|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How religious does Hobsbawm say the working classes were, by modern standards?
(a) Still quite religious.
(b) Not religious at all.
(c) Devoutly religious, as before.
(d) More radical than before.
2. What was the consequence of French land reforms in North Africa, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) They created a discontented class of people who eventually revolted.
(b) They brought civilization to North Africa for the first time.
(c) They stripped away the wealth of the North African countries.
(d) They installed local officials as a new aristocracy.
3. The most industrialized countries saw more and more adherents of what religion?
(c) Folk religion.
4. Where were Protestant sects at the head of religious revivals?
(a) Britain and America.
(b) Austria and Prussia.
(d) France and Spain.
5. What does Hobsbawm say had to happen to the land before its economic potential could be unleashed?
(a) The scientific understanding needed to evolve that would let farmers work the land more efficiently.
(b) The temperature of Europe had to rise one degree.
(c) The population needed to expand.
(d) It had to be freed from large owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which religion was expanding from Turkey through Africa and to the east?
2. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
3. What did the land have to be turned into before it could be developed economically, in Hobsbawm's opinion?
4. What was changing in the role religion played in people's lives, in Hobsbawm's account?
5. What was the consequence of British land reforms in India?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)