|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Europe was ruled by Britain, France, Austria, Prussia and which nation?
2. What motive does Hobsbawm say would have to motivate the new owners of the land, if the land were going to develop economically?
(b) The urge to power.
(c) Communist sympathy.
(d) The profit motive.
3. What did working-class organizers promise the workers, as the gap between rich and poor grew wider?
(a) Power to rule in the aristocrats' place, with all of the aristocrats' luxuries.
(b) Ownership of the means of production.
(c) A permanent change in society that recognized their importance as the source of all wealth.
(d) Equal representation in legislative and judiciary functions of government.
4. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
(a) With China and Indonesia.
(b) With Russia and Prussia.
(c) With its colonies.
(d) With France and Spain.
5. Why did the international congress among Europe's ruling nations dissolve after a few years?
(a) Its members launched an unsuccessful war together.
(b) It was replaced by another alliance.
(c) The interests of its main powers diverged.
(d) Its members conspired against each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a consequence of the emergence of a new class of people in European society?
2. What profession emerged in France as a result of Napoleon?
3. Where does Hobsbawm say the first wave of revolutions took place after the French Revolution?
4. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
5. Where was Chartism an active part of the political landscape?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)