|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revolutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in Hobsbawm's view, was the economic result of the French Revolution?
(a) It created room for new industries.
(b) It devastated the continent with non-stop fighting.
(c) It ruined the means of production and created the possibility of socialism.
(d) It concentrated the refugee populations in cities, where they became workers.
2. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) He says that the wide areas were almost totally devastated. but some were left untouched.
(b) He says that fighting was widespread throughout many regions.
(c) He says that almost everyone felt the effects in one way or another.
(d) He says that many were not affected at all.
3. Who does Hobsbawm say rose to prominence financing the wars?
(a) The Jews.
(b) The Rockefellers.
(d) The Barings and Rothschilds.
4. What emerged in 1830, according to Hobsbawm's evaluation?
(a) State surveillance techniques.
(b) A permanently poor underclass.
(c) A self-identified working class.
(d) Mechanisms for suppressing revolutions.
5. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
(a) "preparation for some of the greatest changes mankind would know."
(b) "the end of classical Europe."
(c) "the beginning of the modern age."
(d) "the most important event in world history."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm say revolutionary groups had in common across Europe in 1848?
2. What was the international congress that ruled Europe called?
3. What does Hobsbawm say the major European powers agreed on after the French Revolution?
4. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
5. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)