|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Senorita 3's sister run?
2. What does Senorita 2 say the Man did every weekend?
3. Who does Senorita 3 say the Man said the same things to?
4. Who says, "I hear the sound of water in a shower, splattering against the tiles where a woman lies dead"?
5. What does Catch Woman 2 say women can't be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Stereotype" in Beautiful Senoritas. How does Prida choose to present this theme? Which characters are embodiments of stereotypes? How is this illuminated? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the term "Nonlinear Narrative." What does this mean? How does the play embody this style? Why has the playwright chosen this way of presenting the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the ways in which the characters break the fourth wall. What does this phrase mean? What effect does this produce? Why do characters in the play break from the action?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)