|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the MC say that Latin women are the best of?
(a) Dancers and singers.
(b) Lovers and haters.
(d) Housewives and cooks.
2. Who says, "One day I will want to cry"?
(a) Woman 3.
(b) Woman 1.
(c) The Girl.
(d) Miss Commonwealth.
3. Which is one of the magazines the Beauty Queen mentions her mother reading?
4. Where does Miss Conchita Banana say you should never put bananas?
(a) The floor.
(b) The oven.
(c) The stove.
(d) The refrigerator.
5. What does Maria la O complain is hurting her?
(a) Her back.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl who went to see the ocean carry with her?
2. What does the Midwife say that Don Jose has gone to do?
3. What is Maria la O's profession?
4. Who is Senorita #2 dressed as?
5. What do you need to catch a man, according to Miss Commonwealth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Woman 3 do at the beginning of Act 2? What is her song about?
2. Who enters as the Girl is mimicking the Catch Women? What does she say?
3. What does the Midwife tell Maria la O as she is leaving? Why?
4. What does one of the Women say about songs and movies, and how they taught her to be a woman?
5. How does Don Jose react when the Midwife tells him he has a daughter?
6. What does the Midwife say about a butterfly? What would she trade a butterfly for?
7. What happened to Senorita 3's sister?
8. What does the Daughter announce to her Mother in Act 2? What does her Mother say to her?
9. What do the Women do to the Girl in the last scene? What do they tell her?
10. How does the scene change after Miss Commonwealth exits?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)