum experience?
12. Consciousness will always allow random thoughts and events to creep in, even if one is currently ______________.
(d) Engaged in another task.
13. When there is no real sense of self within a person because of the outside distractions, that person is said to be ______________.
(a) A sheep.
(d) A zombie.
14. What would be the result if the mind did not attempt to put the experiences it has in some sort of order?
(d) Psychotic break.
15. When the man is trying to find out why he got passed over for the job, what is the first reaction the author says he could have?
(a) Take control and argue his position.
(b) Ask questions about his performance.
(c) Change his attitude.
(d) Accept the outcome of the promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is true that there will always be external forces that demand our _____________ and cause stress in our lives.
2. One must also change one's ___________ to external conditions in order to change the course of one's life.
3. What does the author seem to believe is not actually something that exists in the world?
4. Flow is less likely to occur when a cultural aspect does not match a person's ________ in life.
5. One large obstacle to joy and the feeling of fulfillment is the act of feeling ______________ during one's life.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)