|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Towards an Industrial World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
2. Who does Hobsbawm say identified themselves with local traditions?
(a) The uneducated masses.
(b) The middle class.
(c) The aristocrats.
(d) The bourgeoisie.
3. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Merchants and investors.
(b) All strata of society invested in the railroads.
(c) Nobles and aristocrats.
(d) The working classes.
4. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
(a) At home.
(b) In warehouses.
(c) In communal workshops.
(d) In the market.
5. What was the Code of Napoleon?
(a) The bureaucratic system instituted in France.
(b) The reform that abolished feudalism.
(c) The currency policy that financed the Napoleonic wars.
(d) The criminal law instituted by Napoleon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm say revolts turned against in this period?
2. What was the international congress that ruled Europe called?
3. Which class does Hobsbawm say published and circulated native-language publications?
4. What is the paradox in France's failure to develop its industries?
5. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)