Chapter 1: The Dome of Heaven
1. What refers to the region of city-states in ancient Mesopotamia?
2. What ancient people thought of the sky as a canopy supported by the mountains, according to the author in Chapter 1: "The Dome of Heaven"?
(a) The Lemurians.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Egyptians.
(d) The Romans.
3. Practical reasons for learning about the stars and their movement included what in ancient times, according to the author in Chapter 1: "The Dome of Heaven"?
(a) Estimating the population.
(b) Determining religious history.
(c) Predicting the future.
(d) Timekeeping and navigation.
4. In what country is Stonehenge located?
5. The Great Pyramid of Giza was aligned to what, according to the author in Chapter 1: "The Dome of Heaven"?
(a) A star.
(c) The moon.
6. What refers to motion in the direction opposite to the movement of something else, and is the contrary of direct or prograde motion?
(b) Retrograde motion.
This section contains 4,029 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)