|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Let your blood erase your sinful thoughts! You may still be saved"?
2. What does Mother say about being a woman?
3. What does the Daughter ask the Mother for permission to do?
4. What does the Son tell the Mother about his girlfriend?
5. According to the MC, what have the pageant contestants given?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of music in the play. How and why is music implemented? What do the characters relate regarding music and their culture? What is the style of the music?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the elements of the play that relate to Latino culture in particular as a patriarchal society, as opposed to North American culture. What differences in Latino culture make it more difficult for women to achieve equality? How is this presented in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the tragic and comic elements of Beautiful Senoritas. Which characters embody tragedy and which reflect the comedy? How is Prida's use of comedy useful to expressing the messages in the play?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)