|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What quality does the target have that makes the seducer want to indulge him or her?
(a) The target is bossy.
(b) The target is irresistible.
(c) The target is spiritual.
(d) The target is intimidating.
2. The author says that Andy Warhol retained an aura of _____, regardless of whether or not he _____.
(a) Sadness/Was happy.
(b) Mystery/Wanted to.
(d) Creativity/Deserved it.
3. What does President Kennedy partially use to win over the masses?
(b) Basic theatre skills.
(c) Magic tricks.
4. The author warns readers that _____ is a danger to _____ in seduction.
(a) Falling in love/Variety.
(c) A spouse/Happiness.
5. The author compares indirect approaches of seduction to what?
(a) Military strategy.
(b) Martial arts.
(c) Playing chess.
(d) Jumping rope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do seducers partly do through seduction?
2. What is the Ideal Lover a blend of?
3. In one case in Chapter 8, it is revealed that Don Juan is only attracted to what type of women?
4. In the chapter "Master the Art of Insinuation", who is unaware of the affair of the married woman that the author illustrates?
5. According to the author, what is charm a combination of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author describe Andy Warhol as a cold Coquette?
2. What is unusual about the relationship between the world leader and the journalist described in Chapter 7, "Enter Their Spirit"?
3. What challenges does the author name that women face in positioning themselves in business?
4. What does the author say might cause an Ideal Lover relationship to collapse?
5. How is insinuation used in the Chapter 6 story of the married woman who has an affair with a younger man?
6. Describe Casanova's counterpart, Charpillon as described in Chapter 8.
7. According to the author, what makes the Rake a decidedly masculine figure?
8. How does the author's statement about habitual affection between spouses contradict other statements about seduction?
9. In The Charismatic, how does Rasputin, the peasant, show his Charismatic qualities?
10. Describe the female Dandy.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)