|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hobsbawm's account, what did the peasantry gain by land reforms sweeping the globe in the mid-1800s?
2. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) The working classes.
(b) Merchants and investors.
(c) All strata of society invested in the railroads.
(d) Nobles and aristocrats.
3. Which religions gained adherents after the French Revolution?
(a) Paganism and Protestantism.
(b) Protestantism and folk religions.
(c) Islam and Protestantism.
(d) Hinduism and Islam.
4. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
(a) The bourgeoisie.
(b) The common people.
(c) The nobles.
(d) The merchants.
5. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
(a) The Marne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crucial event does Hobsbawm say took place during the period after the French Revolution?
2. What trend was Hobsbawm looking for in revolts and revolutions?
3. What cause did Russian and Britain support together after the French Revolution?
4. What were the three paths for a member of the working poor during the mid-1800s?
5. What was the new stance toward religion after the French Revolution?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)