|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world of 1789 was bigger than today?
(a) Hobsbawm says that much of the Earth was still unexplored.
(b) Hobsbawm says that people were bigger than today.
(c) Hobsbawm says that distances seemed much bigger than today.
(d) Hobsbawm says that the population was bigger than today.
2. What was the status of the Catholic Church after the French Revolution?
(a) It was appealing to the peasantry more and more.
(b) It was declining.
(c) It was becoming more powerful.
(d) It was expanding.
3. What were the dates of the Napoleonic Wars?
4. What did the land have to be turned into before it could be developed economically, in Hobsbawm's opinion?
(a) Farmland again, after years of being battefields.
(b) Feudal domains.
(c) A tamed beast.
(d) A commodity that could be bought and sold.
5. The merchant class was situated between what and what, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Industrial labor and aristocrats.
(b) Part-time craftsmen and markets.
(c) Political theory and practice.
(d) Farmers and craftsmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the French state have a financial crisis in the 1780s?
2. What were the three paths for a member of the working poor during the mid-1800s?
3. What distinguished the new class of workers that emerged in the Age of Revolution?
4. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
5. In Hobsbawm's account, what did the peasantry gain by land reforms sweeping the globe in the mid-1800s?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)