|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
2. In what way, in Hobsbawm's account, did the nobility use religion?
(a) As a prop to demonstrate their conspicuous leisure.
(b) As a source of stability and legitimacy.
(c) As an expensive charity to donate to.
(d) As a club to keep the lower classes down.
3. In Hobsbawm's account, what did the peasantry lose by land reforms sweeping the globe in the mid-1800s?
(d) Dependence on local government.
4. Where were Protestant sects at the head of religious revivals?
(a) Britain and America.
(b) Austria and Prussia.
(d) France and Spain.
5. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) Russia, Prussia and Austria.
(b) All of Europe and Britain.
(c) Austria and Prussia.
(d) Britain and Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, according to Hobsbawm, did land reform take place in France?
2. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
3. What did the French Revolution demonstrate to the rest of Europe?
4. Who does Hobsbawm say rose to prominence financing the wars?
5. Which religions gained adherents after the French Revolution?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)