Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Such metaphysics. Women should not worry about philosophical matters. That's for men"?
2. Who won't let the Girl dance with the Man?
3. Who says, "I don't live for myself. I live for my husband and my children. A woman's work is never done"?
4. What do the women take and put on from the basket of the Chaperone?
5. What does Daughter 2 tell the Mother?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of symbolism and motif in the play. Define these terms and give examples of each within the text. What is the primary motif used in Beautiful Senoritas? How are these symbols and motifs used to illuminate the themes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Machismo" or "Patriarchy." How does Prida portray this theme through the play? Which characters embody machismo characteristics?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting and characters in Beautiful Senoritas. Why is the staging designed as it is? What freedom does this permit the actors? What is the meaning of the lack of character names? What effect does this have? How does it relate to the themes of the play?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)