|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nationalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
(a) They helped turn over their wealth and the Church's wealth to the people.
(b) They organized resistance within France.
(c) They fled to other monarchies.
(d) They turned their estates into communes.
2. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
(a) In warehouses.
(b) In communal workshops.
(c) At home.
(d) In the market.
3. What cause did Russian and Britain support together after the French Revolution?
(a) The independence of Greece.
(b) The independence of Turkey.
(c) The independence of Poland.
(d) The independence of Finland.
4. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
(a) The ancient Greeks.
(b) The Industrial Revolution.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The French Revolution.
5. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world was smaller in 1789?
(a) Hobsbawm says that the Earth was smaller.
(b) Hobsbawm says that the cities were smaller.
(c) Hobsbawm says that the families were smaller.
(d) Hobsbawm says that the population was smaller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the effect of the nobility trying to return to government in France?
2. What emerged in 1830, according to Hobsbawm's evaluation?
3. Why didn't France invade any territories after the French Revolution?
4. What trend was Hobsbawm looking for in revolts and revolutions?
5. Which nation led the others in industrialization?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)