|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hobsbawm describe the agrarian workers of the world?
(a) He says they were unfree.
(b) He says they were united.
(c) He says they were efficient.
(d) He says they were part-owners in the estates.
2. What relationship had begun to dominate between landowners and farmers in England in the late 1700s?
(a) Frontiersmen were opening new lands in Europe.
(b) Lord and vassal.
(c) Communal ownership.
(d) Landlord and tenant-farmer.
3. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In the colonies.
(c) In the army.
(d) In the navy.
4. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) Britain and Russia.
(b) All of Europe and Britain.
(c) Austria and Prussia.
(d) Russia, Prussia and Austria.
5. What was production freed from in the 1780s?
(a) The limitations imposed by population size.
(b) The limitations imposed by years of war.
(c) The limitations imposed by limited raw materials.
(d) The limitations of earlier production techniques.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
2. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
3. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
4. What was the age of scientific and political progress in the 1700s called?
5. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)