|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
2. How does Hobsbawm describe the agrarian workers of the world?
(a) He says they were united.
(b) He says they were unfree.
(c) He says they were efficient.
(d) He says they were part-owners in the estates.
3. What relationship had begun to dominate between landowners and farmers in England in the late 1700s?
(a) Frontiersmen were opening new lands in Europe.
(b) Landlord and tenant-farmer.
(c) Lord and vassal.
(d) Communal ownership.
4. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) The working classes.
(b) Merchants and investors.
(c) Nobles and aristocrats.
(d) All strata of society invested in the railroads.
5. What was the result of improvements in the technology of spinning and weaving?
(a) Decreased farm size.
(b) Increased tax revenue from the cotton trade.
(c) Decreased need for labor.
(d) Increased output.
Short Answer Questions
1. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
2. The merchant class was situated between what and what, in Hobsbawm's account?
3. Who does Hobsbawm say rose to prominence financing the wars?
4. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
5. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)