|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the dates of the Napoleonic Wars?
2. Where were Protestant sects at the head of religious revivals?
(a) Britain and America.
(c) France and Spain.
(d) Austria and Prussia.
3. How did Hobsbawm characterize the change in the way that people related to the land, and the way land was related to the economy?
(a) As the most lucrative development of the period.
(b) As the most catastrophic phenomenon of the period.
(c) As the least forgivable development of the period.
(d) As the least recognized phenomenon of the period.
4. How did many countries impose this transformation of land use on the people?
(a) By founding colonies in the New World.
(b) By abolishing feudalism.
(c) By seizing the aristocrats' lands for the people.
(d) By nationalizing church and state lands.
5. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
(a) The Marne.
Short Answer Questions
1. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
2. What motive does Hobsbawm say would have to motivate the new owners of the land, if the land were going to develop economically?
3. In Hobsbawm's account, what did the peasantry gain by land reforms sweeping the globe in the mid-1800s?
4. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
5. In what way, in Hobsbawm's account, did the nobility use religion?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)