|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Towards an Industrial World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dominated the Orthodox Church in 1848?
2. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
(a) "the most important event in world history."
(b) "the end of classical Europe."
(c) "the beginning of the modern age."
(d) "preparation for some of the greatest changes mankind would know."
3. What state were other economies in 1848?
(a) They were refining slave-based production methods.
(b) They were building the foundations for modern agricultural techniques.
(c) They were still linked to agriculture.
(d) They were developing politically.
4. Who does Hobsbawm say rose to prominence financing the wars?
(a) The Rockefellers.
(b) The Jews.
(d) The Barings and Rothschilds.
5. What began to emerge as production and industry grew in the early 1800s?
(a) Industrial centers.
(b) Religious persecution.
(c) An international slave trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
2. Europe was ruled by Britain, France, Austria, Prussia and which nation?
3. Where, according to Hobsbawm, did a national movement come from the masses?
4. How did the concept of nationalism spread through Europe?
5. Which class does Hobsbawm say published and circulated native-language publications?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)