|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revolutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hobsbawm say the revolutionary groups saw as the beneficiaries of their third wave of revolutions?
(a) All common people everywhere.
(b) The merchants of the world.
(c) Radicals and revolutionaries everywhere.
(d) Marx and Ricardo.
2. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
(d) The Marne.
3. What quality distinguished the revolutions that took place in 1848 from earlier revolutions, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) They were unsuccessful.
(b) They were non-violent.
(c) They were spontaneous.
(d) They were planned.
4. What was the Code of Napoleon?
(a) The reform that abolished feudalism.
(b) The criminal law instituted by Napoleon.
(c) The bureaucratic system instituted in France.
(d) The currency policy that financed the Napoleonic wars.
5. When does Hobsbawm say the second wave of revolutions took place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the age of scientific and political progress in the 1700s called?
2. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
3. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
4. What was the effect of the nobility trying to return to government in France?
5. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)