|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The French Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
2. What did the monarchy do in response to France's financial crisis in the 1780s?
(a) He proposed new taxes.
(b) He borrowed from the merchants.
(c) He outsourced the business of governing.
(d) He called a States General.
3. Who dominated the Third Estate in the 1780s in France?
(a) Revolutionaries and radicals.
(b) The nobility.
(c) The working poor.
(d) The middle class.
4. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
(a) The Industrial Revolution.
(b) The ancient Greeks.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The French Revolution.
5. How does Hobsbawm describe the agrarian workers of the world?
(a) He says they were united.
(b) He says they were part-owners in the estates.
(c) He says they were efficient.
(d) He says they were unfree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
2. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
3. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
4. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
5. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)