|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The French Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which market supplied raw materials for the cotton trade?
(a) Britain's colonies.
2. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
(a) The common people.
(b) The bourgeoisie.
(c) The nobles.
(d) The merchants.
3. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Morality and ethics.
(b) Arts and music.
(c) Science and commerce.
(d) Religion and philosophy.
4. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The Industrial Revolution.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The ancient Greeks.
5. How does Hobsbawm describe the agrarian workers of the world?
(a) He says they were part-owners in the estates.
(b) He says they were unfree.
(c) He says they were united.
(d) He says they were efficient.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
2. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
3. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
4. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
5. What was production freed from in the 1780s?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)