|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song plays as the Girl and the Daughter enter in Act 2?
2. What does the Father tell the Daughter when she asks to go out?
3. What does the Guerrillera say they must do before the revolt?
4. What does Rosa do in the song sung by the Senoritas in Act 2?
5. What does the Girl pick up from the floor after the Catch Women exit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of music in the play. How and why is music implemented? What do the characters relate regarding music and their culture? What is the style of the music?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting and characters in Beautiful Senoritas. Why is the staging designed as it is? What freedom does this permit the actors? What is the meaning of the lack of character names? What effect does this have? How does it relate to the themes of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the disparity of gender roles and expectations presented in the play. How are these exemplified in the text? In which scenes? Which characters are representative of these inequalities?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)