|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The French Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
(a) The American House of Representatives.
(b) The British House of Lords.
(c) The American Senate.
(d) The British House of Commons.
2. What was the age of scientific and political progress in the 1700s called?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The Romantic period.
(d) The Enlightenment.
3. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
(a) The Industrial Revolution.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) The ancient Greeks.
(d) The Renaissance.
4. Why did the French state have a financial crisis in the 1780s?
(a) Because they helped the Americans in their Revolutionary War.
(b) Because they had lost Canada to the British.
(c) Because they had overextended themselves in their colonies.
(d) Because they had brought too many workers into the labor force, and devalued their currency.
5. In what did England lead Europe, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Per capita trade.
(b) Moral philosophy.
(c) Political freedoms.
(d) Raw material production.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
2. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
3. How large were the circles within which people moved in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
4. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
5. What was the effect of the nobility trying to return to government in France?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)