|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enlightenment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose preaching resulted in the belief that the newly emerging religion could and should be embraced by the Gentiles?
(a) St. Peter's.
(b) St. Thomas Aquinas's.
(c) St. Simon's.
(d) St. Paul's.
2. How is the Kabah regarded?
(a) As the most important religious book in Arabia.
(b) As the most important shrine in Arabia.
(c) As the most important temple in Arabia.
(d) As the most important prayer in Arabia.
3. The earliest account of this man's life is found ____________.
(a) In the Gospel of St Mark.
(b) In the Gospel of St. Luke.
(c) In the Gospel of St. Matthew.
(d) In the Gospel of St. John.
4. In 312 CE, the emperor Constantine _____________.
(a) Tortured Christians.
(b) Threatened to have the Christians exiled.
(c) Attended his first mass.
(d) Converted to Christianity.
5. After the first three years, Muhammad's message transformed into _______________.
(a) Al-Lah, the High God, is only for Muslims.
(b) Al-Lah, the High God, is the most powerful of all gods.
(c) Al-Lah, the High God, precluded worship of the ancient cults.
(d) Al-Lah, the High God, is the same God as the Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christianity became the state religion of ___________.
2. Kabbalists used _______________ between the essence of God and the God who is revealed by the reality of creation.
3. What is a spiritual longing for the redemption of Israel as foretold by the ancient prophets?
4. Many educated non-Christians were becoming impressed by ____________.
5. In this chapter Karen Armstrong deals with the dramatic rise of a charismatic faith healer in North Palestine. Who is this man?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)