|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The French Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
(a) The British House of Commons.
(b) The American House of Representatives.
(c) The American Senate.
(d) The British House of Lords.
2. What was the Bastille a symbol of when the French stormed it in 1789?
(a) The monarchy.
(b) The bourgeoisie.
(c) The free market.
(d) The radical element.
3. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Arts and music.
(b) Religion and philosophy.
(c) Science and commerce.
(d) Morality and ethics.
4. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
(a) Buy locally, sell globally.
(b) Create a niche.
(c) Get big or die.
(d) Buy low, sell high.
5. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was production freed from in the 1780s?
2. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world of 1789 was bigger than today?
3. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world was smaller in 1789?
4. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
5. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)