|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In the colonies.
(c) In the navy.
(d) In the army.
2. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
3. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
(a) Get big or die.
(b) Buy low, sell high.
(c) Create a niche.
(d) Buy locally, sell globally.
4. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Nobles and aristocrats.
(b) The working classes.
(c) All strata of society invested in the railroads.
(d) Merchants and investors.
5. How large were the circles within which people moved in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) They were much more spread out.
(b) Much larger than today.
(c) Smaller than today for some people, but larger for others.
(d) Much smaller than today.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
2. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
3. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
4. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
5. Who dominated the Third Estate in the 1780s in France?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)