|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The French Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
(a) They turned their estates into communes.
(b) They organized resistance within France.
(c) They fled to other monarchies.
(d) They helped turn over their wealth and the Church's wealth to the people.
2. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
(a) The need to dominate trade routes.
(b) The need for profit.
(c) The need for monopoly.
(d) The need for mercantile power.
3. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
4. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
(a) The British House of Commons.
(b) The American House of Representatives.
(c) The American Senate.
(d) The British House of Lords.
5. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The Industrial Revolution.
(d) The ancient Greeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the French state have a financial crisis in the 1780s?
2. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
3. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
4. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world was smaller in 1789?
5. What was the age of scientific and political progress in the 1700s called?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)