|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which market supplied raw materials for the cotton trade?
(b) Britain's colonies.
2. Why didn't disagreements between nations reach the level of international war?
(a) Because the populaces had all been decimated.
(b) Because the nations were bound by alliances.
(c) Because there was a relative balance of powers.
(d) Because the treaties signed after the French Revolution forbade it.
3. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
(a) New forms of government.
(b) Resistance to monarchy.
(c) Resistance to democracy.
(d) Freedom movements in the Catalan region.
4. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
5. Why did the French state have a financial crisis in the 1780s?
(a) Because they had overextended themselves in their colonies.
(b) Because they helped the Americans in their Revolutionary War.
(c) Because they had brought too many workers into the labor force, and devalued their currency.
(d) Because they had lost Canada to the British.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
2. Which nation led the others in industrialization?
3. What were the dates of the Napoleonic Wars?
4. What crucial event does Hobsbawm say took place during the period after the French Revolution?
5. Who dominated the Third Estate in the 1780s in France?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)