|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
(a) Persecuting heretics and dissenters.
(b) Ostracizing radicals and innovators.
(c) Selling government positions to noblemen.
(d) Placing competent men in bureaucratic positions.
2. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) Austria and Prussia.
(b) Russia, Prussia and Austria.
(c) Britain and Russia.
(d) All of Europe and Britain.
3. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
4. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Arts and music.
(b) Science and commerce.
(c) Religion and philosophy.
(d) Morality and ethics.
5. What was the Code of Napoleon?
(a) The currency policy that financed the Napoleonic wars.
(b) The bureaucratic system instituted in France.
(c) The criminal law instituted by Napoleon.
(d) The reform that abolished feudalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't France invade any territories after the French Revolution?
2. What was the international congress that ruled Europe called?
3. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
4. Who dominated the Third Estate in the 1780s in France?
5. Which market supplied raw materials for the cotton trade?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)