|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
(a) In the navy.
(b) In the colonies.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) In the army.
2. How did many countries impose this transformation of land use on the people?
(a) By nationalizing church and state lands.
(b) By abolishing feudalism.
(c) By seizing the aristocrats' lands for the people.
(d) By founding colonies in the New World.
3. What were the dates of the Napoleonic Wars?
4. What does Hobsbawm say had to happen to the land before its economic potential could be unleashed?
(a) The population needed to expand.
(b) The scientific understanding needed to evolve that would let farmers work the land more efficiently.
(c) The temperature of Europe had to rise one degree.
(d) It had to be freed from large owners.
5. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) Austria and Prussia.
(b) Russia, Prussia and Austria.
(c) Britain and Russia.
(d) All of Europe and Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Hobsbawm say that religion was still useful?
2. Where were Protestant sects at the head of religious revivals?
3. What did the French Revolution demonstrate to the rest of Europe?
4. What motive does Hobsbawm say would have to motivate the new owners of the land, if the land were going to develop economically?
5. What was the Code of Napoleon?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)