|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women take and put on from the basket of the Chaperone?
2. What does the Nun tell the Girl to close her eyes and pores to?
3. What does Catch Woman 3 say is a very powerful weapon?
4. What does Daughter 2 tell the Mother?
5. Who do the Catch Women address?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the tragic and comic elements of Beautiful Senoritas. Which characters embody tragedy and which reflect the comedy? How is Prida's use of comedy useful to expressing the messages in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Irony as a literary device in Beautiful Senoritas. What are the three types of irony? What are examples of each within the play? What does this device illuminate in terms of theme?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the term "Nonlinear Narrative." What does this mean? How does the play embody this style? Why has the playwright chosen this way of presenting the story?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)