|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Cheating Chaos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to understand the idea of flow, a person needs to be aware of the __________ to personal fulfillment.
2. Consciousness will always allow random thoughts and events to creep in, even if one is currently ______________.
(a) Engaged in another task.
3. The author points out that there are events in one's life which may escape a person's _________________.
(a) Bank account.
4. The act of doing a job that one loves while incorporating ____________ would almost guarantee a sense of flow.
(a) Skills and goals.
(b) Help from willing partners.
5. Solitude is a great thing when you want to solve a problem or master a ____________, according to the author.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would be the result if the mind did not attempt to put the experiences it has in some sort of order?
2. The definition of happiness, according to the author, doesn't really matter in the big _________.
3. No matter what happens in life, many experts do believe that people are able to adjust and eventually will be able to find _________ once more.
4. The author believes that flow may have a ___________ component, coming from the parents to the children.
5. The question of what is ____________ is the one question that modern poets, philosophers, and psychologists can't seem to answer.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)