|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Light to the Gentiles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was this account written?
(a) One hundred years after Jesus' death.
(b) Eighty years after Jesus' death.
(c) Ten years after Jesus' death.
(d) Forty years after Jesus' death.
2. In 312 CE, the emperor Constantine _____________.
(a) Converted to Christianity.
(b) Attended his first mass.
(c) Threatened to have the Christians exiled.
(d) Tortured Christians.
3. Christianity was a religion of __________.
(c) Slaves and lower caste people.
(d) The wealthy.
4. It was after his execution as a common criminal that Jesus' followers decided _____________.
(a) That he should not have died.
(b) That he was not the Son of God.
(c) That he was only a man.
(d) That he was divine.
5. After the synod, confusion still reigned in the Christian church with a competing philosophy developing at ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many educated non-Christians were becoming impressed by ____________.
2. Other religious traditions such as the Buddhist tradition insist that the Absolute is ______________.
3. The question that was resolved at a synod was called by the Emperor Constantine at __________.
4. At this synod, the modern Christian creed, called ________ was first promulgated.
5. In this chapter Karen Armstrong deals with the dramatic rise of a charismatic faith healer in North Palestine. Who is this man?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)