|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What female philosopher is named as a female dandy?
2. The author says there is a great element of _____ involved in sending mixed signals.
3. What is repression a result of?
(a) The values of family and friends.
(b) Combinations of childhood and adult experiences.
(c) Religious beliefs.
4. The morning after the tryst with the married woman in "Master the Art of Insinuation" , who advises and releases the young man?
(a) The young man's other lover.
(b) The servants.
(c) The married woman.
(d) The husband.
5. With men who are Rakes, the harder a woman is to get, the what?
(a) Harder he will try.
(b) Less he will try.
(c) More frustrated he becomes.
(d) More angry he becomes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author says that the art of seduction leads to justified _____ or to _____ pertaining to people's social behaviors.
2. What group, according to the author, might experience some chaos at times about where they have been placed professionally?
3. What is Casanova's counterpart famous for?
4. Who is included as an example of someone who abandons personal dreams for the purpose of fulfilling society's needs and aspirations?
5. What does the author suggest is deceptive to emphasize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about the relationship between the world leader and the journalist described in Chapter 7, "Enter Their Spirit"?
2. How does Lou Andreas Salome create triangles in Chapter 4?
3. Describe how Marlene Dietrich developed a method of success that was unlike most other women in the theater.
4. What value does the author give in knowing Anti-Seducer traits?
5. What qualities does the author attribute to a Natural seducer?
6. Why does the author say a seducer should never try to seduce his or her own type?
7. Describe a "demonic seducer" from The Charismatic chapter of the text.
8. How is insinuation used in the Chapter 6 story of the married woman who has an affair with a younger man?
9. Describe the "magnet and steel effect" that is discussed in Book 2: Chapter 3.
10. What challenges does the author name that women face in positioning themselves in business?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)