|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nationalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
(a) "the beginning of the modern age."
(b) "preparation for some of the greatest changes mankind would know."
(c) "the most important event in world history."
(d) "the end of classical Europe."
2. Where were the French forces defeated in 1815?
3. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
(a) The need for monopoly.
(b) The need to dominate trade routes.
(c) The need for profit.
(d) The need for mercantile power.
4. Why didn't France invade any territories after the French Revolution?
(a) The government could not raise an army large enough for any invasions.
(b) The price of reintroducing Jacobinism was too high.
(c) The country was struggling with internal dissensions.
(d) The country was burdened with too much debt.
5. Which class does Hobsbawm say published and circulated native-language publications?
(a) Urban presses.
(b) Local presses.
(c) The universities.
(d) Ex-patriate presses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where, according to Hobsbawm, did a national movement come from the masses?
2. Why did the international congress among Europe's ruling nations dissolve after a few years?
3. What does Hobsbawm say the major European powers agreed on after the French Revolution?
4. What came to an end in 1830, according to Hobsbawm?
5. Which market supplied raw materials for the cotton trade?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)