|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the woman on the swing leave with?
2. What does Catch Woman 3 give to the Man?
3. What does the Girl pick up from the floor after the Catch Women exit?
4. What does the MC say that the senoritas are, as well as beautiful?
5. Who says, "I look for myself and I can't find me. I only find someone else's idea of me"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Irony as a literary device in Beautiful Senoritas. What are the three types of irony? What are examples of each within the play? What does this device illuminate in terms of theme?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the ways in which the characters break the fourth wall. What does this phrase mean? What effect does this produce? Why do characters in the play break from the action?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting and characters in Beautiful Senoritas. Why is the staging designed as it is? What freedom does this permit the actors? What is the meaning of the lack of character names? What effect does this have? How does it relate to the themes of the play?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)