|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
(a) The British House of Lords.
(b) The British House of Commons.
(c) The American House of Representatives.
(d) The American Senate.
2. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
(a) "the most important event in world history."
(b) "the end of classical Europe."
(c) "preparation for some of the greatest changes mankind would know."
(d) "the beginning of the modern age."
3. Europe was ruled by Britain, France, Austria, Prussia and which nation?
4. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
(a) In the market.
(b) In warehouses.
(c) In communal workshops.
(d) At home.
5. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Arts and music.
(b) Science and commerce.
(c) Religion and philosophy.
(d) Morality and ethics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
2. Which nation was the exception to the rule that Europe was ruled by absolute monarchs, in the late 1700s?
3. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
4. Where did Russia expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
5. How does Hobsbawm describe the agrarian workers of the world?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)