|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dominated the Third Estate in the 1780s in France?
(a) The nobility.
(b) Revolutionaries and radicals.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The working poor.
2. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Merchants and investors.
(b) All strata of society invested in the railroads.
(c) The working classes.
(d) Nobles and aristocrats.
3. Why did the French state have a financial crisis in the 1780s?
(a) Because they had lost Canada to the British.
(b) Because they helped the Americans in their Revolutionary War.
(c) Because they had overextended themselves in their colonies.
(d) Because they had brought too many workers into the labor force, and devalued their currency.
4. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
5. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
2. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
3. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
4. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
5. What, in Hobsbawm's view, was the economic result of the French Revolution?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)