Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Hobsbawm say that religion was still useful?
2. What did the land have to be turned into before it could be developed economically, in Hobsbawm's opinion?
3. What was increasing at the same time that the railroads were expanding in the 1830s?
4. How were Charles Dickens' novels connected to the politics of Dickens' time, in Hobsbawm's account?
5. How were the working classes influenced by religion after the French Revolution?
What was the role of the Jews in the Industrial Revolution and French Revolution? How did they participate in the transformation of European society? How did they benefit by it? How was their experience different than other groups' experiences?
Make a brief time line of the changes that were taking place in America from 1789 to 1848. How was the shape of the nation changing? How were the politics changing, and the arts and technology?
What are Hobsbawm's historiographical priorities? What historiographical methods characterize his work? What themes is he interested in? How does he explore them? Compare this work (or contrast it) with other works of history you have read.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)