|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Nobles and aristocrats.
(b) The working classes.
(c) Merchants and investors.
(d) All strata of society invested in the railroads.
2. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
3. What possibility did this social structure open to French society?
(a) It became a place where the monarch could appoint friends and supporters.
(b) It became a place where aristocrats could regain their property and standing.
(c) It became a place where talent could succeed regardless of wealth or birth.
(d) It became a place where new immigrants could attain citizenship.
4. How were the working classes influenced by religion after the French Revolution?
(a) The were less influenced by it than before.
(b) They found consolation in the church for their hard lives.
(c) They relied on it as another social service.
(d) They remained tithed to the church.
5. In what way does Hobsbawm say that religion was still useful?
(a) As propaganda to justify xenophobia.
(b) As a prop to secure the middle class.
(c) As propaganda to build nationalism.
(d) As nostalgia for an earlier golden age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the monarchy do in response to France's financial crisis in the 1780s?
2. How did the concept of nationalism spread through Europe?
3. What area was affected by what Hobsbawm calls the third wave of revolutions?
4. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
5. What was production freed from in the 1780s?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)