|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Senoritas and the Nun do after Senorita 2 says she did it "all the way"?
2. According to the MC, what have the pageant contestants given?
3. Who does the woman on the swing leave with?
4. Who enters and orders the women to stop lamenting in the Martyr scene?
5. When does Senorita 2 say the Man sat at the bar across the street drinking beer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the ways in which the characters break the fourth wall. What does this phrase mean? What effect does this produce? Why do characters in the play break from the action?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of music in the play. How and why is music implemented? What do the characters relate regarding music and their culture? What is the style of the music?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the stylistic components of Beautiful Senoritas. Define the terms Satire and Farce in your answer and give examples of each in the play. What other stylistic elements have been discussed in the class? How do these apply to the text?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)