|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
2. What was the state of science in the period after the French Revolution?
(a) It was still riddled with superstitions and religious stories.
(b) It still held that the world was flat.
(c) It was developing slowly behind philosophy and literature.
(d) It was advancing and clashing with the church.
3. What was changing in the role religion played in people's lives, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) It was expanding into poor neighborhoods.
(b) It was in general decline.
(c) It was becoming merely ceremonial.
(d) It was becoming more radical.
4. Which of the revolutions that took place in the first wave of revolutions after the French Revolution was NOT suppressed?
5. Which nation was the exception to the rule that Europe was ruled by absolute monarchs, in the late 1700s?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the international congress that ruled Europe called?
2. Where does Hobsbawm see a culture combining nationalism with the revolutionary spirit of the French Revolution?
3. What does Hobsbawm say revolutionary groups had in common across Europe in 1848?
4. What was the consequence of British land reforms in India?
5. What came to an end in 1830, according to Hobsbawm?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)