|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nationalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Hobsbawm say the second wave of revolutions took place?
2. Which nation was the exception to the rule that Europe was ruled by absolute monarchs, in the late 1700s?
3. What does Hobsbawm say revolts turned against in this period?
(a) Mercantile colonialism.
(b) Absentee landlords.
(c) Aristocratic rule.
(d) Alien rule.
4. What emerged in 1830, according to Hobsbawm's evaluation?
(a) State surveillance techniques.
(b) Mechanisms for suppressing revolutions.
(c) A self-identified working class.
(d) A permanently poor underclass.
5. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
(a) With China and Indonesia.
(b) With its colonies.
(c) With Russia and Prussia.
(d) With France and Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crucial event does Hobsbawm say took place during the period after the French Revolution?
2. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
3. What did revolutionaries see as the goal of their revolutions?
4. Why didn't disagreements between nations reach the level of international war?
5. Where does Hobsbawm say the first wave of revolutions took place after the French Revolution?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)