|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) Britain and Russia.
(b) Russia, Prussia and Austria.
(c) Austria and Prussia.
(d) All of Europe and Britain.
2. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In the colonies.
(c) In the army.
(d) In the navy.
3. What was the Code of Napoleon?
(a) The reform that abolished feudalism.
(b) The bureaucratic system instituted in France.
(c) The currency policy that financed the Napoleonic wars.
(d) The criminal law instituted by Napoleon.
4. Who does Hobsbawm say rose to prominence financing the wars?
(a) The Jews.
(b) The Barings and Rothschilds.
(c) The Rockefellers.
5. What was the consequence of French land reforms in North Africa, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) They created a discontented class of people who eventually revolted.
(b) They installed local officials as a new aristocracy.
(c) They brought civilization to North Africa for the first time.
(d) They stripped away the wealth of the North African countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motive does Hobsbawm say would have to motivate the new owners of the land, if the land were going to develop economically?
2. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
3. What was the consequence of British land reforms in India?
4. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
5. How did many countries impose this transformation of land use on the people?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)