|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
2. Which areas were best connected, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) The farm country.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The islands.
(d) The seacoasts.
3. What was the result of improvements in the technology of spinning and weaving?
(a) Increased output.
(b) Decreased farm size.
(c) Increased tax revenue from the cotton trade.
(d) Decreased need for labor.
4. What does Hobsbawm say the major European powers agreed on after the French Revolution?
(a) Revolutionary movements should be contained.
(b) Revolutions should be a way of eliminating the aristocrats.
(c) Revolutions should be used to reinforce the ruling class.
(d) Revolutions should be used as tools for developing nationalism.
5. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
(a) Create a niche.
(b) Buy locally, sell globally.
(c) Get big or die.
(d) Buy low, sell high.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't France invade any territories after the French Revolution?
2. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
3. What cause did Russian and Britain support together after the French Revolution?
4. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
5. What cause did Russia and Britain disagree over after the French Revolution?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)