|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The most industrialized countries saw more and more adherents of what religion?
(c) Folk religion.
2. What was the consequence of British land reforms in India?
(a) Unprecedented efficiency.
(b) Economic failure.
(c) Guerilla warfare against the British.
(d) Decreased agricultural production.
3. Where were Protestant sects at the head of religious revivals?
(a) Britain and America.
(c) France and Spain.
(d) Austria and Prussia.
4. What does Hobsbawm say had to happen to the land before its economic potential could be unleashed?
(a) The population needed to expand.
(b) It had to be freed from large owners.
(c) The scientific understanding needed to evolve that would let farmers work the land more efficiently.
(d) The temperature of Europe had to rise one degree.
5. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
Short Answer Questions
1. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
2. Why did places that had not been conquered by France reform their land use, in Hobsbawm's opinion?
3. How were the working classes influenced by religion after the French Revolution?
4. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
5. Why, according to Hobsbawm, did land reform take place in France?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)