|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Hobsbawm say that religion was still useful?
(a) As a prop to secure the middle class.
(b) As nostalgia for an earlier golden age.
(c) As propaganda to build nationalism.
(d) As propaganda to justify xenophobia.
2. What was the political ideology behind the organizers' promises to the working poor?
3. Where did Russia expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
(c) The Caucasus.
4. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world of 1789 was bigger than today?
(a) Hobsbawm says that people were bigger than today.
(b) Hobsbawm says that much of the Earth was still unexplored.
(c) Hobsbawm says that distances seemed much bigger than today.
(d) Hobsbawm says that the population was bigger than today.
5. In Hobsbawm's account, what did the peasantry gain by land reforms sweeping the globe in the mid-1800s?
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the working classes influenced by religion after the French Revolution?
2. According to Hobsbawm, what characterized conditions in the neighborhoods of the working poor?
3. When, in Hobsbawm's opinion, did the rate of change begin to increase quickly?
4. What cause did Russia and Britain disagree over after the French Revolution?
5. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)