|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) He says that the wide areas were almost totally devastated. but some were left untouched.
(b) He says that almost everyone felt the effects in one way or another.
(c) He says that many were not affected at all.
(d) He says that fighting was widespread throughout many regions.
2. Which areas were best connected, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) The islands.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The farm country.
(d) The seacoasts.
3. What were the dates of the Napoleonic Wars?
4. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
(a) They fled to other monarchies.
(b) They helped turn over their wealth and the Church's wealth to the people.
(c) They turned their estates into communes.
(d) They organized resistance within France.
5. In what did England lead Europe, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Raw material production.
(b) Moral philosophy.
(c) Political freedoms.
(d) Per capita trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
2. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world was smaller in 1789?
3. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
4. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
5. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)