|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is one of the magazines the Beauty Queen mentions her mother reading?
2. What does the Beauty Queen want to be discovered and become?
(a) A stock broker.
(b) A game-show host.
(c) A movie star.
(d) A television star.
3. Who does the MC introduce as from the sandy beaches of Florida?
(a) Little Miss Havana.
(b) Maria la O.
(c) Miss Tropicana.
4. What does Maria la O complain is hurting her?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her back.
(d) Her head.
5. Which contestant has the name Lupe Lupita Guadalupe Viva Zapata y Enchilada?
(a) Miss Chili Tamale.
(b) Maria la O.
(c) Miss Conchita Banana.
(d) Little Miss Havana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "carried by the winds of emotion," according to the Midwife?
2. Who says, "One day I will want to cry"?
3. Which Senorita resembles Maria la O?
4. What does the MC call Miss Commonwealth?
5. What does Miss Chili Tamale say her dream is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "The Wedding Song" about? Who sings it?
2. What does Miss Commonwealth recall when she runs into the Girl?
3. What does the Man enter and ask the Martyrs about in Act 2? What is their response?
4. Who is Miss Commonwealth? What does she sing about? What are her goals?
5. What does Miss Chili Tamale say is her dream? Why?
6. What does one of the Women say about songs and movies, and how they taught her to be a woman?
7. Who is the second contestant in the beauty pageant? Where is she from?
8. How does Catch Woman 1 tell the Girl to get a man?
9. Describe the character Little Miss Havana. What are her assets?
10. What happened to Senorita 3's sister?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)