|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Senorita #2 dressed as?
(a) Carmen Miranda.
(b) Iris Chacon.
(d) Isabella Charcon.
2. Where does Woman 2 say the women have given birth?
(a) On the bare soil.
(b) In their homes.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) In the churches.
3. Who does Miss Commonwealth encounter when she is about to exit?
(a) The Mother.
(b) The Father.
(c) The Girl.
(d) The Daughter.
4. Which character stays after the other Senoritas leave to take more bows?
(b) Maria la O.
(c) Senorita #3.
(d) Senorita #1.
5. What does the Beauty Queen wear?
(a) A swimsuit.
(b) A wedding dress.
(c) An evening gown.
(d) A tuxedo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Beauty Queen want to be discovered and become?
2. What song plays when Miss Commonwealth appears?
3. Which character speaks first in the play?
4. What does the Beauty Queen practice daily?
5. What does the MC call Miss Commonwealth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What titles has the Beauty Queen held? What is her dream?
2. What does the Midwife tell Maria la O as she is leaving? Why?
3. Who is the third contestant in the beauty pageant? What does she sing about? What has been her goal?
4. How does Don Jose react when the Midwife tells him he has a daughter?
5. What does the Man enter and ask the Martyrs about in Act 2? What is their response?
6. Who enters with the Priest? What do they do?
7. Which Catch Woman speaks about jealousy? What does she suggest?
8. Why does Martyr 2 hold her side? Why is she in pain?
9. What do the Women see in each other at the end of the play? What does the Girl do?
10. What will Don Jose do if his wife has a son?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)