|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Conchita Banana say her motto is?
2. What does Miss Chili Tamale say she needs?
3. What brothel does Don Jose mention in Act 1?
4. What does Miss Conchita Banana throw into the audience?
5. Who says, "The girl who had never seen the ocean decided one day to see it"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the third contestant in the beauty pageant? What does she sing about? What has been her goal?
2. What titles has the Beauty Queen held? What is her dream?
3. What does one of the Women say about songs and movies, and how they taught her to be a woman?
4. What does the Girl conclude about being a woman in the end of the play?
5. What do the Women do to the Girl in the last scene? What do they tell her?
6. Who "catches" the Man, of the Catch Women? What does the Girl do after they exit?
7. What does the Midwife tell Maria la O as she is leaving? Why?
8. What is "The Wedding Song" about? Who sings it?
9. What does Martyr 2 say about the light in her eyes?
10. What does the Nun tell the Girl to do? Why?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Irony as a literary device in Beautiful Senoritas. What are the three types of irony? What are examples of each within the play? What does this device illuminate in terms of theme?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Stereotype" in Beautiful Senoritas. How does Prida choose to present this theme? Which characters are embodiments of stereotypes? How is this illuminated? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the stylistic components of Beautiful Senoritas. Define the terms Satire and Farce in your answer and give examples of each in the play. What other stylistic elements have been discussed in the class? How do these apply to the text?
This section contains 1,309 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)