|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The French Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
(a) In communal workshops.
(b) In the market.
(c) In warehouses.
(d) At home.
2. What relationship had begun to dominate between landowners and farmers in England in the late 1700s?
(a) Landlord and tenant-farmer.
(b) Communal ownership.
(c) Lord and vassal.
(d) Frontiersmen were opening new lands in Europe.
3. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
4. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
(a) The Industrial Revolution.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) The ancient Greeks.
(d) The Renaissance.
5. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
(a) Buy low, sell high.
(b) Get big or die.
(c) Create a niche.
(d) Buy locally, sell globally.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dominated the Third Estate in the 1780s in France?
2. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
3. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
4. Which nation was the exception to the rule that Europe was ruled by absolute monarchs, in the late 1700s?
5. Which market supplied raw materials for the cotton trade?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)