Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song plays for Little Miss Havana's entrance?
(a) "Cuando sali de Mexico."
(b) "Cuando sali de Cuba."
(c) "The Cuban Salsa."
(d) "Cuban Corretega."
2. What is one of the titles the Beauty Queen has won?
(a) Queen of the Hispanic Hairdressers' Association.
(b) Queen of Guadalajara.
(c) Miss Mexico.
(d) Miss America.
3. What does the MC say that Latin women are the best of?
(a) Housewives and cooks.
(c) Lovers and haters.
(d) Dancers and singers.
4. What does the Girl make her face up to look like in Act 1?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A clown.
(c) A demon.
(d) A beauty queen.
5. What is Miss Commonwealth's goal in life?
(a) Find a boyfriend and get married.
(b) Buy a car.
(c) Move to Europe.
(d) Buy a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Commonwealth sing of?
2. What does the girl who went to see the ocean carry with her?
3. What does Miss Conchita Banana throw into the audience?
4. What brothel does Don Jose mention in Act 1?
5. Who does the MC say the beauties of the tropical Caribbean will compete against?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catch Woman 3 use her eyes to attract a man?
2. What does the Mother tell her Son she hopes for him? What does he reply?
3. What does the Girl conclude about being a woman in the end of the play?
4. What does the Man tell the Researcher that his wife does all day?
5. What titles has the Beauty Queen held? What is her dream?
6. What story does Senorita 2 tell about the Man?
7. Who enters as the Girl is mimicking the Catch Women? What does she say?
8. Describe the character Little Miss Havana. What are her assets?
9. Which Catch Woman speaks about jealousy? What does she suggest?
10. What does the Father tell the Daughter when she asks to go outside?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)