|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nationalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which areas were best connected, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) The islands.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The farm country.
(d) The seacoasts.
2. What trend was Hobsbawm looking for in revolts and revolutions?
(c) Local traditions.
3. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
(a) In communal workshops.
(b) In the market.
(c) In warehouses.
(d) At home.
4. How did the concept of nationalism spread through Europe?
(a) From east to west.
(b) From France outward in every direction.
(c) From west to east.
(d) From north to south.
5. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
(a) The bourgeoisie.
(b) The common people.
(c) The nobles.
(d) The merchants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Russia expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
2. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
3. Why did the international congress among Europe's ruling nations dissolve after a few years?
4. What was the effect of the nobility trying to return to government in France?
5. What idea does Hobsbawm say was just being developed after the turning point of 1830?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)