|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Secular.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The merchant class was situated between what and what, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Part-time craftsmen and markets.
(b) Political theory and practice.
(c) Industrial labor and aristocrats.
(d) Farmers and craftsmen.
2. What landmark event does Hobsbawm use as the beginning of the middle class ideology?
(a) The publication of "Bleak House".
(b) The publication of "Jane Eyre".
(c) The publication of 'Wealth of Nations".
(d) The publication of Hobbes' "Leviathan".
3. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) Austria and Prussia.
(b) All of Europe and Britain.
(c) Britain and Russia.
(d) Russia, Prussia and Austria.
4. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Religion and philosophy.
(b) Morality and ethics.
(c) Science and commerce.
(d) Arts and music.
5. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
(a) With China and Indonesia.
(b) With Russia and Prussia.
(c) With its colonies.
(d) With France and Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What capability was open to the middle class, as a result of the age of revolutions, that was not open before the revolutions?
2. Why did the French state have a financial crisis in the 1780s?
3. What was the one nation Hobsbawm says could have been considered industrialized in 1848?
4. What does Hobsbawm say the major European powers agreed on after the French Revolution?
5. Where were Protestant sects at the head of religious revivals?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)