|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nationalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Hobsbawm say the second wave of revolutions took place?
2. What happened that fostered nationalist movements in the Balkans?
(a) Greeks began to flee to the Balkans to get away from the fighting in Greece.
(b) The Turks invaded, uniting the Balkan states against them.
(c) The Russians opened trade with the Balkan areas.
(d) The Greeks attained independence and fixed borders.
3. What relationship had begun to dominate between landowners and farmers in England in the late 1700s?
(a) Lord and vassal.
(b) Landlord and tenant-farmer.
(c) Frontiersmen were opening new lands in Europe.
(d) Communal ownership.
4. What did revolutionaries see as the goal of their revolutions?
(a) Making aristocratic government responsive to commoners' needs.
(b) Seizing control over government.
(c) Making revolution a permanent aspect of society.
(d) Giving government back to the people.
5. What was the Code of Napoleon?
(a) The currency policy that financed the Napoleonic wars.
(b) The bureaucratic system instituted in France.
(c) The reform that abolished feudalism.
(d) The criminal law instituted by Napoleon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which nation was the exception to the rule that Europe was ruled by absolute monarchs, in the late 1700s?
2. What came to an end in 1830, according to Hobsbawm?
3. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
4. Where does Hobsbawm say the first wave of revolutions took place after the French Revolution?
5. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)