|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Little Miss Havana change into during the beauty pageant?
(a) Woman 2.
(b) Woman 4.
(c) Woman 1.
(d) Woman 3.
2. What does the Beauty Queen say that she does every day?
(a) Washes dishes.
(b) Waxes her legs.
(c) Straightens her hair.
(d) Bathes her dog.
3. Which character speaks first in the play?
(a) Don Jose.
(d) Don Luis.
4. What song plays for Little Miss Havana's entrance?
(a) "The Cuban Salsa."
(b) "Cuban Corretega."
(c) "Cuando sali de Mexico."
(d) "Cuando sali de Cuba."
5. Who is Senorita #3 described as?
(a) Lucy Diaz.
(b) Carmen Miranda.
(c) Isabella Chacon.
(d) Iris Chacon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the midwife say is like a "burned-out star wandering through the galaxies"?
2. What does the Midwife say that Don Jose has gone to do?
3. How many contests has the Beauty Queen won?
4. Who says, "The girl who had never seen the ocean decided one day to see it"?
5. What thrusts itself into the eyes of the girl who goes to see the ocean?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Don Jose react when the Midwife tells him he has a daughter?
2. What does the MC say about Latin women?
3. What does the Man enter and ask the Martyrs about in Act 2? What is their response?
4. What does the Mother tell her Son she hopes for him? What does he reply?
5. What do the Women do to the Girl in the last scene? What do they tell her?
6. What does Martyr 2 say about the light in her eyes?
7. How does Catch Woman 1 tell the Girl to get a man?
8. Who is Don Jose? What is he awaiting? What does he want?
9. Who is the second contestant in the beauty pageant? Where is she from?
10. What will Don Jose do if his wife has a son?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)