|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Miss Havana wear?
(a) A string of pearls.
(b) A nurse's uniform.
(c) A clown costume.
(d) An evening gown.
2. What does Maria la O complain is hurting her?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her head.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her back.
3. What does Maria la O say she has to be careful not to step on?
(c) A cat.
(d) A rat.
4. Who is Woman 3 previously in the beauty pageant?
(a) Little Miss Havana.
(b) Miss Chili Tamale.
(c) Miss Conchita Banana.
(d) Miss Commonwealth.
5. What does Don Jose throw in Act 1?
(a) His shoe.
(b) His cigar.
(c) His hat.
(d) His cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first song the Senoritas sing in Act 1?
2. What does the Midwife call to Maria to tell her not to forget to do?
3. Who says, "I have been invented for a photograph"?
4. What is one of the titles the Beauty Queen has won?
5. What does the girl who went to see the ocean carry with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the girl who Miss Commonwealth speaks of always smile?
2. What happens in the dance scene? How is the Man dressed in this scene?
3. What does Miss Commonwealth recall when she runs into the Girl?
4. Who is Don Jose? What is he awaiting? What does he want?
5. What does the Midwife tell Maria la O as she is leaving? Why?
6. Which Catch Woman speaks about jealousy? What does she suggest?
7. What do the Women combine to say about their daughters in the end of Act 2?
8. What does the Researcher suggest that his wife does? What is his reply?
9. What does the MC say about Latin women?
10. What does the Daughter announce to her Mother in Act 2? What does her Mother say to her?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)