|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Code of Napoleon?
(a) The criminal law instituted by Napoleon.
(b) The reform that abolished feudalism.
(c) The bureaucratic system instituted in France.
(d) The currency policy that financed the Napoleonic wars.
2. What did the French Revolution demonstrate to the rest of Europe?
(a) That Europe was not ready for democracy yet.
(b) That power will always reside in the aristocracy's hands.
(c) That tyrants could use popular uprisings for their own purposes.
(d) That people could rise up to fight for their freedom.
3. How does Hobsbawm describe the traditional system of agriculture?
(a) As a legacy of improvements.
(b) As the foundation for industrialism.
(c) As a hindrance to economic growth.
(d) As a backwards set of superstitions.
4. Which religion was expanding from Turkey through Africa and to the east?
5. What was changing in the role religion played in people's lives, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) It was expanding into poor neighborhoods.
(b) It was in general decline.
(c) It was becoming more radical.
(d) It was becoming merely ceremonial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the state of science in the period after the French Revolution?
2. What was the consequence of British land reforms in India?
3. Who does Hobsbawm say rose to prominence financing the wars?
4. In what way does Hobsbawm say that religion was still useful?
5. In Hobsbawm's account, what did the peasantry lose by land reforms sweeping the globe in the mid-1800s?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)