|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song plays for the contestant from Mexico?
(a) "Chimichurri Salsa."
(b) "Mexican National Anthem."
(c) "Burritos a la Grande."
(d) "Alla en el Rancho Grande."
2. Which contestant is from Mexico?
(a) Miss Taco Grande.
(b) Miss Chicarita.
(c) Miss Chili Tamale.
(d) Miss Mexico City.
3. What does the Beauty Queen say that she does every day?
(a) Bathes her dog.
(b) Waxes her legs.
(c) Straightens her hair.
(d) Washes dishes.
4. What does Maria la O do in her scene with the Beauty Queen?
(a) Puts on makeup.
(b) Changes into lingerie.
(c) Removes her makeup.
(d) Changes into a nightgown.
5. According to the Midwife, what does a woman with a serious face have?
(a) No joy.
(b) No future.
(c) Serious thoughts.
(d) No children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Little Miss Havana's current assets?
2. Who does the MC introduce as from the sandy beaches of Florida?
3. How many contests has the Beauty Queen won?
4. Where does Woman 2 say the women have given birth?
5. What does the Girl make her face up to look like in Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character Little Miss Havana. What are her assets?
2. Who is Miss Commonwealth? What does she sing about? What are her goals?
3. What does the Guerrillera tell the Martyrs? What does she convince them to do?
4. What is "The Wedding Song" about? Who sings it?
5. How does Don Jose react when the Midwife tells him he has a daughter?
6. What do the Women do to the Girl in the last scene? What do they tell her?
7. What will Don Jose do if his wife has a son?
8. What does Martyr 2 say about the light in her eyes?
9. What is the trick that Catch Woman 2 tells the Girl as to getting a man?
10. How does Catch Woman 3 use her eyes to attract a man?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)