|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
(a) At home.
(b) In warehouses.
(c) In communal workshops.
(d) In the market.
2. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Arts and music.
(b) Morality and ethics.
(c) Science and commerce.
(d) Religion and philosophy.
3. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
(a) Buy locally, sell globally.
(b) Create a niche.
(c) Get big or die.
(d) Buy low, sell high.
4. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) He says that the wide areas were almost totally devastated. but some were left untouched.
(b) He says that fighting was widespread throughout many regions.
(c) He says that many were not affected at all.
(d) He says that almost everyone felt the effects in one way or another.
5. How does Hobsbawm describe the agrarian workers of the world?
(a) He says they were unfree.
(b) He says they were united.
(c) He says they were efficient.
(d) He says they were part-owners in the estates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
2. The merchant class was situated between what and what, in Hobsbawm's account?
3. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
4. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
5. Where were the French forces defeated in 1815?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)