|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maria la O say she liked dancing like as a kid?
2. What brothel does Don Jose mention in Act 1?
3. According to the Midwife, what does a woman with a serious face have?
4. What song plays for Little Miss Havana's entrance?
5. Who says, "I have been invented for a photograph"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catch Woman 1 tell the Girl to get a man?
2. What does Miss Chili Tamale say is her dream? Why?
3. What is the trick that Catch Woman 2 tells the Girl as to getting a man?
4. Who is the second contestant in the beauty pageant? Where is she from?
5. What does the Man tell the Researcher that his wife does all day?
6. What does the Man enter and ask the Martyrs about in Act 2? What is their response?
7. What does Martyr 2 say about the light in her eyes?
8. What does the Mother tell her Son she hopes for him? What does he reply?
9. What do the Beautiful Senoritas sing about in their opening song?
10. What does the Daughter want to do? What does her mother say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the ways in which the characters break the fourth wall. What does this phrase mean? What effect does this produce? Why do characters in the play break from the action?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of symbolism and motif in the play. Define these terms and give examples of each within the text. What is the primary motif used in Beautiful Senoritas? How are these symbols and motifs used to illuminate the themes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the term "Objectification." How does Beautiful Women exemplify the objectification of women? What scenes in the play present this objectification?
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)