|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women take and put on from the basket of the Chaperone?
2. How do the women go in the song of the Senoritas in Act 2?
3. Who enters and orders the women to stop lamenting in the Martyr scene?
4. Why does Martyr 2 hold her side in pain?
5. What does Catch Woman 3 say is a very powerful weapon?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Machismo" or "Patriarchy." How does Prida portray this theme through the play? Which characters embody machismo characteristics?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the term "Postmodernism" and how this applies to Beautiful Senoritas. What are examples from the play that are characteristic of postmodern drama and literature?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the tragic and comic elements of Beautiful Senoritas. Which characters embody tragedy and which reflect the comedy? How is Prida's use of comedy useful to expressing the messages in the play?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)