|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is repression a result of?
(b) The values of family and friends.
(c) Combinations of childhood and adult experiences.
(d) Religious beliefs.
2. What seductive power does Lawrence use on his friends?
(a) He plays on his physical beauty.
(b) He throws fabulous parties.
(c) He creates triangles.
(d) He criticizes them.
3. What does Don Juan tell a woman to convince her to run away with him?
(a) He says that he has changed.
(b) He says that he will buy her anything.
(c) He says that it will be good for her career.
(d) He says the police are after him.
4. What female philosopher is named as a female dandy?
5. What is a great indirect approach to creating a false sense of security?
(a) Making an effort to befriend a target.
(b) Promising to call after a date.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Telling the person there is hope for romance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What modern group best represents the Star archetype?
2. What type of people does the author say are virtually impossible to seduce?
3. The author compares indirect approaches of seduction to what?
4. Why is Genji sent away?
5. What is the Ideal Lover a blend of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Madame Recamier send mixed signals in Book 2: Chapter 3?
2. Describe the ruse that Don Juan's victim devises in Chapter 8, "Create Temptation".
3. What challenges does the author name that women face in positioning themselves in business?
4. How does the author describe Napoleon's use of insinuation?
5. Describe how Marlene Dietrich developed a method of success that was unlike most other women in the theater.
6. According to the author, what makes the Rake a decidedly masculine figure?
7. Describe a "demonic seducer" from The Charismatic chapter of the text.
8. How does the author's statement about habitual affection between spouses contradict other statements about seduction?
9. Describe "the wound" from Chapter 5, "Create a Need: Stir Anxiety & Discomfort".
10. What does the author say is required for one to indulge another?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)