|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in Hobsbawm's view, was the economic result of the French Revolution?
(a) It concentrated the refugee populations in cities, where they became workers.
(b) It created room for new industries.
(c) It devastated the continent with non-stop fighting.
(d) It ruined the means of production and created the possibility of socialism.
2. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
3. The merchant class was situated between what and what, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Farmers and craftsmen.
(b) Industrial labor and aristocrats.
(c) Part-time craftsmen and markets.
(d) Political theory and practice.
4. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
(a) The need for profit.
(b) The need for monopoly.
(c) The need to dominate trade routes.
(d) The need for mercantile power.
5. What were the dates of the Napoleonic Wars?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
2. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
3. How does Hobsbawm describe the agrarian workers of the world?
4. What was the result of improvements in the technology of spinning and weaving?
5. How large were the circles within which people moved in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)