|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
(a) With its colonies.
(b) With Russia and Prussia.
(c) With France and Spain.
(d) With China and Indonesia.
2. Why did the international congress among Europe's ruling nations dissolve after a few years?
(a) Its members conspired against each other.
(b) It was replaced by another alliance.
(c) The interests of its main powers diverged.
(d) Its members launched an unsuccessful war together.
3. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world was smaller in 1789?
(a) Hobsbawm says that the Earth was smaller.
(b) Hobsbawm says that the families were smaller.
(c) Hobsbawm says that the cities were smaller.
(d) Hobsbawm says that the population was smaller.
4. What were the dates of the Napoleonic Wars?
5. What was the result of improvements in the technology of spinning and weaving?
(a) Decreased farm size.
(b) Decreased need for labor.
(c) Increased output.
(d) Increased tax revenue from the cotton trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world of 1789 was bigger than today?
2. Why didn't France invade any territories after the French Revolution?
3. What crucial event does Hobsbawm say took place during the period after the French Revolution?
4. Where were the French forces defeated in 1815?
5. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)