|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nationalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world of 1789 was bigger than today?
(a) Hobsbawm says that much of the Earth was still unexplored.
(b) Hobsbawm says that the population was bigger than today.
(c) Hobsbawm says that distances seemed much bigger than today.
(d) Hobsbawm says that people were bigger than today.
2. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
3. What was production freed from in the 1780s?
(a) The limitations imposed by limited raw materials.
(b) The limitations of earlier production techniques.
(c) The limitations imposed by years of war.
(d) The limitations imposed by population size.
4. What did the monarchy do in response to France's financial crisis in the 1780s?
(a) He borrowed from the merchants.
(b) He proposed new taxes.
(c) He called a States General.
(d) He outsourced the business of governing.
5. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
(a) The British House of Commons.
(b) The British House of Lords.
(c) The American Senate.
(d) The American House of Representatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
2. What idea does Hobsbawm say was just being developed after the turning point of 1830?
3. Who does Hobsbawm say rose to prominence financing the wars?
4. What does Hobsbawm say the major European powers agreed on after the French Revolution?
5. Which nation was the exception to the rule that Europe was ruled by absolute monarchs, in the late 1700s?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)