|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Midwife, what does a woman with a serious face have?
2. What was the Beauty Queen called as a child?
3. Who does the MC say the beauties of the tropical Caribbean will compete against?
4. Who is Senorita #3 described as?
5. What is the Beauty Queen's son's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Researcher suggest that his wife does? What is his reply?
2. Who enters with the Priest? What do they do?
3. What titles has the Beauty Queen held? What is her dream?
4. What does Miss Chili Tamale say is her dream? Why?
5. What does the Midwife tell Maria la O as she is leaving? Why?
6. What does the Daughter want to do? What does her mother say?
7. Why does the girl who Miss Commonwealth speaks of always smile?
8. What will Don Jose do if his wife has a son?
9. In what state is the Girl in the last scene of the play? How do the Women react to her?
10. What does the Girl conclude about being a woman in the end of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Complicity" in Beautiful Senoritas. What does this word mean? How are the characters complicit in the play? Why? How do they feel about their roles in society?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the disparity of gender roles and expectations presented in the play. How are these exemplified in the text? In which scenes? Which characters are representative of these inequalities?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the term "Nonlinear Narrative." What does this mean? How does the play embody this style? Why has the playwright chosen this way of presenting the story?
This section contains 1,234 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)