|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did many countries impose this transformation of land use on the people?
(a) By founding colonies in the New World.
(b) By seizing the aristocrats' lands for the people.
(c) By abolishing feudalism.
(d) By nationalizing church and state lands.
2. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) He says that many were not affected at all.
(b) He says that almost everyone felt the effects in one way or another.
(c) He says that the wide areas were almost totally devastated. but some were left untouched.
(d) He says that fighting was widespread throughout many regions.
3. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
(a) The Marne.
4. What was the status of the Catholic Church after the French Revolution?
(a) It was declining.
(b) It was expanding.
(c) It was appealing to the peasantry more and more.
(d) It was becoming more powerful.
5. How were the working classes influenced by religion after the French Revolution?
(a) They found consolation in the church for their hard lives.
(b) The were less influenced by it than before.
(c) They remained tithed to the church.
(d) They relied on it as another social service.
Short Answer Questions
1. How religious does Hobsbawm say the working classes were, by modern standards?
2. What was changing in the role religion played in people's lives, in Hobsbawm's account?
3. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
4. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
5. In Hobsbawm's account, what did the peasantry lose by land reforms sweeping the globe in the mid-1800s?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)