|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
(a) Buy low, sell high.
(b) Buy locally, sell globally.
(c) Create a niche.
(d) Get big or die.
2. In what did England lead Europe, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Raw material production.
(b) Per capita trade.
(c) Moral philosophy.
(d) Political freedoms.
3. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
(a) Resistance to democracy.
(b) New forms of government.
(c) Freedom movements in the Catalan region.
(d) Resistance to monarchy.
4. What did the monarchy do in response to France's financial crisis in the 1780s?
(a) He proposed new taxes.
(b) He called a States General.
(c) He borrowed from the merchants.
(d) He outsourced the business of governing.
5. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
Short Answer Questions
1. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
2. What were the dates of the Napoleonic Wars?
3. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
4. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
5. What was production freed from in the 1780s?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)