|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Guerrillera and Women's song, who will sweep the floor?
2. What does the Nun say that a woman must be?
3. What does the Nun strike the Girl with?
4. Who "catches" the Man and exits with him of the Catch Women?
5. What is the name of the song the Man sings while the Catch Women dance around him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Stereotype" in Beautiful Senoritas. How does Prida choose to present this theme? Which characters are embodiments of stereotypes? How is this illuminated? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tragic and comic elements of Beautiful Senoritas. Which characters embody tragedy and which reflect the comedy? How is Prida's use of comedy useful to expressing the messages in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the term "Nonlinear Narrative." What does this mean? How does the play embody this style? Why has the playwright chosen this way of presenting the story?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)