|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The French Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the result of improvements in the technology of spinning and weaving?
(a) Decreased need for labor.
(b) Increased tax revenue from the cotton trade.
(c) Increased output.
(d) Decreased farm size.
2. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
(a) He oversaw it.
(b) He was persecuted by it.
(c) He incited the people to carry it out.
(d) He conceived the idea for it.
3. How large were the circles within which people moved in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Smaller than today for some people, but larger for others.
(b) Much smaller than today.
(c) Much larger than today.
(d) They were much more spread out.
4. Which nation was the exception to the rule that Europe was ruled by absolute monarchs, in the late 1700s?
5. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
2. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
3. Why did the French state have a financial crisis in the 1780s?
4. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
5. How does Hobsbawm describe the agrarian workers of the world?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)