|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song plays for the contestant from Mexico?
2. What does the MC say that Latin women are always ready for?
3. What does Miss Commonwealth sing of?
4. What does Maria la O complain is hurting her?
5. What does Miss Chili Tamale say her dream is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the MC say about Latin women?
2. Who is Don Jose? What is he awaiting? What does he want?
3. What does Miss Commonwealth recall when she runs into the Girl?
4. What do the Beautiful Senoritas sing about in their opening song?
5. Who is the second contestant in the beauty pageant? Where is she from?
6. How does Catch Woman 3 use her eyes to attract a man?
7. What does the Girl do as the Midwife speaks to the audience in Act 1?
8. What story does Senorita 2 tell about the Man?
9. What does the Mother tell her Son she hopes for him? What does he reply?
10. What does the Chaperone do when the Man asks the Girl to dance? What does she do when he dances too close?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the stylistic components of Beautiful Senoritas. Define the terms Satire and Farce in your answer and give examples of each in the play. What other stylistic elements have been discussed in the class? How do these apply to the text?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the term "Postmodernism" and how this applies to Beautiful Senoritas. What are examples from the play that are characteristic of postmodern drama and literature?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the term "Objectification." How does Beautiful Women exemplify the objectification of women? What scenes in the play present this objectification?
This section contains 1,251 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)