|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
(a) In the navy.
(b) In the army.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) In the colonies.
2. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
(a) The American Senate.
(b) The American House of Representatives.
(c) The British House of Lords.
(d) The British House of Commons.
3. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
4. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
(a) The need for mercantile power.
(b) The need for monopoly.
(c) The need to dominate trade routes.
(d) The need for profit.
5. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
(a) "the most important event in world history."
(b) "preparation for some of the greatest changes mankind would know."
(c) "the end of classical Europe."
(d) "the beginning of the modern age."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was production freed from in the 1780s?
2. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
3. Why did the French state have a financial crisis in the 1780s?
4. What was the effect of the nobility trying to return to government in France?
5. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world of 1789 was bigger than today?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)