|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies the Girl at the dance scene?
2. What does the MC say that the senoritas are, as well as beautiful?
3. In the Guerrillera and Women's song, who will sweep the floor?
4. Where does the Son say he is going?
5. Who says, "I don't live for myself. I live for my husband and my children. A woman's work is never done"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of symbolism and motif in the play. Define these terms and give examples of each within the text. What is the primary motif used in Beautiful Senoritas? How are these symbols and motifs used to illuminate the themes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of Allegory. What characteristics of Beautiful Senoritas are reflective of Allegory? Who do the characters represent? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Machismo" or "Patriarchy." How does Prida portray this theme through the play? Which characters embody machismo characteristics?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)