|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revolutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Hobsbawm say the second wave of revolutions took place?
2. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
(c) The Marne.
3. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) He says that almost everyone felt the effects in one way or another.
(b) He says that the wide areas were almost totally devastated. but some were left untouched.
(c) He says that fighting was widespread throughout many regions.
(d) He says that many were not affected at all.
4. What was the international congress that ruled Europe called?
(a) The League of Nations.
(b) The European Assembly.
(c) The Concert of Europe.
(d) The European Convention.
5. What crucial event does Hobsbawm say took place during the period after the French Revolution?
(a) The abolition of the slave trade.
(b) The development of paper currency.
(c) The invention of the cotton gin.
(d) The discovery of Australia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which market supplied raw materials for the cotton trade?
2. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
3. What cause did Russia and Britain disagree over after the French Revolution?
4. What area was affected by what Hobsbawm calls the third wave of revolutions?
5. What came to an end in 1830, according to Hobsbawm?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)