|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nationalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what did England lead Europe, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Political freedoms.
(b) Raw material production.
(c) Per capita trade.
(d) Moral philosophy.
2. Where does Hobsbawm see a culture combining nationalism with the revolutionary spirit of the French Revolution?
3. What crucial event does Hobsbawm say took place during the period after the French Revolution?
(a) The discovery of Australia.
(b) The abolition of the slave trade.
(c) The development of paper currency.
(d) The invention of the cotton gin.
4. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
5. Which areas were best connected, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) The seacoasts.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The islands.
(d) The farm country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hobsbawm say the revolutionary groups saw as the beneficiaries of their third wave of revolutions?
2. What cause did Russian and Britain support together after the French Revolution?
3. What idea does Hobsbawm say was just being developed after the turning point of 1830?
4. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
5. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)