|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nationalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
(a) Create a niche.
(b) Buy locally, sell globally.
(c) Buy low, sell high.
(d) Get big or die.
2. Why did the French state have a financial crisis in the 1780s?
(a) Because they had lost Canada to the British.
(b) Because they had brought too many workers into the labor force, and devalued their currency.
(c) Because they had overextended themselves in their colonies.
(d) Because they helped the Americans in their Revolutionary War.
3. Where did Russia expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
(d) The Caucasus.
4. What does Hobsbawm say revolts turned against in this period?
(a) Absentee landlords.
(b) Mercantile colonialism.
(c) Aristocratic rule.
(d) Alien rule.
5. How did the concept of nationalism spread through Europe?
(a) From France outward in every direction.
(b) From north to south.
(c) From west to east.
(d) From east to west.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what did England lead Europe, in Hobsbawm's account?
2. What does Hobsbawm say the major European powers agreed on after the French Revolution?
3. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
4. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
5. Which market supplied raw materials for the cotton trade?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)