|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maria la O say she liked dancing like as a kid?
(a) Ginger Rogers.
(b) Margot Fonteyn.
(c) Muriel Ortega.
(d) Fred Astaire.
2. Who says, "One day I will want to cry"?
(a) The Girl.
(b) Woman 1.
(c) Miss Commonwealth.
(d) Woman 3.
3. How many contests has the Beauty Queen won?
4. Which character stays after the other Senoritas leave to take more bows?
(b) Senorita #3.
(c) Senorita #1.
(d) Maria la O.
5. What does the Midwife talk about in her stomach?
(a) A baby.
(b) A sorrow.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A hunger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character speaks first in the play?
2. What is Miss Commonwealth's goal in life?
3. Which contestant is from Mexico?
4. What does Miss Commonwealth sing of?
5. What does Don Jose throw in Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Midwife tell Maria la O as she is leaving? Why?
2. What will Don Jose do if his wife has a son?
3. Who enters as the Girl is mimicking the Catch Women? What does she say?
4. What does the Midwife say about a butterfly? What would she trade a butterfly for?
5. What does the Mother tell the Martyrs in Act 2?
6. What does Miss Commonwealth recall when she runs into the Girl?
7. What does the Mother tell her Son she hopes for him? What does he reply?
8. What does Miss Chili Tamale say is her dream? Why?
9. What do the Women do to the Girl in the last scene? What do they tell her?
10. Who "catches" the Man, of the Catch Women? What does the Girl do after they exit?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)