|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The French Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) The Industrial Revolution.
(d) The ancient Greeks.
2. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
(a) Because the rest of the continent was consumed in war.
(b) Because agriculture thrived in England's moister climate.
(c) Becaue only Britain had the commercial strength and social conditions for it.
(d) Because the Industrial Revolution required a cooler climate.
3. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
4. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
(a) In the market.
(b) In communal workshops.
(c) At home.
(d) In warehouses.
5. Which market supplied raw materials for the cotton trade?
(b) Britain's colonies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of improvements in the technology of spinning and weaving?
2. Why did the French state have a financial crisis in the 1780s?
3. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
4. How does Hobsbawm describe the agrarian workers of the world?
5. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)