|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Enjoying Solitude and Other People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While one can not be in control of the mountain, one can _____________ the mountain and feel great joy doing so.
(a) Believe in.
2. ___________ are a crucial way to develop social skills outside of the family unit, according to the author.
(b) Romantic relationships.
3. A man who ________ may put himself into hot water and alienate a boss, causing him to have a lesser chance of getting a promotion.
4. One large obstacle to joy and the feeling of fulfillment is the act of feeling ______________ during one's life.
5. For some people, __________ is a key factor in their happiness and in achieving their state of flow.
(b) A bomb shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. A more compelling way to occupy the mind is to ____________, according to the author.
2. The author questions whether every minute of one's television watching was ____________ in the way it was meant to be.
3. Solitude is a great thing when you want to solve a problem or master a ____________, according to the author.
4. A large portion of enjoyable acts are those which often involve __________ as well.
5. Many children were born to carry on a _____________ or to serve a parent's biological need for children.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)