|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) He says that fighting was widespread throughout many regions.
(b) He says that almost everyone felt the effects in one way or another.
(c) He says that the wide areas were almost totally devastated. but some were left untouched.
(d) He says that many were not affected at all.
2. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) Russia, Prussia and Austria.
(b) Britain and Russia.
(c) Austria and Prussia.
(d) All of Europe and Britain.
3. Who does Hobsbawm say rose to prominence financing the wars?
(a) The Rockefellers.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The Barings and Rothschilds.
4. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
(a) The Marne.
5. What motive does Hobsbawm say would have to motivate the new owners of the land, if the land were going to develop economically?
(a) The urge to power.
(c) Communist sympathy.
(d) The profit motive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which religions gained adherents after the French Revolution?
2. How did Hobsbawm characterize the change in the way that people related to the land, and the way land was related to the economy?
3. What was the status of the Catholic Church after the French Revolution?
4. Why did places that had not been conquered by France reform their land use, in Hobsbawm's opinion?
5. Which religion was expanding from Turkey through Africa and to the east?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)