|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't disagreements between nations reach the level of international war?
(a) Because the populaces had all been decimated.
(b) Because the nations were bound by alliances.
(c) Because there was a relative balance of powers.
(d) Because the treaties signed after the French Revolution forbade it.
2. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
(a) Get big or die.
(b) Create a niche.
(c) Buy low, sell high.
(d) Buy locally, sell globally.
3. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
(a) In warehouses.
(b) In the market.
(c) At home.
(d) In communal workshops.
4. What cause did Russian and Britain support together after the French Revolution?
(a) The independence of Finland.
(b) The independence of Turkey.
(c) The independence of Greece.
(d) The independence of Poland.
5. What was production freed from in the 1780s?
(a) The limitations imposed by years of war.
(b) The limitations of earlier production techniques.
(c) The limitations imposed by limited raw materials.
(d) The limitations imposed by population size.
Short Answer Questions
1. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
2. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
3. Why did the international congress among Europe's ruling nations dissolve after a few years?
4. What, in Hobsbawm's view, was the economic result of the French Revolution?
5. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)