|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The French Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
2. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
(a) The nobles.
(b) The bourgeoisie.
(c) The common people.
(d) The merchants.
3. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
(a) Ostracizing radicals and innovators.
(b) Placing competent men in bureaucratic positions.
(c) Persecuting heretics and dissenters.
(d) Selling government positions to noblemen.
4. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
5. What was production freed from in the 1780s?
(a) The limitations of earlier production techniques.
(b) The limitations imposed by limited raw materials.
(c) The limitations imposed by years of war.
(d) The limitations imposed by population size.
Short Answer Questions
1. The merchant class was situated between what and what, in Hobsbawm's account?
2. What was the Bastille a symbol of when the French stormed it in 1789?
3. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
4. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
5. How does Hobsbawm describe the agrarian workers of the world?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)