|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Code of Napoleon?
(a) The currency policy that financed the Napoleonic wars.
(b) The bureaucratic system instituted in France.
(c) The criminal law instituted by Napoleon.
(d) The reform that abolished feudalism.
2. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) All of Europe and Britain.
(b) Russia, Prussia and Austria.
(c) Austria and Prussia.
(d) Britain and Russia.
3. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
4. How does Hobsbawm describe the agrarian workers of the world?
(a) He says they were unfree.
(b) He says they were efficient.
(c) He says they were united.
(d) He says they were part-owners in the estates.
5. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
(a) The need for monopoly.
(b) The need to dominate trade routes.
(c) The need for mercantile power.
(d) The need for profit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
2. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
3. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
4. What cause did Russia and Britain disagree over after the French Revolution?
5. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)