|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
(a) In the army.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) In the colonies.
(d) In the navy.
2. The most industrialized countries saw more and more adherents of what religion?
(a) Folk religion.
3. What were the dates of the Napoleonic Wars?
4. What was the new stance toward religion after the French Revolution?
(a) People were not hostile, but society was becoming more secular.
(b) The church had insinuated itself into the government.
(c) Radicals were openly antagonistic to the church.
(d) The state had seized all church lands, and the church was diminished.
5. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
(c) The Marne.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hobsbawm describe the traditional system of agriculture?
2. Which religion was expanding from Turkey through Africa and to the east?
3. What did the land have to be turned into before it could be developed economically, in Hobsbawm's opinion?
4. Where were Protestant sects at the head of religious revivals?
5. Who does Hobsbawm say rose to prominence financing the wars?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)