|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the dates of the Napoleonic Wars?
2. What was Chartism?
(a) A movement to send workers to domesticate unexplored territories.
(b) A movement to abolish the monarchy in Prussia.
(c) A movement that called for election and parliamentary reform.
(d) A movement to unify the workers of the world.
3. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
(a) They helped turn over their wealth and the Church's wealth to the people.
(b) They organized resistance within France.
(c) They fled to other monarchies.
(d) They turned their estates into communes.
4. What was the consequence of British land reforms in India?
(a) Economic failure.
(b) Unprecedented efficiency.
(c) Guerilla warfare against the British.
(d) Decreased agricultural production.
5. What relationship had begun to dominate between landowners and farmers in England in the late 1700s?
(a) Landlord and tenant-farmer.
(b) Lord and vassal.
(c) Frontiersmen were opening new lands in Europe.
(d) Communal ownership.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hobsbawm say the first wave of revolutions took place after the French Revolution?
2. Why didn't France invade any territories after the French Revolution?
3. Why did the French state have a financial crisis in the 1780s?
4. What was the political ideology behind the organizers' promises to the working poor?
5. What contrast became very clear as industrialism developed in Europe?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)