|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revolutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world of 1789 was bigger than today?
(a) Hobsbawm says that people were bigger than today.
(b) Hobsbawm says that much of the Earth was still unexplored.
(c) Hobsbawm says that distances seemed much bigger than today.
(d) Hobsbawm says that the population was bigger than today.
2. What area was affected by what Hobsbawm calls the third wave of revolutions?
(a) Eastern Europe.
(b) All of Europe.
(c) The Mediterranean.
(d) Western Europe.
3. What was the result of improvements in the technology of spinning and weaving?
(a) Decreased need for labor.
(b) Increased output.
(c) Increased tax revenue from the cotton trade.
(d) Decreased farm size.
4. What quality distinguished the revolutions that took place in 1848 from earlier revolutions, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) They were spontaneous.
(b) They were non-violent.
(c) They were unsuccessful.
(d) They were planned.
5. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
(d) The Marne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't France invade any territories after the French Revolution?
2. What came to an end in 1830, according to Hobsbawm?
3. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
4. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
5. Where does Hobsbawm say the first wave of revolutions took place after the French Revolution?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)