|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the age of scientific and political progress in the 1700s called?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The Enlightenment.
(d) The Romantic period.
2. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
(a) The nobles.
(b) The merchants.
(c) The common people.
(d) The bourgeoisie.
3. What was the result of improvements in the technology of spinning and weaving?
(a) Increased tax revenue from the cotton trade.
(b) Decreased farm size.
(c) Decreased need for labor.
(d) Increased output.
4. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
5. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world was smaller in 1789?
(a) Hobsbawm says that the families were smaller.
(b) Hobsbawm says that the Earth was smaller.
(c) Hobsbawm says that the cities were smaller.
(d) Hobsbawm says that the population was smaller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, in Hobsbawm's view, was the economic result of the French Revolution?
2. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
3. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
4. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world of 1789 was bigger than today?
5. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)