|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nationalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
(a) In the navy.
(b) In the army.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) In the colonies.
2. Which areas were best connected, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) The farm country.
(b) The seacoasts.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The islands.
3. What relationship had begun to dominate between landowners and farmers in England in the late 1700s?
(a) Communal ownership.
(b) Frontiersmen were opening new lands in Europe.
(c) Landlord and tenant-farmer.
(d) Lord and vassal.
4. What trend was Hobsbawm looking for in revolts and revolutions?
(a) Local traditions.
5. Which nation was the exception to the rule that Europe was ruled by absolute monarchs, in the late 1700s?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the dates of the Napoleonic Wars?
2. What does Hobsbawm say the major European powers agreed on after the French Revolution?
3. Why didn't disagreements between nations reach the level of international war?
4. Where did the second wave of revolutions take place?
5. What cause did Russian and Britain support together after the French Revolution?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)