Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song plays for Little Miss Havana's entrance?
2. What is one of the titles the Beauty Queen has won?
3. What does the MC say that Latin women are the best of?
4. What does the Girl make her face up to look like in Act 1?
5. What is Miss Commonwealth's goal in life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catch Woman 3 use her eyes to attract a man?
2. What does the Mother tell her Son she hopes for him? What does he reply?
3. What does the Girl conclude about being a woman in the end of the play?
4. What does the Man tell the Researcher that his wife does all day?
5. What titles has the Beauty Queen held? What is her dream?
6. What story does Senorita 2 tell about the Man?
7. Who enters as the Girl is mimicking the Catch Women? What does she say?
8. Describe the character Little Miss Havana. What are her assets?
9. Which Catch Woman speaks about jealousy? What does she suggest?
10. What does the Father tell the Daughter when she asks to go outside?
Discuss the theme of "Machismo" or "Patriarchy." How does Prida portray this theme through the play? Which characters embody machismo characteristics?
Discuss the ways in which the characters break the fourth wall. What does this phrase mean? What effect does this produce? Why do characters in the play break from the action?
Discuss the role of Pop Culture in Beautiful Senoritas. What forms of Pop Culture are represented in the play? What is their purpose? How do these reflect the themes of the play?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)