|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Towards an Industrial World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Europe was ruled by Britain, France, Austria, Prussia and which nation?
2. What trend was Hobsbawm looking for in revolts and revolutions?
(d) Local traditions.
3. Where does Hobsbawm see a culture combining nationalism with the revolutionary spirit of the French Revolution?
4. What was increasing at the same time that the railroads were expanding in the 1830s?
5. Where, according to Hobsbawm, did a national movement come from the masses?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't disagreements between nations reach the level of international war?
2. What was production freed from in the 1780s?
3. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
4. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
5. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)