|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hobsbawm describe the agrarian workers of the world?
(a) He says they were part-owners in the estates.
(b) He says they were united.
(c) He says they were unfree.
(d) He says they were efficient.
2. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
(a) He conceived the idea for it.
(b) He incited the people to carry it out.
(c) He oversaw it.
(d) He was persecuted by it.
3. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
(a) The merchants.
(b) The bourgeoisie.
(c) The common people.
(d) The nobles.
4. What relationship had begun to dominate between landowners and farmers in England in the late 1700s?
(a) Landlord and tenant-farmer.
(b) Communal ownership.
(c) Frontiersmen were opening new lands in Europe.
(d) Lord and vassal.
5. What was the age of scientific and political progress in the 1700s called?
(b) The Romantic period.
(c) The Enlightenment.
(d) The Renaissance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the French forces defeated in 1815?
2. What did the French Revolution demonstrate to the rest of Europe?
3. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
4. How large were the circles within which people moved in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
5. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world was smaller in 1789?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)