|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Chili Tamale say she needs?
(a) A happy life.
(b) Her green card.
(c) A round of applause.
(d) A baby.
2. What do you need to catch a man, according to Miss Commonwealth?
(a) To know the tricks.
(d) A smile.
3. What are Little Miss Havana's current assets?
(a) Her face.
(b) Her money.
(d) Her smile.
4. What would the Midwife exchange a butterfly for?
(a) A baby.
(b) A permanent smile.
(c) A mother.
(d) A permanent laugh.
5. Who does the MC say is the dream girl of every American male?
(a) Miss Commonwealth.
(b) Miss Chili Tamale.
(c) Little Miss Havana.
(d) Miss Conchita Banana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Senorita #2 dressed as?
2. What does Miss Chili Tamale say her dream is?
3. What does the MC say that Latin women are the best of?
4. What does the girl who went to see the ocean carry with her?
5. Where does Woman 2 say the women have given birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the setting for the play described? How do the scene changes take place?
2. In what state is the Girl in the last scene of the play? How do the Women react to her?
3. What does the Father tell the Daughter when she asks to go outside?
4. What does the Guerrillera tell the Martyrs? What does she convince them to do?
5. What does Miss Commonwealth recall when she runs into the Girl?
6. What does Maria la O do in her scene? What does she complain about?
7. What does the Midwife say about a butterfly? What would she trade a butterfly for?
8. What does the Daughter announce to her Mother in Act 2? What does her Mother say to her?
9. What does the Chaperone give to the Senoritas? What do they do after this?
10. Who "catches" the Man, of the Catch Women? What does the Girl do after they exit?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)