Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song plays for Little Miss Havana's entrance?
2. What is one of the titles the Beauty Queen has won?
3. What does the MC say that Latin women are the best of?
4. What does the Girl make her face up to look like in Act 1?
5. What is Miss Commonwealth's goal in life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catch Woman 3 use her eyes to attract a man?
2. What does the Mother tell her Son she hopes for him? What does he reply?
3. What does the Girl conclude about being a woman in the end of the play?
4. What does the Man tell the Researcher that his wife does all day?
5. What titles has the Beauty Queen held? What is her dream?
6. What story does Senorita 2 tell about the Man?
7. Who enters as the Girl is mimicking the Catch Women? What does she say?
8. Describe the character Little Miss Havana. What are her assets?
9. Which Catch Woman speaks about jealousy? What does she suggest?
10. What does the Father tell the Daughter when she asks to go outside?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the term "Objectification." How does Beautiful Women exemplify the objectification of women? What scenes in the play present this objectification?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the term "Nonlinear Narrative." What does this mean? How does the play embody this style? Why has the playwright chosen this way of presenting the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the stylistic components of Beautiful Senoritas. Define the terms Satire and Farce in your answer and give examples of each in the play. What other stylistic elements have been discussed in the class? How do these apply to the text?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)