|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which class does Hobsbawm say published and circulated native-language publications?
(a) The universities.
(b) Local presses.
(c) Urban presses.
(d) Ex-patriate presses.
2. What group does Hobsbawm say typified the revolutionary groups that became active in 1848?
(a) The Luddites.
(b) The Carbonari.
(c) The Chartists.
(d) The Jacobins.
3. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
(a) The Marne.
4. Who dominated the Third Estate in the 1780s in France?
(a) Revolutionaries and radicals.
(b) The middle class.
(c) The working poor.
(d) The nobility.
5. What, in Hobsbawm's view, was the economic result of the French Revolution?
(a) It created room for new industries.
(b) It devastated the continent with non-stop fighting.
(c) It concentrated the refugee populations in cities, where they became workers.
(d) It ruined the means of production and created the possibility of socialism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where, according to Hobsbawm, did a national movement come from the masses?
2. What did the monarchy do in response to France's financial crisis in the 1780s?
3. What change does Hobsbawm say took place in the neighborhoods of the working poor?
4. Who does Hobsbawm say the revolutionary groups saw as the beneficiaries of their third wave of revolutions?
5. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)