|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song plays as the Girl and the Daughter enter in Act 2?
2. What does the Nun tell the Girl to close her eyes and pores to?
3. Who "catches" the Man and exits with him of the Catch Women?
4. What is Catch Woman 1's method of catching a man?
5. What does the MC say that the senoritas are, as well as beautiful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of symbolism and motif in the play. Define these terms and give examples of each within the text. What is the primary motif used in Beautiful Senoritas? How are these symbols and motifs used to illuminate the themes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Machismo" or "Patriarchy." How does Prida portray this theme through the play? Which characters embody machismo characteristics?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the term "Objectification." How does Beautiful Women exemplify the objectification of women? What scenes in the play present this objectification?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)