|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revolutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Science and commerce.
(b) Religion and philosophy.
(c) Morality and ethics.
(d) Arts and music.
2. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
3. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) The ancient Greeks.
(d) The Industrial Revolution.
4. What emerged in 1830, according to Hobsbawm's evaluation?
(a) A permanently poor underclass.
(b) A self-identified working class.
(c) State surveillance techniques.
(d) Mechanisms for suppressing revolutions.
5. What cause did Russia and Britain disagree over after the French Revolution?
(a) The independence of Turkey.
(b) The independence of Poland.
(c) The independence of Greece.
(d) The independence of Finland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What quality distinguished the revolutions that took place in 1848 from earlier revolutions, according to Hobsbawm?
2. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
3. What area was affected by what Hobsbawm calls the third wave of revolutions?
4. What was the effect of the nobility trying to return to government in France?
5. What was production freed from in the 1780s?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)