* Don Jose paces, expecting the birth of his first child. He desperately wants a son.
* The Midwife rushes in to congratulate him on the birth of a brand new baby girl.
* Don Jose is disgusted and walks off to get drunk.
* A chorus of four Beautiful Senoritas enters, singing a song.
* Maria La O, one of the Beautiful Senoritas, retires to her dressing room, removing her makeup.
* She makes only forty extra dollars a week for her singing and dancing, but she needs the money.
* The Beauty Queen enters, saying she is off to yet another beauty contest.
* She has amassed numerous small titles and is sure that one day she will become a movie star.
* Maria La O decides to join her.
* The Girl enters Maria La O's dressing room and plays with the makeup.
* The Midwife appears and reminds Maria La O not to...
This section contains 1,453 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)