|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Such metaphysics. Women should not worry about philosophical matters. That's for men"?
2. Who won't let the Girl dance with the Man?
3. Who says, "I don't live for myself. I live for my husband and my children. A woman's work is never done"?
4. What do the women take and put on from the basket of the Chaperone?
5. What does Daughter 2 tell the Mother?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting and characters in Beautiful Senoritas. Why is the staging designed as it is? What freedom does this permit the actors? What is the meaning of the lack of character names? What effect does this have? How does it relate to the themes of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Stereotype" in Beautiful Senoritas. How does Prida choose to present this theme? Which characters are embodiments of stereotypes? How is this illuminated? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the term "Objectification." How does Beautiful Women exemplify the objectification of women? What scenes in the play present this objectification?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)