|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Morality and ethics.
(b) Religion and philosophy.
(c) Arts and music.
(d) Science and commerce.
2. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
(a) The need for mercantile power.
(b) The need to dominate trade routes.
(c) The need for monopoly.
(d) The need for profit.
3. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
(a) With France and Spain.
(b) With its colonies.
(c) With Russia and Prussia.
(d) With China and Indonesia.
4. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
(a) They helped turn over their wealth and the Church's wealth to the people.
(b) They organized resistance within France.
(c) They fled to other monarchies.
(d) They turned their estates into communes.
5. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
(a) The common people.
(b) The merchants.
(c) The bourgeoisie.
(d) The nobles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the effect of the nobility trying to return to government in France?
2. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
3. Where did Russia expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
4. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
5. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world was smaller in 1789?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)