|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
2. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
3. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
(a) The British House of Lords.
(b) The British House of Commons.
(c) The American Senate.
(d) The American House of Representatives.
4. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Religion and philosophy.
(b) Morality and ethics.
(c) Science and commerce.
(d) Arts and music.
5. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
(a) In the army.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) In the colonies.
(d) In the navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the French Revolution demonstrate to the rest of Europe?
2. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
3. What was the Bastille a symbol of when the French stormed it in 1789?
4. What, in Hobsbawm's view, was the economic result of the French Revolution?
5. What was the effect of the nobility trying to return to government in France?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)