|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the MC say is the dream girl of every American male?
(a) Miss Conchita Banana.
(b) Miss Commonwealth.
(c) Little Miss Havana.
(d) Miss Chili Tamale.
2. Who says, "One day I will want to cry"?
(a) Miss Commonwealth.
(b) Woman 1.
(c) Woman 3.
(d) The Girl.
3. What does Don Jose throw in Act 1?
(a) His cigar.
(b) His cane.
(c) His shoe.
(d) His hat.
4. What was the Beauty Queen called as a child?
(b) La reinecita.
(c) La puerta.
(d) La chica.
5. Where does Woman 2 say the women have given birth?
(a) On the bare soil.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) In their homes.
(d) In the churches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "carried by the winds of emotion," according to the Midwife?
2. What does the MC ask Miss Conchita Banana?
3. What does the MC call Miss Commonwealth?
4. What does Little Miss Havana wear?
5. What does the MC say that Latin women are always ready for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "The Wedding Song" about? Who sings it?
2. What does the Chaperone do when the Man asks the Girl to dance? What does she do when he dances too close?
3. What does Martyr 1 tell the Girl about?
4. What happens in the dance scene? How is the Man dressed in this scene?
5. What does the Girl do after the Martyrs speak of their woes?
6. In what state is the Girl in the last scene of the play? How do the Women react to her?
7. What advice does the Mother/Mama tell the Girl about being a woman?
8. Who is the third contestant in the beauty pageant? What does she sing about? What has been her goal?
9. How does the scene change after Miss Commonwealth exits?
10. What does the Gurrillera tell the Martyrs they must do before the meeting? What do they do?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)