|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song plays when Miss Commonwealth appears?
(a) "Cuando sali de Mexico."
(b) "Mexican Republic Song."
(c) "Cortaron a Elena."
(d) "Cuando sali de Cuba."
2. What event is the male character awaiting in Act 1?
(a) The marriage of his son.
(b) The marriage of his daughter.
(c) His child's birth.
(d) His marriage.
3. Where does Miss Conchita Banana say you should never put bananas?
(a) The stove.
(b) The oven.
(c) The floor.
(d) The refrigerator.
4. What is Miss Commonwealth's goal in life?
(a) Find a boyfriend and get married.
(b) Buy a car.
(c) Buy a house.
(d) Move to Europe.
5. What does the Girl make her face up to look like in Act 1?
(a) A beauty queen.
(b) A clown.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A demon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jose throw in Act 1?
2. What does the MC call Miss Commonwealth?
3. Which contestant is from Mexico?
4. Who created Miss Conchita Banana?
5. What song plays for the contestant from Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Catch Women say in unison? What do they do after their demonstration on the Man?
2. What does the Girl conclude about being a woman in the end of the play?
3. What advice does the Mother/Mama tell the Girl about being a woman?
4. What does Martyr 2 say about the light in her eyes?
5. What does Martyr 1 tell the Girl about?
6. What does the Man tell the Researcher that his wife does all day?
7. What is the trick that Catch Woman 2 tells the Girl as to getting a man?
8. What happened to Senorita 3's sister?
9. How does Catch Woman 1 tell the Girl to get a man?
10. What does the Chaperone give to the Senoritas? What do they do after this?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)