|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is name of the woman who jumps in the song sung by the Senoritas in Act 2?
2. What does the "light in her eyes" symbolize in the Martyr scene?
3. Who does Senorita 3 say the Man said the same things to?
4. What do the women transform into after "The Wedding Song"?
5. What does Catch Woman 3 drop as she walks away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the term "Objectification." How does Beautiful Women exemplify the objectification of women? What scenes in the play present this objectification?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of Allegory. What characteristics of Beautiful Senoritas are reflective of Allegory? Who do the characters represent? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of music in the play. How and why is music implemented? What do the characters relate regarding music and their culture? What is the style of the music?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)