|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hobsbawm's account, what did the peasantry gain by land reforms sweeping the globe in the mid-1800s?
2. The merchant class was situated between what and what, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Part-time craftsmen and markets.
(b) Industrial labor and aristocrats.
(c) Farmers and craftsmen.
(d) Political theory and practice.
3. What emerged in 1830, according to Hobsbawm's evaluation?
(a) Mechanisms for suppressing revolutions.
(b) State surveillance techniques.
(c) A self-identified working class.
(d) A permanently poor underclass.
4. The most industrialized countries saw more and more adherents of what religion?
(c) Folk religion.
5. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What cause did Russia and Britain disagree over after the French Revolution?
2. In what way, in Hobsbawm's account, did the nobility use religion?
3. In what way does Hobsbawm say that religion was still useful?
4. What began to emerge as production and industry grew in the early 1800s?
5. What state were other economies in 1848?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)