|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
(a) He conceived the idea for it.
(b) He oversaw it.
(c) He incited the people to carry it out.
(d) He was persecuted by it.
2. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
(a) New forms of government.
(b) Resistance to monarchy.
(c) Resistance to democracy.
(d) Freedom movements in the Catalan region.
3. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
4. Who does Hobsbawm say rose to prominence financing the wars?
(b) The Rockefellers.
(c) The Barings and Rothschilds.
(d) The Jews.
5. What, in Hobsbawm's view, was the economic result of the French Revolution?
(a) It ruined the means of production and created the possibility of socialism.
(b) It created room for new industries.
(c) It concentrated the refugee populations in cities, where they became workers.
(d) It devastated the continent with non-stop fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
2. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
3. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world of 1789 was bigger than today?
4. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
5. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)