|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
(a) The ancient Greeks.
(b) The Industrial Revolution.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The Renaissance.
2. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
(a) They turned their estates into communes.
(b) They helped turn over their wealth and the Church's wealth to the people.
(c) They fled to other monarchies.
(d) They organized resistance within France.
3. Why didn't disagreements between nations reach the level of international war?
(a) Because the nations were bound by alliances.
(b) Because there was a relative balance of powers.
(c) Because the treaties signed after the French Revolution forbade it.
(d) Because the populaces had all been decimated.
4. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
(a) Freedom movements in the Catalan region.
(b) Resistance to democracy.
(c) Resistance to monarchy.
(d) New forms of government.
5. What was the age of scientific and political progress in the 1700s called?
(b) The Romantic period.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Enlightenment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
2. Where did Russia expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
3. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
4. What did the French Revolution demonstrate to the rest of Europe?
5. Who dominated the Third Estate in the 1780s in France?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)