|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nationalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Code of Napoleon?
(a) The currency policy that financed the Napoleonic wars.
(b) The reform that abolished feudalism.
(c) The criminal law instituted by Napoleon.
(d) The bureaucratic system instituted in France.
2. What came to an end in 1830, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Aristocratic political power.
(b) Local trade.
(d) Religious faith.
3. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
(a) They organized resistance within France.
(b) They fled to other monarchies.
(c) They helped turn over their wealth and the Church's wealth to the people.
(d) They turned their estates into communes.
4. What group does Hobsbawm say typified the revolutionary groups that became active in 1848?
(a) The Carbonari.
(b) The Chartists.
(c) The Jacobins.
(d) The Luddites.
5. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In the navy.
(c) In the colonies.
(d) In the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
2. What happened that fostered nationalist movements in the Balkans?
3. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
4. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
5. What does Hobsbawm say revolutionary groups had in common across Europe in 1848?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)