Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Such metaphysics. Women should not worry about philosophical matters. That's for men"?
2. Who won't let the Girl dance with the Man?
3. Who says, "I don't live for myself. I live for my husband and my children. A woman's work is never done"?
4. What do the women take and put on from the basket of the Chaperone?
5. What does Daughter 2 tell the Mother?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Machismo" or "Patriarchy." How does Prida portray this theme through the play? Which characters embody machismo characteristics?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Complicity" in Beautiful Senoritas. What does this word mean? How are the characters complicit in the play? Why? How do they feel about their roles in society?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the tragic and comic elements of Beautiful Senoritas. Which characters embody tragedy and which reflect the comedy? How is Prida's use of comedy useful to expressing the messages in the play?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)