|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Jews particularly well-suited to take advantage of opportunities to join the new middle class?
(a) They were already largely urbanized.
(b) They were typically well-versed in science and technology.
(c) They lived in centers of trade.
(d) They were established financiers.
2. The most industrialized countries saw more and more adherents of what religion?
(c) Folk religion.
3. Which author did NOT rise to prominence during the Age of Revolution?
4. How was Beethoven's Eroica connected to the politics of Beethoven's time, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) It was dedicated to Napoleon.
(b) It glorified conquest.
(c) It contained cannons.
(d) Beethoven had been deafened by cannon fire before he wrote it.
5. What was increasing at the same time that the railroads were expanding in the 1830s?
Short Answer Questions
1. What capability was open to the middle class, as a result of the age of revolutions, that was not open before the revolutions?
2. What contribution does Hobsbawm say the French Revolution made to the arts?
3. How did the people in political power react to middle class ideology, in Hobsbawm's account?
4. Based on these landmarks, what were the dates of the beginning and the peak of middle class ideology?
5. What began to develop as industrialism developed in Europe?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)