|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Anti-Seducer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Coquette, how is the wife that the author describes cold?
(a) She refuses the companionship that her husband repeatedly asks for.
(b) She complains about his friends, when he is clearly lonely.
(c) She ignores her husband when he talks to her.
(d) She says she would prefer the company of generals than her husband.
2. What does the author suggest is deceptive to emphasize?
3. What worked "like a charm" in the Madame's relationship with the King?
(a) She spread rumors about the other women.
(b) She learned to cook all of his favorite meals.
(c) She nurtured herself and the King.
(d) She only said kind things to him.
4. What word does the author use to describe people who are impervious to attempts to charm them?
5. What activities gave Krishnamurti a perception of power?
(a) Hosting parties and traveling to exotic places.
(b) Running and yoga.
(c) Years of discipline and study.
(d) Political organizing and campaining.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was "the trick," that the author describes, that was used against Cleopatra?
2. What man is discussed in The Coquette, whose love distracts him from his other activities?
3. What does Rasputin, the poor peasant, call the well-off?
4. What female philosopher is named as a female dandy?
5. What career are Charismatic types "ideal" for?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)