|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which religion was expanding from Turkey through Africa and to the east?
2. What was the new stance toward religion after the French Revolution?
(a) The state had seized all church lands, and the church was diminished.
(b) Radicals were openly antagonistic to the church.
(c) People were not hostile, but society was becoming more secular.
(d) The church had insinuated itself into the government.
3. What was changing in the role religion played in people's lives, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) It was in general decline.
(b) It was becoming more radical.
(c) It was expanding into poor neighborhoods.
(d) It was becoming merely ceremonial.
4. What, in Hobsbawm's view, was the economic result of the French Revolution?
(a) It created room for new industries.
(b) It devastated the continent with non-stop fighting.
(c) It concentrated the refugee populations in cities, where they became workers.
(d) It ruined the means of production and created the possibility of socialism.
5. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) Britain and Russia.
(b) Russia, Prussia and Austria.
(c) Austria and Prussia.
(d) All of Europe and Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the French Revolution demonstrate to the rest of Europe?
2. Why, according to Hobsbawm, did land reform take place in France?
3. Why did places that had not been conquered by France reform their land use, in Hobsbawm's opinion?
4. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
5. What was the consequence of French land reforms in North Africa, in Hobsbawm's account?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)