|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revolutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cause did Russia and Britain disagree over after the French Revolution?
(a) The independence of Greece.
(b) The independence of Turkey.
(c) The independence of Finland.
(d) The independence of Poland.
2. Europe was ruled by Britain, France, Austria, Prussia and which nation?
3. Which of the revolutions that took place in the first wave of revolutions after the French Revolution was NOT suppressed?
4. What emerged in 1830, according to Hobsbawm's evaluation?
(a) A permanently poor underclass.
(b) Mechanisms for suppressing revolutions.
(c) State surveillance techniques.
(d) A self-identified working class.
5. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
(a) In communal workshops.
(b) In warehouses.
(c) In the market.
(d) At home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
2. How large were the circles within which people moved in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
3. Which areas were best connected, according to Hobsbawm?
4. What was the age of scientific and political progress in the 1700s called?
5. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)