|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nationalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Europe was ruled by Britain, France, Austria, Prussia and which nation?
2. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world was smaller in 1789?
(a) Hobsbawm says that the population was smaller.
(b) Hobsbawm says that the families were smaller.
(c) Hobsbawm says that the Earth was smaller.
(d) Hobsbawm says that the cities were smaller.
3. What group does Hobsbawm say typified the revolutionary groups that became active in 1848?
(a) The Chartists.
(b) The Luddites.
(c) The Jacobins.
(d) The Carbonari.
4. Which market supplied raw materials for the cotton trade?
(a) Britain's colonies.
5. What emerged in 1830, according to Hobsbawm's evaluation?
(a) A permanently poor underclass.
(b) State surveillance techniques.
(c) Mechanisms for suppressing revolutions.
(d) A self-identified working class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm say is the dual root of nationalism in Europe?
2. Who does Hobsbawm say rose to prominence financing the wars?
3. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
4. Why didn't disagreements between nations reach the level of international war?
5. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)