|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the idea that Hobsbawm says was developing after 1830 first take root?
(a) In the middle classes.
(b) In the bourgeoisie.
(c) In the destitute.
(d) In the working poor.
2. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
(a) "preparation for some of the greatest changes mankind would know."
(b) "the beginning of the modern age."
(c) "the most important event in world history."
(d) "the end of classical Europe."
3. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
(a) He was persecuted by it.
(b) He oversaw it.
(c) He incited the people to carry it out.
(d) He conceived the idea for it.
4. What quality distinguished the revolutions that took place in 1848 from earlier revolutions, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) They were spontaneous.
(b) They were planned.
(c) They were unsuccessful.
(d) They were non-violent.
5. What developed in other European countries, but not in France?
(c) An export market for luxury items.
(d) A market for common goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which nation was the exception to the rule that Europe was ruled by absolute monarchs, in the late 1700s?
2. How does Hobsbawm describe the traditional system of agriculture?
3. What did France produce as other countries' economies changed?
4. What was Chartism?
5. What did the French Revolution demonstrate to the rest of Europe?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)