|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Jews particularly well-suited to take advantage of opportunities to join the new middle class?
(a) They lived in centers of trade.
(b) They were already largely urbanized.
(c) They were established financiers.
(d) They were typically well-versed in science and technology.
2. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
(a) In warehouses.
(b) In the market.
(c) At home.
(d) In communal workshops.
3. What trend was Hobsbawm looking for in revolts and revolutions?
(b) Local traditions.
4. Which areas were best connected, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) The farm country.
(b) The seacoasts.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The islands.
5. Which market supplied raw materials for the cotton trade?
(d) Britain's colonies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the working poor treated with contempt as a new social structure evolved in Europe?
2. How did many countries impose this transformation of land use on the people?
3. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
4. What were the dates of the Napoleonic Wars?
5. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)