|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is one of the magazines the Beauty Queen mentions her mother reading?
2. Who says, "In Managua, in San Juan, in an Andes mountain town. She'll be put on a pedestal and trampled upon at the same time"?
3. Who says, "I have been invented for a photograph"?
4. What does the Midwife say that Don Jose has gone to do?
5. What does the MC ask Miss Conchita Banana?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catch Woman 3 use her eyes to attract a man?
2. Who is Miss Commonwealth? What does she sing about? What are her goals?
3. What does the Daughter announce to her Mother in Act 2? What does her Mother say to her?
4. What do the Women speak of hearing while they dance in Act 2?
5. What happens in the dance scene? How is the Man dressed in this scene?
6. What does the Midwife tell Maria la O as she is leaving? Why?
7. Who is the third contestant in the beauty pageant? What does she sing about? What has been her goal?
8. What does the Mother tell the Martyrs in Act 2?
9. Which Catch Woman speaks about jealousy? What does she suggest?
10. What titles has the Beauty Queen held? What is her dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of the Girl. What is the journey this character undergoes throughout the play? What are her actions? What influences this character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the term "Objectification." How does Beautiful Women exemplify the objectification of women? What scenes in the play present this objectification?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the disparity of gender roles and expectations presented in the play. How are these exemplified in the text? In which scenes? Which characters are representative of these inequalities?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)