|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first song the Senoritas sing in Act 1?
(a) "The Ciruchi Cha Cha."
(b) "The Song of the Woman."
(c) "Chico's Song."
(d) "The Beautiful Senoritas Song."
2. What does Miss Chili Tamale say her dream is?
(a) To marry a rich Mexican.
(b) To become an actress.
(c) To marry a rich American.
(d) To marry a rich Cuban.
3. What does Maria la O complain is hurting her?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her back.
4. Who does the MC say is the dream girl of every American male?
(a) Miss Commonwealth.
(b) Little Miss Havana.
(c) Miss Conchita Banana.
(d) Miss Chili Tamale.
5. What brothel does Don Jose mention in Act 1?
(a) La Casa de Luisa.
(b) La Casa de Jose.
(c) La Casa de Tequila.
(d) La Casa de Maria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters singing at the end of the Midwife's speech in Act 1?
2. What would the Midwife exchange a butterfly for?
3. Which contestant is from Mexico?
4. What does the MC say that Latin women are the best of?
5. Who is Senorita #3 described as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Guerrillera tell the Martyrs? What does she convince them to do?
2. Why does the girl who Miss Commonwealth speaks of always smile?
3. Who is the second contestant in the beauty pageant? Where is she from?
4. How does Don Jose react when the Midwife tells him he has a daughter?
5. What does the Chaperone give to the Senoritas? What do they do after this?
6. What do the Senoritas and the Nun do when one of the Senoritas confesses to going "all the way"?
7. Who enters with the Priest? What do they do?
8. What does Miss Chili Tamale say is her dream? Why?
9. What does the Man tell the Researcher that his wife does all day?
10. What does the Man enter and ask the Martyrs about in Act 2? What is their response?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)