|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Honey, don't you think nuclear disarmament is our only hope for survival"?
2. Where does Daughter 1 say she read about sex?
3. What is the refrain of the woman's song on the swing?
4. What does Catch Woman 4 perform as the key to getting a man?
5. What does the Brother say he will do to his friend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the Midwife in Beautiful Senoritas. What does her monologue mean in Act 1, and how is this text reflective of Prida's themes in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the elements of the play that relate to Latino culture in particular as a patriarchal society, as opposed to North American culture. What differences in Latino culture make it more difficult for women to achieve equality? How is this presented in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Nature versus Nurture" in the play. What is the definition of this phrase? How is this explored in Beautiful Senoritas? What is the playwright's message regarding this theme?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)