|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enlightenment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nietzsche proclaimed that God ____________.
(a) Was in hiding.
(b) Was dead.
(c) Is in all things.
(d) Never existed.
2. Other religious traditions such as the Buddhist tradition insist that the Absolute is ______________.
(a) An intrinsic part of human nature.
(b) A human being.
(c) A separate entity.
3. The development of conflicting philosophies of the nature and existence of God took place against the backdrop of ____________.
(a) The Fourth Crusade.
(b) The Third Crusade.
(c) The Second Crusade.
(d) The First Crusade.
4. Bernard's influence outshone that of ____________.
(a) The bourgeoisie.
(b) Other priests.
(c) The Jews and Muslims.
(d) Pope Eugene II and King Louis VII of France.
5. Western secularism and the rising dominance of industrialized European countries had a profound effect on ____________.
(c) The environment.
(d) The Muslim religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In other parts of the Muslim Empire, the Mongol invasion led to ____________.
2. What became clear to Muhammad regarding the majority of Jews in Medina?
3. In 1626, a wealthy Sephardic Jew in Symrna, called Shabbetai Zevi, started a movement in which he declared ____________.
4. What did this mystical tradition describe?
5. Was tolerance of other religions was evident in Christian Spain?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)