|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revolutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in Hobsbawm's view, was the economic result of the French Revolution?
(a) It concentrated the refugee populations in cities, where they became workers.
(b) It created room for new industries.
(c) It devastated the continent with non-stop fighting.
(d) It ruined the means of production and created the possibility of socialism.
2. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
(a) The bourgeoisie.
(b) The merchants.
(c) The common people.
(d) The nobles.
3. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
(a) The American Senate.
(b) The American House of Representatives.
(c) The British House of Commons.
(d) The British House of Lords.
4. How large were the circles within which people moved in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Smaller than today for some people, but larger for others.
(b) Much larger than today.
(c) They were much more spread out.
(d) Much smaller than today.
5. Which nation led the others in industrialization?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hobsbawm say rose to prominence financing the wars?
2. Where does Hobsbawm say the first wave of revolutions took place after the French Revolution?
3. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
4. Why didn't disagreements between nations reach the level of international war?
5. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)