|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nationalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
(a) "the end of classical Europe."
(b) "the most important event in world history."
(c) "the beginning of the modern age."
(d) "preparation for some of the greatest changes mankind would know."
2. Europe was ruled by Britain, France, Austria, Prussia and which nation?
3. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Nobles and aristocrats.
(b) The working classes.
(c) Merchants and investors.
(d) All strata of society invested in the railroads.
4. What was the Code of Napoleon?
(a) The reform that abolished feudalism.
(b) The criminal law instituted by Napoleon.
(c) The bureaucratic system instituted in France.
(d) The currency policy that financed the Napoleonic wars.
5. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
(a) Buy low, sell high.
(b) Get big or die.
(c) Buy locally, sell globally.
(d) Create a niche.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm say revolts turned against in this period?
2. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
3. What were the dates of the Napoleonic Wars?
4. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
5. What did the monarchy do in response to France's financial crisis in the 1780s?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)