|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship had begun to dominate between landowners and farmers in England in the late 1700s?
(a) Landlord and tenant-farmer.
(b) Communal ownership.
(c) Lord and vassal.
(d) Frontiersmen were opening new lands in Europe.
2. What was the age of scientific and political progress in the 1700s called?
(a) The Romantic period.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Enlightenment.
3. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
(a) Selling government positions to noblemen.
(b) Persecuting heretics and dissenters.
(c) Ostracizing radicals and innovators.
(d) Placing competent men in bureaucratic positions.
4. Which market supplied raw materials for the cotton trade?
(c) Britain's colonies.
5. What, in Hobsbawm's view, was the economic result of the French Revolution?
(a) It devastated the continent with non-stop fighting.
(b) It created room for new industries.
(c) It ruined the means of production and created the possibility of socialism.
(d) It concentrated the refugee populations in cities, where they became workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
2. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
3. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
4. What cause did Russia and Britain disagree over after the French Revolution?
5. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)