|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revolutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Code of Napoleon?
(a) The currency policy that financed the Napoleonic wars.
(b) The bureaucratic system instituted in France.
(c) The criminal law instituted by Napoleon.
(d) The reform that abolished feudalism.
2. What does Hobsbawm say the major European powers agreed on after the French Revolution?
(a) Revolutions should be used to reinforce the ruling class.
(b) Revolutions should be used as tools for developing nationalism.
(c) Revolutionary movements should be contained.
(d) Revolutions should be a way of eliminating the aristocrats.
3. What, in Hobsbawm's view, was the economic result of the French Revolution?
(a) It devastated the continent with non-stop fighting.
(b) It created room for new industries.
(c) It ruined the means of production and created the possibility of socialism.
(d) It concentrated the refugee populations in cities, where they became workers.
4. Where were the French forces defeated in 1815?
5. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
(a) The American Senate.
(b) The British House of Commons.
(c) The British House of Lords.
(d) The American House of Representatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
2. Which nation was the exception to the rule that Europe was ruled by absolute monarchs, in the late 1700s?
3. What cause did Russian and Britain support together after the French Revolution?
4. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
5. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)