|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Towards an Industrial World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
(a) In the market.
(b) In communal workshops.
(c) In warehouses.
(d) At home.
2. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) Austria and Prussia.
(b) All of Europe and Britain.
(c) Russia, Prussia and Austria.
(d) Britain and Russia.
3. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
(a) With China and Indonesia.
(b) With Russia and Prussia.
(c) With France and Spain.
(d) With its colonies.
4. What cause did Russia and Britain disagree over after the French Revolution?
(a) The independence of Greece.
(b) The independence of Turkey.
(c) The independence of Poland.
(d) The independence of Finland.
5. What was increasing at the same time that the railroads were expanding in the 1830s?
Short Answer Questions
1. What cause did Russian and Britain support together after the French Revolution?
2. Where, according to Hobsbawm, did a national movement come from the masses?
3. What trend was Hobsbawm looking for in revolts and revolutions?
4. Who does Hobsbawm say identified themselves with local traditions?
5. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)