|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Towards an Industrial World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the concept of nationalism spread through Europe?
(a) From north to south.
(b) From France outward in every direction.
(c) From west to east.
(d) From east to west.
2. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
3. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
(a) The need for profit.
(b) The need for monopoly.
(c) The need to dominate trade routes.
(d) The need for mercantile power.
4. Which market supplied raw materials for the cotton trade?
(d) Britain's colonies.
5. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
(a) Resistance to democracy.
(b) New forms of government.
(c) Freedom movements in the Catalan region.
(d) Resistance to monarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cause did Russian and Britain support together after the French Revolution?
2. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
3. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
4. When, in Hobsbawm's opinion, did the rate of change begin to increase quickly?
5. What was the one nation Hobsbawm says could have been considered industrialized in 1848?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)