|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revolutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
(a) The merchants.
(b) The nobles.
(c) The common people.
(d) The bourgeoisie.
2. What did the monarchy do in response to France's financial crisis in the 1780s?
(a) He borrowed from the merchants.
(b) He proposed new taxes.
(c) He called a States General.
(d) He outsourced the business of governing.
3. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Morality and ethics.
(b) Religion and philosophy.
(c) Science and commerce.
(d) Arts and music.
4. What did the French Revolution demonstrate to the rest of Europe?
(a) That Europe was not ready for democracy yet.
(b) That tyrants could use popular uprisings for their own purposes.
(c) That people could rise up to fight for their freedom.
(d) That power will always reside in the aristocracy's hands.
5. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
(a) With its colonies.
(b) With France and Spain.
(c) With China and Indonesia.
(d) With Russia and Prussia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the French forces defeated in 1815?
2. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world was smaller in 1789?
3. Which of the revolutions that took place in the first wave of revolutions after the French Revolution was NOT suppressed?
4. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
5. What was the result of improvements in the technology of spinning and weaving?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)