|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the Midwife exchange a butterfly for?
(a) A permanent laugh.
(b) A mother.
(c) A permanent smile.
(d) A baby.
2. Who is Senorita #2 dressed as?
(a) Carmen Miranda.
(b) Isabella Charcon.
(d) Iris Chacon.
3. What does Little Miss Havana wear?
(a) A clown costume.
(b) An evening gown.
(c) A nurse's uniform.
(d) A string of pearls.
4. Who is Senorita #3 described as?
(a) Carmen Miranda.
(b) Isabella Chacon.
(c) Iris Chacon.
(d) Lucy Diaz.
5. In the song the Senoritas sing, what do they have in their souls?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first song the Senoritas sing in Act 1?
2. Who says, "The girl who had never seen the ocean decided one day to see it"?
3. What is Miss Commonwealth's name?
4. What does the Girl do during the Midwife's second monologue?
5. Whose full name is Fina de la Garza del Vedado y Miramar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Women do to the Girl in the last scene? What do they tell her?
2. Why does the girl who Miss Commonwealth speaks of always smile?
3. What does the Daughter want to do? What does her mother say?
4. What does the Chaperone give to the Senoritas? What do they do after this?
5. What does the Guerrillera tell the Martyrs? What does she convince them to do?
6. What do the Women combine to say about their daughters in the end of Act 2?
7. What do the Women speak of hearing while they dance in Act 2?
8. In what state is the Girl in the last scene of the play? How do the Women react to her?
9. What do the Women see in each other at the end of the play? What does the Girl do?
10. What does the Chaperone do when the Man asks the Girl to dance? What does she do when he dances too close?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)