|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the French forces defeated in 1815?
2. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
(a) Persecuting heretics and dissenters.
(b) Placing competent men in bureaucratic positions.
(c) Selling government positions to noblemen.
(d) Ostracizing radicals and innovators.
3. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
4. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
(a) "preparation for some of the greatest changes mankind would know."
(b) "the most important event in world history."
(c) "the beginning of the modern age."
(d) "the end of classical Europe."
5. What was the effect of the nobility trying to return to government in France?
(a) They made the government more efficient.
(b) They inflamed tensions with the merchant class.
(c) They widened the gap between rich and poor.
(d) They weakened the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
2. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
3. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world was smaller in 1789?
4. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
5. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)