|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When, in Hobsbawm's opinion, did the rate of change begin to increase quickly?
2. What happened that fostered nationalist movements in the Balkans?
(a) Greeks began to flee to the Balkans to get away from the fighting in Greece.
(b) The Greeks attained independence and fixed borders.
(c) The Russians opened trade with the Balkan areas.
(d) The Turks invaded, uniting the Balkan states against them.
3. How does Hobsbawm describe the traditional system of agriculture?
(a) As the foundation for industrialism.
(b) As a legacy of improvements.
(c) As a hindrance to economic growth.
(d) As a backwards set of superstitions.
4. What was the Code of Napoleon?
(a) The reform that abolished feudalism.
(b) The criminal law instituted by Napoleon.
(c) The bureaucratic system instituted in France.
(d) The currency policy that financed the Napoleonic wars.
5. What was the age of scientific and political progress in the 1700s called?
(a) The Enlightenment.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Romantic period.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinguished the new class of workers that emerged in the Age of Revolution?
2. Where does Hobsbawm see a culture combining nationalism with the revolutionary spirit of the French Revolution?
3. How did this social structure change in the years after the Napoleonic Wars?
4. What did working-class organizers promise the workers, as the gap between rich and poor grew wider?
5. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)