|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Man wear in the dance scene?
2. What does the Girl pick up from the floor after the Catch Women exit?
3. Who does the MC announce as the winner of the pageant?
4. What does the Nun tell the Girl to close her eyes and pores to?
5. Who does the woman on the swing leave with?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of music in the play. How and why is music implemented? What do the characters relate regarding music and their culture? What is the style of the music?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the elements of the play that relate to Latino culture in particular as a patriarchal society, as opposed to North American culture. What differences in Latino culture make it more difficult for women to achieve equality? How is this presented in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the stylistic components of Beautiful Senoritas. Define the terms Satire and Farce in your answer and give examples of each in the play. What other stylistic elements have been discussed in the class? How do these apply to the text?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)