|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revolutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) France's war with Russia.
(b) France's war with Prussia.
(c) France's war with Austria.
(d) France's war with Britain.
2. In what did England lead Europe, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Per capita trade.
(b) Moral philosophy.
(c) Political freedoms.
(d) Raw material production.
3. Which of the revolutions that took place in the first wave of revolutions after the French Revolution was NOT suppressed?
4. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
(a) The British House of Commons.
(b) The American House of Representatives.
(c) The British House of Lords.
(d) The American Senate.
5. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
(a) "preparation for some of the greatest changes mankind would know."
(b) "the end of classical Europe."
(c) "the beginning of the modern age."
(d) "the most important event in world history."
Short Answer Questions
1. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
2. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
3. Why didn't disagreements between nations reach the level of international war?
4. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
5. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)