|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother say about being a woman?
(a) It is a joy.
(b) It is a glorious thing.
(c) It is a sin.
(d) It is a dangerous, deadly adventure.
2. What does the "light in her eyes" symbolize in the Martyr scene?
(a) A hope.
(b) A love.
(c) A beauty.
(d) A flickering death wish.
3. What does the Man give to the Senoritas in the dance scene?
4. In the Guerrillera and Women's song, who will sweep the floor?
5. What happens to the Nun at the end of the church scene?
(a) She weeps.
(b) She faints.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She runs away.
6. What does the Nun say that a woman must be?
7. Who says, "I hear the sound of water in a shower, splattering against the tiles where a woman lies dead"?
(a) The Mother.
(b) The Girl.
(c) Woman 1.
(d) Woman 2.
8. What did Senorita 3's sister do three days before Christmas?
(a) Cried to death.
(b) Lit herself on fire.
(c) Ran away to find the Man.
(d) Shot herself.
9. What is Catch Woman 1's method of catching a man?
(a) Cook for him.
(b) Slap him.
(c) Hypnotize him.
(d) Make him jealous.
10. What does the Father tell the Daughter when she asks to go out?
(a) To go and have fun.
(b) To raise many children.
(c) To get married.
(d) To learn to cook and sew.
11. Who says, "I look for myself and I can't find me. I only find someone else's idea of me"?
(d) Woman 3.
12. Who says, "Let your blood erase your sinful thoughts! You may still be saved"?
(a) The Mother.
(b) The Priest.
(c) The Father.
(d) The Nun.
13. Who talks about the light in her eyes in the Martyr scene?
(b) Martyr 2.
(c) Martyr 3.
14. What is the name of the song the Man sings while the Catch Women dance around him?
(a) "They Cook for Me."
(b) "They Clean for Me."
(c) "They Love Me."
(d) "They Do It All for Me."
15. What does Catch Woman 3 give to the Man?
(a) A ring.
(b) A massage.
(d) A slap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Senorita 2 say the Man did every weekend?
2. In the Guerrillera and Women's song, who is "fat and pregnant"?
3. How far is the field where the Man's wife brings him lunch every day?
4. What is name of the woman who jumps in the song sung by the Senoritas in Act 2?
5. What does the Nun carry?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)