|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
2. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world was smaller in 1789?
(a) Hobsbawm says that the population was smaller.
(b) Hobsbawm says that the cities were smaller.
(c) Hobsbawm says that the Earth was smaller.
(d) Hobsbawm says that the families were smaller.
3. What was the international congress that ruled Europe called?
(a) The European Assembly.
(b) The European Convention.
(c) The League of Nations.
(d) The Concert of Europe.
4. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) The working classes.
(b) Merchants and investors.
(c) All strata of society invested in the railroads.
(d) Nobles and aristocrats.
5. What was production freed from in the 1780s?
(a) The limitations of earlier production techniques.
(b) The limitations imposed by limited raw materials.
(c) The limitations imposed by population size.
(d) The limitations imposed by years of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cause did Russian and Britain support together after the French Revolution?
2. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
3. Why didn't disagreements between nations reach the level of international war?
4. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
5. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)