|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Chili Tamale say she needs?
2. Whose full name is Fina de la Garza del Vedado y Miramar?
3. What does the Midwife talk about in her stomach?
4. Which is one of the magazines the Beauty Queen mentions her mother reading?
5. Who does the MC say is the dream girl of every American male?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the trick that Catch Woman 2 tells the Girl as to getting a man?
2. What does the Girl do after the Martyrs speak of their woes?
3. What will Don Jose do if his wife has a son?
4. What does Martyr 1 tell the Girl about?
5. Which Catch Woman speaks about jealousy? What does she suggest?
6. What do the Beautiful Senoritas sing about in their opening song?
7. What does the Daughter want to do? What does her mother say?
8. Why does Martyr 2 hold her side? Why is she in pain?
9. How is the setting for the play described? How do the scene changes take place?
10. What does the Guerrillera tell the Martyrs? What does she convince them to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of the Girl. What is the journey this character undergoes throughout the play? What are her actions? What influences this character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of symbolism and motif in the play. Define these terms and give examples of each within the text. What is the primary motif used in Beautiful Senoritas? How are these symbols and motifs used to illuminate the themes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting and characters in Beautiful Senoritas. Why is the staging designed as it is? What freedom does this permit the actors? What is the meaning of the lack of character names? What effect does this have? How does it relate to the themes of the play?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)