|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Miss Conchita Banana created, according to the MC?
(a) Fifth Avenue.
(b) Rockefeller Drive.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Madison Avenue.
2. What does Don Jose want in Act 1?
(a) A wife.
(b) A mother.
(c) A son.
(d) A daughter.
3. Whose full name is Fina de la Garza del Vedado y Miramar?
(a) Miss Mexico.
(b) Maria la O.
(c) Miss Commonwealth.
(d) Little Miss Havana.
4. What was the Beauty Queen called as a child?
(a) La puerta.
(b) La chica.
(d) La reinecita.
5. Who does Maria la O say she liked dancing like as a kid?
(a) Fred Astaire.
(b) Ginger Rogers.
(c) Margot Fonteyn.
(d) Muriel Ortega.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I have been invented for a photograph"?
2. What does Maria la O complain is hurting her?
3. Which Senorita resembles Maria la O?
4. What does the midwife say is like a "burned-out star wandering through the galaxies"?
5. What does the Beauty Queen want to be discovered and become?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Women do to the Girl in the last scene? What do they tell her?
2. What does the Daughter announce to her Mother in Act 2? What does her Mother say to her?
3. Why does the girl who Miss Commonwealth speaks of always smile?
4. What do the Women see in each other at the end of the play? What does the Girl do?
5. What do the Women combine to say about their daughters in the end of Act 2?
6. How does Catch Woman 3 use her eyes to attract a man?
7. What does the Midwife say about a butterfly? What would she trade a butterfly for?
8. Who enters with the Priest? What do they do?
9. Who is Don Jose? What is he awaiting? What does he want?
10. In what state is the Girl in the last scene of the play? How do the Women react to her?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)