|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who "catches" the Man and exits with him of the Catch Women?
2. What does Daughter 2 tell the Mother?
3. What does the Guerrillera say there will be tonight?
4. What does the Daughter say the tree is full of to her Mother?
5. Who says, "Honey, don't you think nuclear disarmament is our only hope for survival"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the ways in which the characters break the fourth wall. What does this phrase mean? What effect does this produce? Why do characters in the play break from the action?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the term "Objectification." How does Beautiful Women exemplify the objectification of women? What scenes in the play present this objectification?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the elements of the play that relate to Latino culture in particular as a patriarchal society, as opposed to North American culture. What differences in Latino culture make it more difficult for women to achieve equality? How is this presented in the play?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)