|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Little Miss Havana say took away everything her family had?
(a) The Russians.
(b) Fidel Castro.
(c) President Carter.
(d) President Kennedy.
2. What does Maria la O do in her scene with the Beauty Queen?
(a) Puts on makeup.
(b) Removes her makeup.
(c) Changes into a nightgown.
(d) Changes into lingerie.
3. Who does Senorita #1 resemble?
(a) Carmen Miranda.
(b) Iris Chacon.
(d) Lucy Diaz.
4. What does the Midwife say that Don Jose has gone to do?
(a) Shoot his son.
(b) Get drunk.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Shoot his wife.
5. What does Don Jose throw in Act 1?
(a) His cigar.
(b) His hat.
(c) His shoe.
(d) His cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maria la O's profession?
2. What does the MC say that Latin women are the best of?
3. How old was the Beauty Queen when she entered her first contest?
4. What do you need to catch a man, according to Miss Commonwealth?
5. Who enters while Don Jose is pacing in Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Midwife tell Maria la O as she is leaving? Why?
2. What is "The Wedding Song" about? Who sings it?
3. How does Catch Woman 3 use her eyes to attract a man?
4. What does Maria la O do in her scene? What does she complain about?
5. What do the Women speak of hearing while they dance in Act 2?
6. What do the Senoritas and the Nun do when one of the Senoritas confesses to going "all the way"?
7. What does the Daughter want to do? What does her mother say?
8. What does Woman 3 do at the beginning of Act 2? What is her song about?
9. In what state is the Girl in the last scene of the play? How do the Women react to her?
10. What does Martyr 2 say about the light in her eyes?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)