|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
(a) The need to dominate trade routes.
(b) The need for monopoly.
(c) The need for profit.
(d) The need for mercantile power.
2. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
(a) Becaue only Britain had the commercial strength and social conditions for it.
(b) Because agriculture thrived in England's moister climate.
(c) Because the rest of the continent was consumed in war.
(d) Because the Industrial Revolution required a cooler climate.
3. What was the result of improvements in the technology of spinning and weaving?
(a) Decreased need for labor.
(b) Increased tax revenue from the cotton trade.
(c) Decreased farm size.
(d) Increased output.
4. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
5. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world was smaller in 1789?
(a) Hobsbawm says that the population was smaller.
(b) Hobsbawm says that the cities were smaller.
(c) Hobsbawm says that the Earth was smaller.
(d) Hobsbawm says that the families were smaller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
2. What cause did Russian and Britain support together after the French Revolution?
3. Europe was ruled by Britain, France, Austria, Prussia and which nation?
4. What did the French Revolution demonstrate to the rest of Europe?
5. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)