|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cause did Russia and Britain disagree over after the French Revolution?
(a) The independence of Greece.
(b) The independence of Finland.
(c) The independence of Poland.
(d) The independence of Turkey.
2. What happened that fostered nationalist movements in the Balkans?
(a) The Turks invaded, uniting the Balkan states against them.
(b) Greeks began to flee to the Balkans to get away from the fighting in Greece.
(c) The Russians opened trade with the Balkan areas.
(d) The Greeks attained independence and fixed borders.
3. What were the dates of the Napoleonic Wars?
4. Who does Hobsbawm say the revolutionary groups saw as the beneficiaries of their third wave of revolutions?
(a) The merchants of the world.
(b) Radicals and revolutionaries everywhere.
(c) All common people everywhere.
(d) Marx and Ricardo.
5. The merchant class was situated between what and what, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Farmers and craftsmen.
(b) Industrial labor and aristocrats.
(c) Political theory and practice.
(d) Part-time craftsmen and markets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which religions gained adherents after the French Revolution?
2. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
3. Which form of rebellion did the working poor NOT engage in?
4. In what respect does Hobsbawm say that Britain was well-situated as industrialism expanded?
5. What was a consequence of the emergence of a new class of people in European society?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)