|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) All strata of society invested in the railroads.
(b) The working classes.
(c) Nobles and aristocrats.
(d) Merchants and investors.
2. What was the effect of the nobility trying to return to government in France?
(a) They made the government more efficient.
(b) They weakened the government.
(c) They widened the gap between rich and poor.
(d) They inflamed tensions with the merchant class.
3. Who does Hobsbawm say rose to prominence financing the wars?
(b) The Jews.
(c) The Rockefellers.
(d) The Barings and Rothschilds.
4. What was the Code of Napoleon?
(a) The bureaucratic system instituted in France.
(b) The currency policy that financed the Napoleonic wars.
(c) The criminal law instituted by Napoleon.
(d) The reform that abolished feudalism.
5. Which areas were best connected, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) The farm country.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The seacoasts.
(d) The islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
2. Who dominated the Third Estate in the 1780s in France?
3. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
4. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
5. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)