|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't France invade any territories after the French Revolution?
(a) The country was struggling with internal dissensions.
(b) The price of reintroducing Jacobinism was too high.
(c) The government could not raise an army large enough for any invasions.
(d) The country was burdened with too much debt.
2. Where did Russia expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
(c) The Caucasus.
3. Who dominated the Third Estate in the 1780s in France?
(a) The nobility.
(b) The middle class.
(c) The working poor.
(d) Revolutionaries and radicals.
4. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
5. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
(b) The Marne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Europe was ruled by Britain, France, Austria, Prussia and which nation?
2. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
3. What cause did Russia and Britain disagree over after the French Revolution?
4. What relationship had begun to dominate between landowners and farmers in England in the late 1700s?
5. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)