|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Nobles and aristocrats.
(b) Merchants and investors.
(c) All strata of society invested in the railroads.
(d) The working classes.
2. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
3. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) He says that almost everyone felt the effects in one way or another.
(b) He says that many were not affected at all.
(c) He says that fighting was widespread throughout many regions.
(d) He says that the wide areas were almost totally devastated. but some were left untouched.
4. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
(a) Get big or die.
(b) Create a niche.
(c) Buy locally, sell globally.
(d) Buy low, sell high.
5. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) France's war with Prussia.
(b) France's war with Austria.
(c) France's war with Russia.
(d) France's war with Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How large were the circles within which people moved in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
2. The merchant class was situated between what and what, in Hobsbawm's account?
3. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world was smaller in 1789?
4. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
5. Which market supplied raw materials for the cotton trade?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)