|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The French Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
2. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
(a) In communal workshops.
(b) In the market.
(c) In warehouses.
(d) At home.
3. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
4. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
5. In what did England lead Europe, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Political freedoms.
(b) Moral philosophy.
(c) Raw material production.
(d) Per capita trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
2. What was the age of scientific and political progress in the 1700s called?
3. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
4. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
5. What was the effect of the nobility trying to return to government in France?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)