|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revolutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
(a) The common people.
(b) The bourgeoisie.
(c) The nobles.
(d) The merchants.
2. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
(a) Because the rest of the continent was consumed in war.
(b) Becaue only Britain had the commercial strength and social conditions for it.
(c) Because the Industrial Revolution required a cooler climate.
(d) Because agriculture thrived in England's moister climate.
3. What does Hobsbawm say the major European powers agreed on after the French Revolution?
(a) Revolutions should be used as tools for developing nationalism.
(b) Revolutionary movements should be contained.
(c) Revolutions should be used to reinforce the ruling class.
(d) Revolutions should be a way of eliminating the aristocrats.
4. What was the Bastille a symbol of when the French stormed it in 1789?
(a) The monarchy.
(b) The free market.
(c) The bourgeoisie.
(d) The radical element.
5. Where does Hobsbawm say the first wave of revolutions took place after the French Revolution?
(a) In Asia.
(b) In Eastern Europe.
(c) In the Mediterranean.
(d) In the Americas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What came to an end in 1830, according to Hobsbawm?
2. When does Hobsbawm say the second wave of revolutions took place?
3. Why didn't France invade any territories after the French Revolution?
4. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
5. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)