|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which religion was expanding from Turkey through Africa and to the east?
2. What does Hobsbawm say had to happen to the land before its economic potential could be unleashed?
(a) The population needed to expand.
(b) The temperature of Europe had to rise one degree.
(c) The scientific understanding needed to evolve that would let farmers work the land more efficiently.
(d) It had to be freed from large owners.
3. What was a consequence of the emergence of a new class of people in European society?
(a) Religious freedom.
(b) Nostalgia for lost cultural heritage.
(c) Stricter government surveillance.
4. How does Hobsbawm say conditions for the working poor changed in the mid-1800s?
(a) He says that they became more and more sanitary over time.
(b) He says that they largely improved.
(c) He says that they were better regulated by the government.
(d) He says that they deteriorated.
5. What state were other economies in 1848?
(a) They were still linked to agriculture.
(b) They were developing politically.
(c) They were building the foundations for modern agricultural techniques.
(d) They were refining slave-based production methods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which form of rebellion did the working poor NOT engage in?
2. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
3. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
4. What did the monarchy do in response to France's financial crisis in the 1780s?
5. When does Hobsbawm say the second wave of revolutions took place?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)