|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the MC say is the dream girl of every American male?
2. What does Little Miss Havana wear?
3. How much money per week does Maria la O make?
4. How does Woman 2 say her mother and grandmother walked the land?
5. What is one of the titles the Beauty Queen has won?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Girl conclude about being a woman in the end of the play?
2. What does Martyr 1 tell the Girl about?
3. What does the Daughter announce to her Mother in Act 2? What does her Mother say to her?
4. Which Catch Woman speaks about jealousy? What does she suggest?
5. What do the Catch Women say in unison? What do they do after their demonstration on the Man?
6. What story does Senorita 2 tell about the Man?
7. What do the Senoritas and the Nun do when one of the Senoritas confesses to going "all the way"?
8. In what state is the Girl in the last scene of the play? How do the Women react to her?
9. What does the MC say to Miss Commonwealth about boyfriends? What is her reply?
10. What is the trick that Catch Woman 2 tells the Girl as to getting a man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Machismo" or "Patriarchy." How does Prida portray this theme through the play? Which characters embody machismo characteristics?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the term "Objectification." How does Beautiful Women exemplify the objectification of women? What scenes in the play present this objectification?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the stylistic components of Beautiful Senoritas. Define the terms Satire and Farce in your answer and give examples of each in the play. What other stylistic elements have been discussed in the class? How do these apply to the text?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)