|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did working-class organizers promise the workers, as the gap between rich and poor grew wider?
2. How was the European population changing that made it possible for art to flourish during the Age of Revolution?
3. What did the new view hold that was spreading through Europe?
4. What was the one nation Hobsbawm says could have been considered industrialized in 1848?
5. What caused the middle class ideology to decline, in Hobsbawm's account?
Essay Topic 1
Was the secularization of European culture a benefit or a disadvantage of industrialization? Was it simply a transition, as people found their religion in other places? What functions had religion served that were now served by other, secular developments?
Essay Topic 2
Revolutions took place for years after the French Revolution, some successful, some not. How would you characterize the legacy of the French Revolution in these other revolutions? Were these revolutions independent occurrences? Were they inspired by or in any way caused by the French Revolution? Or, were they merely reactions against the same cultural developments that had happened in France?
Essay Topic 3
What was the role of the Jews in the Industrial Revolution and French Revolution? How did they participate in the transformation of European society? How did they benefit by it? How was their experience different than other groups' experiences?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)