|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
2. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
(a) The common people.
(b) The nobles.
(c) The merchants.
(d) The bourgeoisie.
3. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Religion and philosophy.
(b) Science and commerce.
(c) Arts and music.
(d) Morality and ethics.
4. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
(a) Because agriculture thrived in England's moister climate.
(b) Because the rest of the continent was consumed in war.
(c) Becaue only Britain had the commercial strength and social conditions for it.
(d) Because the Industrial Revolution required a cooler climate.
5. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Merchants and investors.
(b) The working classes.
(c) Nobles and aristocrats.
(d) All strata of society invested in the railroads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the French forces defeated in 1815?
2. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
3. What did the monarchy do in response to France's financial crisis in the 1780s?
4. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
5. What was the result of improvements in the technology of spinning and weaving?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)