|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Towards an Industrial World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Code of Napoleon?
(a) The currency policy that financed the Napoleonic wars.
(b) The criminal law instituted by Napoleon.
(c) The bureaucratic system instituted in France.
(d) The reform that abolished feudalism.
2. Europe was ruled by Britain, France, Austria, Prussia and which nation?
3. What did the French Revolution demonstrate to the rest of Europe?
(a) That power will always reside in the aristocracy's hands.
(b) That Europe was not ready for democracy yet.
(c) That people could rise up to fight for their freedom.
(d) That tyrants could use popular uprisings for their own purposes.
4. What were the dates of the Napoleonic Wars?
5. Why did the international congress among Europe's ruling nations dissolve after a few years?
(a) Its members conspired against each other.
(b) Its members launched an unsuccessful war together.
(c) It was replaced by another alliance.
(d) The interests of its main powers diverged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
2. Where did the idea that Hobsbawm says was developing after 1830 first take root?
3. What crucial event does Hobsbawm say took place during the period after the French Revolution?
4. Who dominated the Orthodox Church in 1848?
5. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)