|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nationalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cause did Russia and Britain disagree over after the French Revolution?
(a) The independence of Finland.
(b) The independence of Greece.
(c) The independence of Turkey.
(d) The independence of Poland.
2. Where did the second wave of revolutions take place?
(a) Albania and Romania.
(c) Turkey and Greece.
(d) Ireland and Poland.
3. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
(a) Selling government positions to noblemen.
(b) Persecuting heretics and dissenters.
(c) Placing competent men in bureaucratic positions.
(d) Ostracizing radicals and innovators.
4. Which areas were best connected, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) The seacoasts.
(b) The islands.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The farm country.
5. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The Industrial Revolution.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The ancient Greeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group does Hobsbawm say typified the revolutionary groups that became active in 1848?
2. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
3. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
4. Which nation led the others in industrialization?
5. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)