|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Researcher introduce herself as to the Man?
2. Who accompanies the Girl at the dance scene?
3. What happens to the Nun at the end of the church scene?
4. What does the Son tell the Mother about his girlfriend?
5. What does Mother say about being a woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the term "Objectification." How does Beautiful Women exemplify the objectification of women? What scenes in the play present this objectification?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the elements of the play that relate to Latino culture in particular as a patriarchal society, as opposed to North American culture. What differences in Latino culture make it more difficult for women to achieve equality? How is this presented in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of Allegory. What characteristics of Beautiful Senoritas are reflective of Allegory? Who do the characters represent? Why?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)