|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which contestant is from Mexico?
(a) Miss Chicarita.
(b) Miss Chili Tamale.
(c) Miss Mexico City.
(d) Miss Taco Grande.
2. How many contests has the Beauty Queen won?
3. What would the Midwife exchange a butterfly for?
(a) A baby.
(b) A permanent smile.
(c) A permanent laugh.
(d) A mother.
4. What is the title that the Beauty Queen holds now?
(a) Miss Havana.
(b) Miss Cuba.
(c) Miss Banana Republic.
(d) Miss Mexico.
5. Who does Little Miss Havana say took away everything her family had?
(a) President Carter.
(b) The Russians.
(c) President Kennedy.
(d) Fidel Castro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Chili Tamale say she needs?
2. Who is Woman 3 previously in the beauty pageant?
3. Who says, "The girl who had never seen the ocean decided one day to see it"?
4. What does the Midwife call to Maria to tell her not to forget to do?
5. What does the MC say that Latin women are always ready for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who "catches" the Man, of the Catch Women? What does the Girl do after they exit?
2. What do the Women combine to say about their daughters in the end of Act 2?
3. What does the Girl do as the Midwife speaks to the audience in Act 1?
4. What does the Chaperone do when the Man asks the Girl to dance? What does she do when he dances too close?
5. What does the Man tell the Researcher that his wife does all day?
6. Who is the second contestant in the beauty pageant? Where is she from?
7. What does the Mother tell her Son she hopes for him? What does he reply?
8. What does the Gurrillera tell the Martyrs they must do before the meeting? What do they do?
9. What does the Nun tell the Girl to do? Why?
10. In what state is the Girl in the last scene of the play? How do the Women react to her?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)