|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which nation was the exception to the rule that Europe was ruled by absolute monarchs, in the late 1700s?
2. What cause did Russian and Britain support together after the French Revolution?
(a) The independence of Turkey.
(b) The independence of Poland.
(c) The independence of Greece.
(d) The independence of Finland.
3. Europe was ruled by Britain, France, Austria, Prussia and which nation?
4. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
(a) The need for mercantile power.
(b) The need to dominate trade routes.
(c) The need for profit.
(d) The need for monopoly.
5. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
(a) In the colonies.
(b) In the army.
(c) In the navy.
(d) In the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the international congress that ruled Europe called?
2. Which areas were best connected, according to Hobsbawm?
3. What was the result of improvements in the technology of spinning and weaving?
4. Why didn't disagreements between nations reach the level of international war?
5. What did the French Revolution demonstrate to the rest of Europe?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)