|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I have been invented for a photograph"?
(a) Woman 3.
(b) The MC.
(c) The Mother.
(d) Woman 1.
2. What does the Beauty Queen say that she does every day?
(a) Bathes her dog.
(b) Waxes her legs.
(c) Straightens her hair.
(d) Washes dishes.
3. Who says, "No one knows me. They see me passing by, but they don't know me. They don't see me"?
(a) Maria la O.
(b) Woman 1.
(c) The Girl.
(d) Woman 3.
4. Who enters singing at the end of the Midwife's speech in Act 1?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Martyrs.
(c) The Nun.
(d) The Senoritas.
5. In the song the Senoritas sing, what do they have in their souls?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jose want in Act 1?
2. What song plays for Little Miss Havana's entrance?
3. What does the Beauty Queen want to be discovered and become?
4. What does Little Miss Havana wear?
5. Who does the MC introduce as from the sandy beaches of Florida?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Gurrillera tell the Martyrs they must do before the meeting? What do they do?
2. Who "catches" the Man, of the Catch Women? What does the Girl do after they exit?
3. What do the Women speak of hearing while they dance in Act 2?
4. What does the Man tell the Researcher that his wife does all day?
5. What do the Women do to the Girl in the last scene? What do they tell her?
6. What does the Midwife say about a butterfly? What would she trade a butterfly for?
7. Why does Martyr 2 hold her side? Why is she in pain?
8. Who is the third contestant in the beauty pageant? What does she sing about? What has been her goal?
9. What titles has the Beauty Queen held? What is her dream?
10. Who enters as the Girl is mimicking the Catch Women? What does she say?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)