|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A God for Reformers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the belief stated in this doctrine?
(a) The world was created by man.
(b) The world was created by God in seven days.
(c) The world was created by God from nothing.
(d) The world was created by accident.
2. The effect of this behavior towards Jewish people was ____________.
(a) To evoke a new form of Kabbalism.
(b) To begin Kabbalism.
(c) To end Kabbalism.
(d) To return to a traditional form of Kabbalism.
3. By 1492, the last Muslim stronghold in Spain had fallen to ____________.
(a) The Christian forces of Constantine.
(b) The Christian forces of Franz Ferdinand.
(c) The Christian forces of Ferdinand and Isabella.
(d) The Christian forces of Pope John Paul.
4. Thomas Aquinas made a lasting contribution to Western Christianity by trying to synthesize ____________.
(a) Greek and Buddhist philosophy.
(b) Muslim and Greek philosophy.
(c) Augustine and Muslim philosophy.
(d) Augustine and Greek philosophy.
5. Despite the conservatism occasioned by the rise of _____________ and the suppression of independent reasoning in the Sunni madrasahs, scholars, such as Mulla Sadr (ca 1571-1640), taught a philosophy that fused metaphysics and spirituality.
(a) The Shariah laws.
(b) The Messiah laws.
(c) The Shari laws.
(d) The Muslim laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. A counter movement came into being when the Shiis declared ____________.
2. In 1492, what happened when 150,000 Jews refused baptism?
3. What tribe was Muhammad a member of?
4. What became clear to Muhammad regarding the majority of Jews in Medina?
5. At this synod, the modern Christian creed, called ________ was first promulgated.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)