|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Midwife say that Don Jose has gone to do?
2. Who does Little Miss Havana change into during the beauty pageant?
3. Where was Miss Conchita Banana created, according to the MC?
4. Who is Senorita #3 described as?
5. What does Miss Conchita Banana throw into the audience?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Mother tell the Martyrs in Act 2?
2. What does the Father tell the Daughter when she asks to go outside?
3. What does one of the Women say about songs and movies, and how they taught her to be a woman?
4. What does the Man enter and ask the Martyrs about in Act 2? What is their response?
5. How does Don Jose react when the Midwife tells him he has a daughter?
6. What do the Women combine to say about their daughters in the end of Act 2?
7. What advice does the Mother/Mama tell the Girl about being a woman?
8. What do the Women do to the Girl in the last scene? What do they tell her?
9. What does Martyr 1 tell the Girl about?
10. How is the setting for the play described? How do the scene changes take place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the term "Objectification." How does Beautiful Women exemplify the objectification of women? What scenes in the play present this objectification?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Nature versus Nurture" in the play. What is the definition of this phrase? How is this explored in Beautiful Senoritas? What is the playwright's message regarding this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the ways in which the characters break the fourth wall. What does this phrase mean? What effect does this produce? Why do characters in the play break from the action?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)