|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
2. What social structure attended the profession that emerged in France as a result of Napoleon?
(a) A hierarchical bureaucracy.
(b) A plutocracy.
(c) A new aristocracy.
(d) An oligarchy.
3. Why did places that had not been conquered by France reform their land use, in Hobsbawm's opinion?
(a) They were afraid of their peasantry rising up.
(b) They were inspired by France's example.
(c) They didn't want to be left behind as other countries reformed.
(d) They saw the benefits of reforming land use.
4. How did the concept of nationalism spread through Europe?
(a) From France outward in every direction.
(b) From east to west.
(c) From west to east.
(d) From north to south.
5. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
(a) Placing competent men in bureaucratic positions.
(b) Selling government positions to noblemen.
(c) Persecuting heretics and dissenters.
(d) Ostracizing radicals and innovators.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which religions gained adherents after the French Revolution?
2. What did the land have to be turned into before it could be developed economically, in Hobsbawm's opinion?
3. Which nation led the others in industrialization?
4. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
5. What did France produce as other countries' economies changed?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)