|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Catch Women say they do it all for?
2. What do the women take and put on from the basket of the Chaperone?
3. What song does the woman on the swing sing?
4. What does the Guerrillera say there will be tonight?
5. Who welcomes the audience back after the intermission?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the stylistic components of Beautiful Senoritas. Define the terms Satire and Farce in your answer and give examples of each in the play. What other stylistic elements have been discussed in the class? How do these apply to the text?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Irony as a literary device in Beautiful Senoritas. What are the three types of irony? What are examples of each within the play? What does this device illuminate in terms of theme?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the term "Nonlinear Narrative." What does this mean? How does the play embody this style? Why has the playwright chosen this way of presenting the story?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)