|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) Russia, Prussia and Austria.
(b) Britain and Russia.
(c) Austria and Prussia.
(d) All of Europe and Britain.
2. How were the working classes influenced by religion after the French Revolution?
(a) They remained tithed to the church.
(b) The were less influenced by it than before.
(c) They relied on it as another social service.
(d) They found consolation in the church for their hard lives.
3. What was changing in the role religion played in people's lives, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) It was becoming merely ceremonial.
(b) It was in general decline.
(c) It was becoming more radical.
(d) It was expanding into poor neighborhoods.
4. What was the Code of Napoleon?
(a) The currency policy that financed the Napoleonic wars.
(b) The reform that abolished feudalism.
(c) The criminal law instituted by Napoleon.
(d) The bureaucratic system instituted in France.
5. How did many countries impose this transformation of land use on the people?
(a) By seizing the aristocrats' lands for the people.
(b) By founding colonies in the New World.
(c) By abolishing feudalism.
(d) By nationalizing church and state lands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
2. Why, according to Hobsbawm, did land reform take place in France?
3. What did the French Revolution demonstrate to the rest of Europe?
4. In what way, in Hobsbawm's account, did the nobility use religion?
5. What was the consequence of French land reforms in North Africa, in Hobsbawm's account?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)