Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large were the circles within which people moved in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Smaller than today for some people, but larger for others.
(b) Much smaller than today.
(c) Much larger than today.
(d) They were much more spread out.
2. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
(a) New forms of government.
(b) Freedom movements in the Catalan region.
(c) Resistance to democracy.
(d) Resistance to monarchy.
3. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) France's war with Britain.
(b) France's war with Austria.
(c) France's war with Prussia.
(d) France's war with Russia.
4. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world of 1789 was bigger than today?
(a) Hobsbawm says that the population was bigger than today.
(b) Hobsbawm says that much of the Earth was still unexplored.
(c) Hobsbawm says that people were bigger than today.
(d) Hobsbawm says that distances seemed much bigger than today.
5. In what did England lead Europe, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Political freedoms.
(b) Raw material production.
(c) Per capita trade.
(d) Moral philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
2. What was the age of scientific and political progress in the 1700s called?
3. What did the monarchy do in response to France's financial crisis in the 1780s?
4. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
5. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)