|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money per week does Maria la O make?
2. What event is the male character awaiting in Act 1?
3. What does the MC say that Latin women are always ready for?
4. What does the MC call Miss Commonwealth?
5. How many contests has the Beauty Queen won?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Midwife tell Maria la O as she is leaving? Why?
2. What do the Women speak of hearing while they dance in Act 2?
3. What does the Nun tell the Girl to do? Why?
4. What does the Girl do after the Martyrs speak of their woes?
5. What does the Guerrillera tell the Martyrs? What does she convince them to do?
6. What does Martyr 2 say about the light in her eyes?
7. Who is the second contestant in the beauty pageant? Where is she from?
8. How is the setting for the play described? How do the scene changes take place?
9. Who enters as the Girl is mimicking the Catch Women? What does she say?
10. What does Miss Chili Tamale say is her dream? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Discuss the role of music in the play. How and why is music implemented? What do the characters relate regarding music and their culture? What is the style of the music?
Essay Topic 2Discuss the genre of Allegory. What characteristics of Beautiful Senoritas are reflective of Allegory? Who do the characters represent? Why?
Essay Topic 3Discuss the role of Pop Culture in Beautiful Senoritas. What forms of Pop Culture are represented in the play? What is their purpose? How do these reflect the themes of the play?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)