|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Chili Tamale say her dream is?
2. What is Don Jose told he has gained in Act 1?
3. What does the MC ask Miss Conchita Banana?
4. Who does the MC say is the dream girl of every American male?
5. What is the Beauty Queen's son's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the dance scene? How is the Man dressed in this scene?
2. What does Maria la O do in her scene? What does she complain about?
3. What does the Father tell the Daughter when she asks to go outside?
4. What does the Man tell the Researcher that his wife does all day?
5. What does the Daughter announce to her Mother in Act 2? What does her Mother say to her?
6. What does the MC say about Latin women?
7. What titles has the Beauty Queen held? What is her dream?
8. Who "catches" the Man, of the Catch Women? What does the Girl do after they exit?
9. What does the MC say to Miss Commonwealth about boyfriends? What is her reply?
10. How does the scene change after Miss Commonwealth exits?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Nature versus Nurture" in the play. What is the definition of this phrase? How is this explored in Beautiful Senoritas? What is the playwright's message regarding this theme?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the term "Objectification." How does Beautiful Women exemplify the objectification of women? What scenes in the play present this objectification?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the ways in which the characters break the fourth wall. What does this phrase mean? What effect does this produce? Why do characters in the play break from the action?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)