|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The French Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Science and commerce.
(b) Arts and music.
(c) Morality and ethics.
(d) Religion and philosophy.
2. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
(a) Becaue only Britain had the commercial strength and social conditions for it.
(b) Because agriculture thrived in England's moister climate.
(c) Because the Industrial Revolution required a cooler climate.
(d) Because the rest of the continent was consumed in war.
3. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) France's war with Russia.
(b) France's war with Austria.
(c) France's war with Prussia.
(d) France's war with Britain.
4. Which areas were best connected, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) The islands.
(b) The seacoasts.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The farm country.
5. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
Short Answer Questions
1. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
2. The merchant class was situated between what and what, in Hobsbawm's account?
3. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
4. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
5. What was the result of improvements in the technology of spinning and weaving?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)