|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Towards an Industrial World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm say revolts turned against in this period?
(a) Mercantile colonialism.
(b) Absentee landlords.
(c) Aristocratic rule.
(d) Alien rule.
2. What began to develop as industrialism developed in Europe?
(a) A gap between developed and un-developed nations.
(b) A trade war over tariffs.
(c) Lower prices as producers competed for buyers.
(d) An arms race between nations.
3. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
(a) New forms of government.
(b) Resistance to monarchy.
(c) Freedom movements in the Catalan region.
(d) Resistance to democracy.
4. What was the one nation Hobsbawm says could have been considered industrialized in 1848?
5. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
(a) With France and Spain.
(b) With China and Indonesia.
(c) With Russia and Prussia.
(d) With its colonies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the paradox in France's failure to develop its industries?
2. What does Hobsbawm say is the dual root of nationalism in Europe?
3. Europe was ruled by Britain, France, Austria, Prussia and which nation?
4. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
5. What trend was Hobsbawm looking for in revolts and revolutions?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)