|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nationalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the international congress among Europe's ruling nations dissolve after a few years?
(a) Its members conspired against each other.
(b) It was replaced by another alliance.
(c) Its members launched an unsuccessful war together.
(d) The interests of its main powers diverged.
2. What trend was Hobsbawm looking for in revolts and revolutions?
(c) Local traditions.
3. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
(a) Resistance to monarchy.
(b) Resistance to democracy.
(c) New forms of government.
(d) Freedom movements in the Catalan region.
4. How large were the circles within which people moved in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Smaller than today for some people, but larger for others.
(b) Much smaller than today.
(c) They were much more spread out.
(d) Much larger than today.
5. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What quality distinguished the revolutions that took place in 1848 from earlier revolutions, according to Hobsbawm?
2. Which nation was the exception to the rule that Europe was ruled by absolute monarchs, in the late 1700s?
3. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
4. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
5. In what did England lead Europe, in Hobsbawm's account?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)