|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Light to the Gentiles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christianity became the state religion of ___________.
(a) The Roman Empire.
(b) The Persian Empire.
(c) The Ottoman Empire.
2. Other religious traditions such as the Buddhist tradition insist that the Absolute is ______________.
(a) A human being.
(b) A separate entity.
(c) An intrinsic part of human nature.
3. The concept of a Divine Trinity is largely the result of the teachings of ____________.
4. The Greek influence on theology formed the core of the idea of ____________.
(a) Manifest Destiny.
(b) Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
(c) A Divine Trinity.
(d) God the Father.
5. In this chapter Karen Armstrong deals with the dramatic rise of a charismatic faith healer in North Palestine. Who is this man?
Short Answer Questions
1. It was after his execution as a common criminal that Jesus' followers decided _____________.
2. After the synod, confusion still reigned in the Christian church with a competing philosophy developing at ________.
3. In 312 CE, the emperor Constantine _____________.
4. The emergence of the cult of Jesus from the established church of Judaism was accompanied by passionate dispute, and many disciples of Jesus ____________.
5. This competing philosophy formed the basis of the theology of __________.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)