|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nationalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) France's war with Austria.
(b) France's war with Russia.
(c) France's war with Britain.
(d) France's war with Prussia.
2. What cause did Russia and Britain disagree over after the French Revolution?
(a) The independence of Greece.
(b) The independence of Finland.
(c) The independence of Poland.
(d) The independence of Turkey.
3. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Religion and philosophy.
(b) Science and commerce.
(c) Morality and ethics.
(d) Arts and music.
4. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) He says that many were not affected at all.
(b) He says that the wide areas were almost totally devastated. but some were left untouched.
(c) He says that almost everyone felt the effects in one way or another.
(d) He says that fighting was widespread throughout many regions.
5. What was the effect of the nobility trying to return to government in France?
(a) They inflamed tensions with the merchant class.
(b) They made the government more efficient.
(c) They widened the gap between rich and poor.
(d) They weakened the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the French forces defeated in 1815?
2. What does Hobsbawm say the major European powers agreed on after the French Revolution?
3. How large were the circles within which people moved in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
4. What was production freed from in the 1780s?
5. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)