|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revolutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
(a) He incited the people to carry it out.
(b) He was persecuted by it.
(c) He oversaw it.
(d) He conceived the idea for it.
2. What quality distinguished the revolutions that took place in 1848 from earlier revolutions, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) They were non-violent.
(b) They were planned.
(c) They were unsuccessful.
(d) They were spontaneous.
3. What was production freed from in the 1780s?
(a) The limitations imposed by population size.
(b) The limitations of earlier production techniques.
(c) The limitations imposed by years of war.
(d) The limitations imposed by limited raw materials.
4. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
(a) In the navy.
(b) In the colonies.
(c) In the army.
(d) In the mountains.
5. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world of 1789 was bigger than today?
(a) Hobsbawm says that much of the Earth was still unexplored.
(b) Hobsbawm says that the population was bigger than today.
(c) Hobsbawm says that people were bigger than today.
(d) Hobsbawm says that distances seemed much bigger than today.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship had begun to dominate between landowners and farmers in England in the late 1700s?
2. Who dominated the Third Estate in the 1780s in France?
3. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
4. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
5. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)