|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
(a) At home.
(b) In the market.
(c) In communal workshops.
(d) In warehouses.
2. Which areas were best connected, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) The seacoasts.
(b) The islands.
(c) The farm country.
(d) The mountains.
3. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
(a) They organized resistance within France.
(b) They fled to other monarchies.
(c) They helped turn over their wealth and the Church's wealth to the people.
(d) They turned their estates into communes.
4. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
(a) In the army.
(b) In the navy.
(c) In the colonies.
(d) In the mountains.
5. How does Hobsbawm describe the agrarian workers of the world?
(a) He says they were unfree.
(b) He says they were united.
(c) He says they were efficient.
(d) He says they were part-owners in the estates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
2. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
3. What did the French Revolution demonstrate to the rest of Europe?
4. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
5. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)