|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The French Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which market supplied raw materials for the cotton trade?
(a) Britain's colonies.
2. Which areas were best connected, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) The farm country.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The islands.
(d) The seacoasts.
3. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
(a) The American House of Representatives.
(b) The British House of Commons.
(c) The American Senate.
(d) The British House of Lords.
4. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
5. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) All strata of society invested in the railroads.
(b) Merchants and investors.
(c) The working classes.
(d) Nobles and aristocrats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
2. What was the Bastille a symbol of when the French stormed it in 1789?
3. What was the age of scientific and political progress in the 1700s called?
4. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
5. The merchant class was situated between what and what, in Hobsbawm's account?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)