|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revolutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
(a) At home.
(b) In the market.
(c) In communal workshops.
(d) In warehouses.
2. What, in Hobsbawm's view, was the economic result of the French Revolution?
(a) It concentrated the refugee populations in cities, where they became workers.
(b) It ruined the means of production and created the possibility of socialism.
(c) It created room for new industries.
(d) It devastated the continent with non-stop fighting.
3. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
4. What did the French Revolution demonstrate to the rest of Europe?
(a) That people could rise up to fight for their freedom.
(b) That power will always reside in the aristocracy's hands.
(c) That Europe was not ready for democracy yet.
(d) That tyrants could use popular uprisings for their own purposes.
5. Where were the French forces defeated in 1815?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dominated the Third Estate in the 1780s in France?
2. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
3. Why didn't France invade any territories after the French Revolution?
4. The merchant class was situated between what and what, in Hobsbawm's account?
5. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world was smaller in 1789?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)