|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Senorita resembles Maria la O?
(a) Senorita #3.
(b) Senorita #2.
(c) Senorita #4.
(d) Senorita #1.
2. What does Don Jose want in Act 1?
(a) A mother.
(b) A wife.
(c) A son.
(d) A daughter.
3. What is the title that the Beauty Queen holds now?
(a) Miss Cuba.
(b) Miss Mexico.
(c) Miss Banana Republic.
(d) Miss Havana.
4. What does the Girl make her face up to look like in Act 1?
(a) A demon.
(b) A beauty queen.
(c) A clown.
(d) A butterfly.
5. Who does Maria la O say she liked dancing like as a kid?
(a) Fred Astaire.
(b) Ginger Rogers.
(c) Muriel Ortega.
(d) Margot Fonteyn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose full name is Fina de la Garza del Vedado y Miramar?
2. What is the name of the first song the Senoritas sing in Act 1?
3. Who arrives as the Midwife speaks to the audience in Act 1?
4. What does the MC say that Latin women are the best of?
5. Who is Woman 3 previously in the beauty pageant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does the Mother/Mama tell the Girl about being a woman?
2. How is the setting for the play described? How do the scene changes take place?
3. Why does the girl who Miss Commonwealth speaks of always smile?
4. What does the Chaperone give to the Senoritas? What do they do after this?
5. What is "The Wedding Song" about? Who sings it?
6. How does Catch Woman 3 use her eyes to attract a man?
7. What does the Man enter and ask the Martyrs about in Act 2? What is their response?
8. What does the Daughter announce to her Mother in Act 2? What does her Mother say to her?
9. What do the Women do to the Girl in the last scene? What do they tell her?
10. What does the MC say about Latin women?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)