|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Revolutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which areas were best connected, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) The islands.
(b) The farm country.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The seacoasts.
2. What area was affected by what Hobsbawm calls the third wave of revolutions?
(a) Eastern Europe.
(b) The Mediterranean.
(c) Western Europe.
(d) All of Europe.
3. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
4. How large were the circles within which people moved in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Much larger than today.
(b) Much smaller than today.
(c) Smaller than today for some people, but larger for others.
(d) They were much more spread out.
5. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
(a) The ancient Greeks.
(b) The Industrial Revolution.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The French Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the international congress among Europe's ruling nations dissolve after a few years?
2. What was production freed from in the 1780s?
3. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
4. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
5. Where does Hobsbawm say the first wave of revolutions took place after the French Revolution?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)