|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many contests has the Beauty Queen won?
2. What does Maria la O do in her scene with the Beauty Queen?
3. What magazine does the Beauty Queen want to be on the cover of?
4. Who enters singing at the end of the Midwife's speech in Act 1?
5. What would the Midwife exchange a butterfly for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Senoritas and the Nun do when one of the Senoritas confesses to going "all the way"?
2. What does the Man enter and ask the Martyrs about in Act 2? What is their response?
3. What does the Girl conclude about being a woman in the end of the play?
4. What does the Mother tell the Martyrs in Act 2?
5. What does the Girl do after the Martyrs speak of their woes?
6. What do the Women combine to say about their daughters in the end of Act 2?
7. What does the Son tell the Mother about his girlfriend? What does the Mother reply to him?
8. What titles has the Beauty Queen held? What is her dream?
9. What does Martyr 2 say about the light in her eyes?
10. What does the Mother tell her Son she hopes for him? What does he reply?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the term "Postmodernism" and how this applies to Beautiful Senoritas. What are examples from the play that are characteristic of postmodern drama and literature?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Nature versus Nurture" in the play. What is the definition of this phrase? How is this explored in Beautiful Senoritas? What is the playwright's message regarding this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of Pop Culture in Beautiful Senoritas. What forms of Pop Culture are represented in the play? What is their purpose? How do these reflect the themes of the play?
This section contains 1,264 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)