|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nationalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the dates of the Napoleonic Wars?
2. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
(a) Buy low, sell high.
(b) Buy locally, sell globally.
(c) Get big or die.
(d) Create a niche.
3. Who does Hobsbawm say rose to prominence financing the wars?
(a) The Barings and Rothschilds.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The Rockefellers.
4. Which areas were best connected, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) The seacoasts.
(b) The islands.
(c) The farm country.
(d) The mountains.
5. Where, according to Hobsbawm, did a national movement come from the masses?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
2. Where does Hobsbawm say the first wave of revolutions took place after the French Revolution?
3. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
4. What emerged in 1830, according to Hobsbawm's evaluation?
5. What happened that fostered nationalist movements in the Balkans?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)