|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Jose told he has gained in Act 1?
2. How much does the Beauty Queen make for her contests?
3. Who is Senorita #3 described as?
4. Who danced at the Radio City Music Hall?
5. What does Don Jose throw in Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who "catches" the Man, of the Catch Women? What does the Girl do after they exit?
2. What does the Girl conclude about being a woman in the end of the play?
3. What does Miss Chili Tamale say is her dream? Why?
4. What do the Women speak of hearing while they dance in Act 2?
5. What do the Women do to the Girl in the last scene? What do they tell her?
6. How does Don Jose react when the Midwife tells him he has a daughter?
7. What does the Girl do after the Martyrs speak of their woes?
8. How does the scene change after Miss Commonwealth exits?
9. What story does Senorita 2 tell about the Man?
10. What do the Catch Women say in unison? What do they do after their demonstration on the Man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the stylistic components of Beautiful Senoritas. Define the terms Satire and Farce in your answer and give examples of each in the play. What other stylistic elements have been discussed in the class? How do these apply to the text?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Stereotype" in Beautiful Senoritas. How does Prida choose to present this theme? Which characters are embodiments of stereotypes? How is this illuminated? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Complicity" in Beautiful Senoritas. What does this word mean? How are the characters complicit in the play? Why? How do they feel about their roles in society?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)