|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revolutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hobsbawm say the first wave of revolutions took place after the French Revolution?
(a) In the Americas.
(b) In Asia.
(c) In the Mediterranean.
(d) In Eastern Europe.
2. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
(a) The American Senate.
(b) The British House of Commons.
(c) The British House of Lords.
(d) The American House of Representatives.
3. What was the effect of the nobility trying to return to government in France?
(a) They weakened the government.
(b) They widened the gap between rich and poor.
(c) They made the government more efficient.
(d) They inflamed tensions with the merchant class.
4. What came to an end in 1830, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Religious faith.
(b) Local trade.
(c) Aristocratic political power.
5. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
(a) With China and Indonesia.
(b) With France and Spain.
(c) With Russia and Prussia.
(d) With its colonies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Europe was ruled by Britain, France, Austria, Prussia and which nation?
2. What crucial event does Hobsbawm say took place during the period after the French Revolution?
3. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
4. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
5. Who dominated the Third Estate in the 1780s in France?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)