|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in Hobsbawm's view, was the economic result of the French Revolution?
(a) It devastated the continent with non-stop fighting.
(b) It created room for new industries.
(c) It concentrated the refugee populations in cities, where they became workers.
(d) It ruined the means of production and created the possibility of socialism.
2. Why didn't France invade any territories after the French Revolution?
(a) The country was struggling with internal dissensions.
(b) The country was burdened with too much debt.
(c) The government could not raise an army large enough for any invasions.
(d) The price of reintroducing Jacobinism was too high.
3. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
(a) In the colonies.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) In the navy.
(d) In the army.
4. Who does Hobsbawm say rose to prominence financing the wars?
(a) The Jews.
(b) The Rockefellers.
(c) The Barings and Rothschilds.
5. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
(a) Selling government positions to noblemen.
(b) Persecuting heretics and dissenters.
(c) Ostracizing radicals and innovators.
(d) Placing competent men in bureaucratic positions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Bastille a symbol of when the French stormed it in 1789?
2. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
3. What was the age of scientific and political progress in the 1700s called?
4. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
5. Which nation led the others in industrialization?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)