|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The French Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
(a) They fled to other monarchies.
(b) They helped turn over their wealth and the Church's wealth to the people.
(c) They organized resistance within France.
(d) They turned their estates into communes.
2. What was the result of improvements in the technology of spinning and weaving?
(a) Decreased need for labor.
(b) Decreased farm size.
(c) Increased output.
(d) Increased tax revenue from the cotton trade.
3. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Merchants and investors.
(b) The working classes.
(c) Nobles and aristocrats.
(d) All strata of society invested in the railroads.
4. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
5. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world of 1789 was bigger than today?
(a) Hobsbawm says that the population was bigger than today.
(b) Hobsbawm says that people were bigger than today.
(c) Hobsbawm says that much of the Earth was still unexplored.
(d) Hobsbawm says that distances seemed much bigger than today.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
2. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
3. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
4. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
5. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)