|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enlightenment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bernard?
(a) The Pope of the Roman Catholic Church.
(b) The abbot of the Cistercian Abby of Clairvaux in Burgundy.
(c) An archbishop in the Roman Catholic Church.
(d) A popular priest in Paris.
2. In the same spirit of tolerance and acceptance, what formed an important part of policies of the Moghul emperor in 1560?
(a) Muslim sects.
(b) Muslim beliefs.
(c) Muslim customs.
(d) Non-Muslim religions.
3. The effect of this behavior towards Jewish people was ____________.
(a) To evoke a new form of Kabbalism.
(b) To begin Kabbalism.
(c) To end Kabbalism.
(d) To return to a traditional form of Kabbalism.
4. In 622 CE, accepting an invitation from the inhabitants of Yathrib, Muhammad and his followers migrated to ______.
(a) What is the modern city of Medina to the north of Mecca.
(b) What is the modern city of Cairo.
(c) What is the modern city of Baghdad.
(d) What is the modern city of Jerusalem.
5. What movement does Armstrong identify as a possible direction for a new philosophy for religion and God?
(a) The Quaker movement.
(b) The Orthodox Jewish movement.
(c) The Christian Fundamentalist movement.
(d) The Islamic movement of the Falsufahs.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Romans, initially regarded Christianity as _____________.
2. Initially, Muhammad's message was to warn the Quraysh about ____________.
3. The development of conflicting philosophies of the nature and existence of God took place against the backdrop of ____________.
4. Even by that time the historical facts were being overlaid with mythical elements, which did ___________.
5. What two philosophers had competing ideas regarding the nature of the Christian God?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)