|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fell away as industrialism developed in Europe?
(b) Sons following into their fathers' professions.
2. What does Hobsbawm say is the dual root of nationalism in Europe?
(a) The French Revolution and the Industrial Revolution.
(b) The destruction of the French Revolution and the population explosion.
(c) The population explosion and the railroad.
(d) New trade routes and peace after the war.
3. Why didn't France invade any territories after the French Revolution?
(a) The price of reintroducing Jacobinism was too high.
(b) The country was burdened with too much debt.
(c) The country was struggling with internal dissensions.
(d) The government could not raise an army large enough for any invasions.
4. What did France produce as other countries' economies changed?
(a) Luxury goods for export.
(b) Common goods for its domestic market.
(c) A full range of products.
(d) Raw materials for export.
5. What was the political ideology behind the organizers' promises to the working poor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What tool did the upper classes use to discriminate against the working poor?
2. What capability was open to the middle class, as a result of the age of revolutions, that was not open before the revolutions?
3. How does Hobsbawm say conditions for the working poor changed in the mid-1800s?
4. What did the monarchy do in response to France's financial crisis in the 1780s?
5. How does Hobsbawm describe the agrarian workers of the world?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)