|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Mozart's Magic Flute connected to the politics of Mozart's time, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) It promoted repression of revolution.
(b) It promoted revolution.
(c) It promoted Freemasonry.
(d) It promoted Jacobinism.
2. What was increasing at the same time that the railroads were expanding in the 1830s?
3. How does Hobsbawm describe the traditional system of agriculture?
(a) As a hindrance to economic growth.
(b) As the foundation for industrialism.
(c) As a legacy of improvements.
(d) As a backwards set of superstitions.
4. What did France produce as other countries' economies changed?
(a) A full range of products.
(b) Common goods for its domestic market.
(c) Luxury goods for export.
(d) Raw materials for export.
5. What state were other economies in 1848?
(a) They were refining slave-based production methods.
(b) They were still linked to agriculture.
(c) They were developing politically.
(d) They were building the foundations for modern agricultural techniques.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which religion was expanding from Turkey through Africa and to the east?
2. What does Hobsbawm say had to happen to the land before its economic potential could be unleashed?
3. What was the consequence of British land reforms in India?
4. What distinguished the new class of workers that emerged in the Age of Revolution?
5. How did this social structure change in the years after the Napoleonic Wars?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)