|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The French Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dominated the Third Estate in the 1780s in France?
(a) The nobility.
(b) Revolutionaries and radicals.
(c) The working poor.
(d) The middle class.
2. How does Hobsbawm describe the agrarian workers of the world?
(a) He says they were unfree.
(b) He says they were part-owners in the estates.
(c) He says they were united.
(d) He says they were efficient.
3. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
(a) The British House of Lords.
(b) The American House of Representatives.
(c) The British House of Commons.
(d) The American Senate.
4. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) The working classes.
(b) All strata of society invested in the railroads.
(c) Nobles and aristocrats.
(d) Merchants and investors.
5. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
(a) The nobles.
(b) The common people.
(c) The bourgeoisie.
(d) The merchants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship had begun to dominate between landowners and farmers in England in the late 1700s?
2. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
3. The merchant class was situated between what and what, in Hobsbawm's account?
4. What was production freed from in the 1780s?
5. Why did the French state have a financial crisis in the 1780s?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)