|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Towards an Industrial World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which class does Hobsbawm say published and circulated native-language publications?
(a) Urban presses.
(b) Ex-patriate presses.
(c) Local presses.
(d) The universities.
2. Where did the idea that Hobsbawm says was developing after 1830 first take root?
(a) In the middle classes.
(b) In the bourgeoisie.
(c) In the destitute.
(d) In the working poor.
3. Which nation led the others in industrialization?
4. Who does Hobsbawm say rose to prominence financing the wars?
(a) The Jews.
(b) The Rockefellers.
(d) The Barings and Rothschilds.
5. Who dominated the Orthodox Church in 1848?
Short Answer Questions
1. Europe was ruled by Britain, France, Austria, Prussia and which nation?
2. Why didn't France invade any territories after the French Revolution?
3. What idea does Hobsbawm say was just being developed after the turning point of 1830?
4. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
5. What cause did Russian and Britain support together after the French Revolution?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)