|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the women go in the song of the Senoritas in Act 2?
2. Who says, "I don't live for myself. I live for my husband and my children. A woman's work is never done"?
3. What does the Daughter say the tree is full of to her Mother?
4. What does Rosa do in the song sung by the Senoritas in Act 2?
5. What does the Man give to the Senoritas in the dance scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the disparity of gender roles and expectations presented in the play. How are these exemplified in the text? In which scenes? Which characters are representative of these inequalities?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Nature versus Nurture" in the play. What is the definition of this phrase? How is this explored in Beautiful Senoritas? What is the playwright's message regarding this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of symbolism and motif in the play. Define these terms and give examples of each within the text. What is the primary motif used in Beautiful Senoritas? How are these symbols and motifs used to illuminate the themes?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)