|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The French Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which market supplied raw materials for the cotton trade?
(d) Britain's colonies.
2. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) All strata of society invested in the railroads.
(b) The working classes.
(c) Nobles and aristocrats.
(d) Merchants and investors.
3. What was the result of improvements in the technology of spinning and weaving?
(a) Increased output.
(b) Decreased need for labor.
(c) Decreased farm size.
(d) Increased tax revenue from the cotton trade.
4. What relationship had begun to dominate between landowners and farmers in England in the late 1700s?
(a) Lord and vassal.
(b) Landlord and tenant-farmer.
(c) Frontiersmen were opening new lands in Europe.
(d) Communal ownership.
5. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
(a) He incited the people to carry it out.
(b) He was persecuted by it.
(c) He conceived the idea for it.
(d) He oversaw it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
2. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
3. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
4. Why did the French state have a financial crisis in the 1780s?
5. The merchant class was situated between what and what, in Hobsbawm's account?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)