|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
(a) The need to dominate trade routes.
(b) The need for monopoly.
(c) The need for mercantile power.
(d) The need for profit.
2. Where were the French forces defeated in 1815?
3. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Arts and music.
(b) Morality and ethics.
(c) Science and commerce.
(d) Religion and philosophy.
4. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) France's war with Russia.
(b) France's war with Prussia.
(c) France's war with Britain.
(d) France's war with Austria.
5. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
(a) New forms of government.
(b) Freedom movements in the Catalan region.
(c) Resistance to monarchy.
(d) Resistance to democracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Europe was ruled by Britain, France, Austria, Prussia and which nation?
2. What was the Code of Napoleon?
3. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
4. How large were the circles within which people moved in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
5. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)