|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revolutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
2. Why didn't France invade any territories after the French Revolution?
(a) The price of reintroducing Jacobinism was too high.
(b) The country was burdened with too much debt.
(c) The country was struggling with internal dissensions.
(d) The government could not raise an army large enough for any invasions.
3. What does Hobsbawm say the major European powers agreed on after the French Revolution?
(a) Revolutions should be a way of eliminating the aristocrats.
(b) Revolutions should be used as tools for developing nationalism.
(c) Revolutionary movements should be contained.
(d) Revolutions should be used to reinforce the ruling class.
4. What came to an end in 1830, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Local trade.
(b) Religious faith.
(c) Aristocratic political power.
5. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
(a) "the most important event in world history."
(b) "preparation for some of the greatest changes mankind would know."
(c) "the end of classical Europe."
(d) "the beginning of the modern age."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which nation was the exception to the rule that Europe was ruled by absolute monarchs, in the late 1700s?
2. What, in Hobsbawm's view, was the economic result of the French Revolution?
3. What was the age of scientific and political progress in the 1700s called?
4. Who dominated the Third Estate in the 1780s in France?
5. Which of the revolutions that took place in the first wave of revolutions after the French Revolution was NOT suppressed?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)