Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Hobsbawm say that religion was still useful?
2. What did the land have to be turned into before it could be developed economically, in Hobsbawm's opinion?
3. What was increasing at the same time that the railroads were expanding in the 1830s?
4. How were Charles Dickens' novels connected to the politics of Dickens' time, in Hobsbawm's account?
5. How were the working classes influenced by religion after the French Revolution?
Was the secularization of European culture a benefit or a disadvantage of industrialization? Was it simply a transition, as people found their religion in other places? What functions had religion served that were now served by other, secular developments?
Make a brief time line of the changes that were taking place in America from 1789 to 1848. How was the shape of the nation changing? How were the politics changing, and the arts and technology?
Write a detailed review of "The Age of Revolution". What are the book's main themes and preoccupations? What are its methods? How does it achieve its intentions? Where does it fail to?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)