|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the French Revolution demonstrate to the rest of Europe?
(a) That Europe was not ready for democracy yet.
(b) That tyrants could use popular uprisings for their own purposes.
(c) That people could rise up to fight for their freedom.
(d) That power will always reside in the aristocracy's hands.
2. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
3. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
(b) The Marne.
4. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The Industrial Revolution.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The ancient Greeks.
5. How does Hobsbawm describe the agrarian workers of the world?
(a) He says they were unfree.
(b) He says they were united.
(c) He says they were part-owners in the estates.
(d) He says they were efficient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
2. Why did the international congress among Europe's ruling nations dissolve after a few years?
3. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
4. In what did England lead Europe, in Hobsbawm's account?
5. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)