|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "One day I will want to cry"?
(a) Miss Commonwealth.
(b) Woman 1.
(c) Woman 3.
(d) The Girl.
2. What event is the male character awaiting in Act 1?
(a) The marriage of his son.
(b) The marriage of his daughter.
(c) His child's birth.
(d) His marriage.
3. Where does Maria la O go after the Senoritas' song?
(a) A nursery.
(b) Her dressing room.
(c) The ocean.
(d) A hospital room.
4. Which Senorita resembles Maria la O?
(a) Senorita #4.
(b) Senorita #1.
(c) Senorita #2.
(d) Senorita #3.
5. Where does Miss Conchita Banana say you should never put bananas?
(a) The refrigerator.
(b) The stove.
(c) The floor.
(d) The oven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which contestant has the name Lupe Lupita Guadalupe Viva Zapata y Enchilada?
2. What does the MC say that Latin women are always ready for?
3. What does Miss Commonwealth sing of?
4. Who says, "In Managua, in San Juan, in an Andes mountain town. She'll be put on a pedestal and trampled upon at the same time"?
5. What does Don Jose throw in Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Man enter and ask the Martyrs about in Act 2? What is their response?
2. What does the MC say to Miss Commonwealth about boyfriends? What is her reply?
3. What does the Midwife say about a butterfly? What would she trade a butterfly for?
4. What does the Researcher suggest that his wife does? What is his reply?
5. What do the Women do to the Girl in the last scene? What do they tell her?
6. How does Don Jose react when the Midwife tells him he has a daughter?
7. Who enters as the Girl is mimicking the Catch Women? What does she say?
8. What happens in the dance scene? How is the Man dressed in this scene?
9. What does the Mother tell the Martyrs in Act 2?
10. What story does Senorita 2 tell about the Man?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)