|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) Austria and Prussia.
(b) Russia, Prussia and Austria.
(c) Britain and Russia.
(d) All of Europe and Britain.
2. Which religion was expanding from Turkey through Africa and to the east?
3. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
(a) Freedom movements in the Catalan region.
(b) Resistance to monarchy.
(c) New forms of government.
(d) Resistance to democracy.
4. In what way does Hobsbawm say that religion was still useful?
(a) As nostalgia for an earlier golden age.
(b) As propaganda to build nationalism.
(c) As propaganda to justify xenophobia.
(d) As a prop to secure the middle class.
5. What was the status of the Catholic Church after the French Revolution?
(a) It was expanding.
(b) It was becoming more powerful.
(c) It was appealing to the peasantry more and more.
(d) It was declining.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the new stance toward religion after the French Revolution?
2. What was the Code of Napoleon?
3. What was the consequence of French land reforms in North Africa, in Hobsbawm's account?
4. Who does Hobsbawm say rose to prominence financing the wars?
5. How were the working classes influenced by religion after the French Revolution?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)