|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money per week does Maria la O make?
2. What does the Midwife say that Don Jose has gone to do?
3. What does the MC call Miss Commonwealth?
4. Where does Miss Conchita Banana say you should never put bananas?
5. What magazine does the Beauty Queen want to be on the cover of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Mother tell the Martyrs in Act 2?
2. What does Woman 3 do at the beginning of Act 2? What is her song about?
3. What happened to Senorita 3's sister?
4. What does the MC say to Miss Commonwealth about boyfriends? What is her reply?
5. What is the trick that Catch Woman 2 tells the Girl as to getting a man?
6. Who enters as the Girl is mimicking the Catch Women? What does she say?
7. What do the Catch Women say in unison? What do they do after their demonstration on the Man?
8. How does Catch Woman 1 tell the Girl to get a man?
9. What is "The Wedding Song" about? Who sings it?
10. What titles has the Beauty Queen held? What is her dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Nature versus Nurture" in the play. What is the definition of this phrase? How is this explored in Beautiful Senoritas? What is the playwright's message regarding this theme?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of the Girl. What is the journey this character undergoes throughout the play? What are her actions? What influences this character?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the Midwife in Beautiful Senoritas. What does her monologue mean in Act 1, and how is this text reflective of Prida's themes in the play?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)