|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't disagreements between nations reach the level of international war?
(a) Because the nations were bound by alliances.
(b) Because the treaties signed after the French Revolution forbade it.
(c) Because there was a relative balance of powers.
(d) Because the populaces had all been decimated.
2. What was the effect of the nobility trying to return to government in France?
(a) They inflamed tensions with the merchant class.
(b) They weakened the government.
(c) They widened the gap between rich and poor.
(d) They made the government more efficient.
3. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) France's war with Britain.
(b) France's war with Prussia.
(c) France's war with Russia.
(d) France's war with Austria.
4. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
(a) He incited the people to carry it out.
(b) He oversaw it.
(c) He was persecuted by it.
(d) He conceived the idea for it.
5. Which nation was the exception to the rule that Europe was ruled by absolute monarchs, in the late 1700s?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
2. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
3. What was the international congress that ruled Europe called?
4. What were the dates of the Napoleonic Wars?
5. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)