|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) Britain and Russia.
(b) Russia, Prussia and Austria.
(c) All of Europe and Britain.
(d) Austria and Prussia.
2. Where were the French forces defeated in 1815?
3. What was the political ideology behind the organizers' promises to the working poor?
4. What was the consequence of French land reforms in North Africa, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) They created a discontented class of people who eventually revolted.
(b) They stripped away the wealth of the North African countries.
(c) They installed local officials as a new aristocracy.
(d) They brought civilization to North Africa for the first time.
5. Why, according to Hobsbawm, did land reform take place in France?
(a) Because of the Industrial Revolution.
(b) Because of the ravages of the Napoleonic Wars.
(c) Because of Napoleon's defeat in Russia.
(d) Because of the French Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the working poor treated with contempt as a new social structure evolved in Europe?
2. What possibility did this social structure open to French society?
3. Which market supplied raw materials for the cotton trade?
4. What did working-class organizers promise the workers, as the gap between rich and poor grew wider?
5. What area was affected by what Hobsbawm calls the third wave of revolutions?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)