|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the Beauty Queen make for her contests?
2. What does Miss Conchita Banana throw into the audience?
(a) Her boa.
(b) Her tiara.
(c) Her sash.
3. What does Don Jose throw in Act 1?
(a) His cigar.
(b) His shoe.
(c) His cane.
(d) His hat.
4. Who does Maria la O say she liked dancing like as a kid?
(a) Muriel Ortega.
(b) Ginger Rogers.
(c) Fred Astaire.
(d) Margot Fonteyn.
5. What does the midwife say is like a "burned-out star wandering through the galaxies"?
(a) A rose.
(b) A smile.
(c) A tear.
(d) A frown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Woman 2 say the women have given birth?
2. Who does the MC introduce as from the sandy beaches of Florida?
3. What does Miss Chili Tamale say her dream is?
4. What is Don Jose told he has gained in Act 1?
5. Which character stays after the other Senoritas leave to take more bows?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "The Wedding Song" about? Who sings it?
2. Who is Don Jose? What is he awaiting? What does he want?
3. What do the Women speak of hearing while they dance in Act 2?
4. How does Catch Woman 1 tell the Girl to get a man?
5. What does the Mother tell her Son she hopes for him? What does he reply?
6. What does the Mother tell the Martyrs in Act 2?
7. What do the Women see in each other at the end of the play? What does the Girl do?
8. What do the Senoritas and the Nun do when one of the Senoritas confesses to going "all the way"?
9. What does Woman 3 do at the beginning of Act 2? What is her song about?
10. Who enters as the Girl is mimicking the Catch Women? What does she say?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)