|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) All strata of society invested in the railroads.
(b) Nobles and aristocrats.
(c) Merchants and investors.
(d) The working classes.
2. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
(a) Buy locally, sell globally.
(b) Get big or die.
(c) Create a niche.
(d) Buy low, sell high.
3. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
4. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
5. What was production freed from in the 1780s?
(a) The limitations of earlier production techniques.
(b) The limitations imposed by population size.
(c) The limitations imposed by years of war.
(d) The limitations imposed by limited raw materials.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the French state have a financial crisis in the 1780s?
2. What, in Hobsbawm's view, was the economic result of the French Revolution?
3. What did the French Revolution demonstrate to the rest of Europe?
4. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
5. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)