|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies the Girl at the dance scene?
2. What does Catch Woman 3 give to the Man?
3. Who says, "I look for myself and I can't find me. I only find someone else's idea of me"?
4. Who does Martyr 3 say "never worried about forced sterilization or torture in Argentina or minimum wages"?
5. What does the Girl pick up from the floor after the Catch Women exit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of Pop Culture in Beautiful Senoritas. What forms of Pop Culture are represented in the play? What is their purpose? How do these reflect the themes of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of symbolism and motif in the play. Define these terms and give examples of each within the text. What is the primary motif used in Beautiful Senoritas? How are these symbols and motifs used to illuminate the themes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the stylistic components of Beautiful Senoritas. Define the terms Satire and Farce in your answer and give examples of each in the play. What other stylistic elements have been discussed in the class? How do these apply to the text?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)