|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Towards an Industrial World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the concept of nationalism spread through Europe?
(a) From north to south.
(b) From east to west.
(c) From west to east.
(d) From France outward in every direction.
2. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
(a) The need to dominate trade routes.
(b) The need for monopoly.
(c) The need for mercantile power.
(d) The need for profit.
3. What was increasing at the same time that the railroads were expanding in the 1830s?
4. What began to emerge as production and industry grew in the early 1800s?
(a) An international slave trade.
(b) Industrial centers.
(c) Religious persecution.
5. Where did Russia expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
(c) The Caucasus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of improvements in the technology of spinning and weaving?
2. In Hobsbawm's account, what happened in France as industrialism expanded in neighboring countries?
3. Who does Hobsbawm say rose to prominence financing the wars?
4. What does Hobsbawm say the major European powers agreed on after the French Revolution?
5. Europe was ruled by Britain, France, Austria, Prussia and which nation?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)