|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nationalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the second wave of revolutions take place?
(a) Turkey and Greece.
(c) Ireland and Poland.
(d) Albania and Romania.
2. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
(a) Persecuting heretics and dissenters.
(b) Placing competent men in bureaucratic positions.
(c) Selling government positions to noblemen.
(d) Ostracizing radicals and innovators.
3. What came to an end in 1830, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Aristocratic political power.
(b) Local trade.
(c) Religious faith.
4. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world of 1789 was bigger than today?
(a) Hobsbawm says that people were bigger than today.
(b) Hobsbawm says that much of the Earth was still unexplored.
(c) Hobsbawm says that distances seemed much bigger than today.
(d) Hobsbawm says that the population was bigger than today.
5. Where does Hobsbawm say the first wave of revolutions took place after the French Revolution?
(a) In Asia.
(b) In the Mediterranean.
(c) In Eastern Europe.
(d) In the Americas.
Short Answer Questions
1. The merchant class was situated between what and what, in Hobsbawm's account?
2. When does Hobsbawm say the second wave of revolutions took place?
3. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
4. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
5. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)