|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nationalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the effect of the nobility trying to return to government in France?
(a) They weakened the government.
(b) They widened the gap between rich and poor.
(c) They inflamed tensions with the merchant class.
(d) They made the government more efficient.
2. Who dominated the Third Estate in the 1780s in France?
(a) The working poor.
(b) Revolutionaries and radicals.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The nobility.
3. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
4. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
(a) With its colonies.
(b) With Russia and Prussia.
(c) With China and Indonesia.
(d) With France and Spain.
5. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
(a) He oversaw it.
(b) He conceived the idea for it.
(c) He incited the people to carry it out.
(d) He was persecuted by it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the revolutions that took place in the first wave of revolutions after the French Revolution was NOT suppressed?
2. Which nation was the exception to the rule that Europe was ruled by absolute monarchs, in the late 1700s?
3. Where did the idea that Hobsbawm says was developing after 1830 first take root?
4. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
5. What was the international congress that ruled Europe called?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)