|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
2. What relationship had begun to dominate between landowners and farmers in England in the late 1700s?
(a) Lord and vassal.
(b) Frontiersmen were opening new lands in Europe.
(c) Communal ownership.
(d) Landlord and tenant-farmer.
3. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
4. What, in Hobsbawm's view, was the economic result of the French Revolution?
(a) It concentrated the refugee populations in cities, where they became workers.
(b) It devastated the continent with non-stop fighting.
(c) It ruined the means of production and created the possibility of socialism.
(d) It created room for new industries.
5. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
(a) In the market.
(b) In communal workshops.
(c) In warehouses.
(d) At home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
2. What did the French Revolution demonstrate to the rest of Europe?
3. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
4. What was the age of scientific and political progress in the 1700s called?
5. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)