|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revolutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
(a) In the colonies.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) In the army.
(d) In the navy.
2. What cause did Russia and Britain disagree over after the French Revolution?
(a) The independence of Poland.
(b) The independence of Finland.
(c) The independence of Greece.
(d) The independence of Turkey.
3. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
4. Where does Hobsbawm say the first wave of revolutions took place after the French Revolution?
(a) In Eastern Europe.
(b) In the Mediterranean.
(c) In Asia.
(d) In the Americas.
5. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
(a) With its colonies.
(b) With France and Spain.
(c) With China and Indonesia.
(d) With Russia and Prussia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
2. What group does Hobsbawm say typified the revolutionary groups that became active in 1848?
3. What did the monarchy do in response to France's financial crisis in the 1780s?
4. What was the age of scientific and political progress in the 1700s called?
5. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)