|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The French Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
2. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world was smaller in 1789?
(a) Hobsbawm says that the Earth was smaller.
(b) Hobsbawm says that the cities were smaller.
(c) Hobsbawm says that the population was smaller.
(d) Hobsbawm says that the families were smaller.
3. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Merchants and investors.
(b) All strata of society invested in the railroads.
(c) The working classes.
(d) Nobles and aristocrats.
4. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world of 1789 was bigger than today?
(a) Hobsbawm says that people were bigger than today.
(b) Hobsbawm says that distances seemed much bigger than today.
(c) Hobsbawm says that the population was bigger than today.
(d) Hobsbawm says that much of the Earth was still unexplored.
5. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Science and commerce.
(b) Religion and philosophy.
(c) Morality and ethics.
(d) Arts and music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
2. Why did the French state have a financial crisis in the 1780s?
3. The merchant class was situated between what and what, in Hobsbawm's account?
4. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
5. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)