|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Enjoying Solitude and Other People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If memory were not a part of these past cultures, then the __________ nature of many of these cultures would have been lost.
2. How many strategies does the author provide for improving the quality of life?
3. While talking about the passed over promotion may not yield any benefits, it can create a more ____________ work environment.
4. The author questions whether every minute of one's television watching was ____________ in the way it was meant to be.
5. Memory is an important part of every culture and is required to move ahead in any ___________ system.
Short Answer Questions
1. To have happiness, to find _________, one must realize that changing one's reactions is simpler and more effective.
2. Some even choose to live in areas that are so remote that ___________ are a scarce commodity to enjoy.
3. Many believe that the excitement of the challenge comes from _____________ of a particular situation.
4. Daydreaming may take focus from the task at hand, it can encourage the dreamer to strengthen mental pursuits and expand the __________.
5. There was a time when people were parts of a family because the ______________ required it.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)