|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motive does Hobsbawm say would have to motivate the new owners of the land, if the land were going to develop economically?
(b) The urge to power.
(c) Communist sympathy.
(d) The profit motive.
2. How does Hobsbawm describe the traditional system of agriculture?
(a) As a legacy of improvements.
(b) As a backwards set of superstitions.
(c) As the foundation for industrialism.
(d) As a hindrance to economic growth.
3. What was the status of the Catholic Church after the French Revolution?
(a) It was declining.
(b) It was expanding.
(c) It was becoming more powerful.
(d) It was appealing to the peasantry more and more.
4. What were the dates of the Napoleonic Wars?
5. What was the Code of Napoleon?
(a) The currency policy that financed the Napoleonic wars.
(b) The reform that abolished feudalism.
(c) The criminal law instituted by Napoleon.
(d) The bureaucratic system instituted in France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
2. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
3. What was changing in the role religion played in people's lives, in Hobsbawm's account?
4. Where were the French forces defeated in 1815?
5. In Hobsbawm's account, what did the peasantry gain by land reforms sweeping the globe in the mid-1800s?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)