|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Russia expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
(c) The Caucasus.
2. What crucial event does Hobsbawm say took place during the period after the French Revolution?
(a) The development of paper currency.
(b) The abolition of the slave trade.
(c) The discovery of Australia.
(d) The invention of the cotton gin.
3. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
4. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) All of Europe and Britain.
(b) Russia, Prussia and Austria.
(c) Austria and Prussia.
(d) Britain and Russia.
5. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
(a) They organized resistance within France.
(b) They helped turn over their wealth and the Church's wealth to the people.
(c) They fled to other monarchies.
(d) They turned their estates into communes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
2. In what did England lead Europe, in Hobsbawm's account?
3. How does Hobsbawm describe the agrarian workers of the world?
4. What did the French Revolution demonstrate to the rest of Europe?
5. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)