|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Towards an Industrial World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What developed in other European countries, but not in France?
(b) A market for common goods.
(c) An export market for luxury items.
2. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) Russia, Prussia and Austria.
(b) Britain and Russia.
(c) Austria and Prussia.
(d) All of Europe and Britain.
3. Why didn't France invade any territories after the French Revolution?
(a) The price of reintroducing Jacobinism was too high.
(b) The country was burdened with too much debt.
(c) The country was struggling with internal dissensions.
(d) The government could not raise an army large enough for any invasions.
4. Which class does Hobsbawm say published and circulated native-language publications?
(a) The universities.
(b) Ex-patriate presses.
(c) Local presses.
(d) Urban presses.
5. When, in Hobsbawm's opinion, did the rate of change begin to increase quickly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
2. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
3. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
4. Where does Hobsbawm see a culture combining nationalism with the revolutionary spirit of the French Revolution?
5. Why did the international congress among Europe's ruling nations dissolve after a few years?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)