|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country helped the new China Republic to rebuild their salt industry?
2. Who was forbidden to trade with the United States after the revolution?
3. What country does the author return to in Chapter 23?
4. What did Humphry Davy invent?
5. What did people find in the USA whilst looking for salt deposits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the French hate salt taxes so much?
2. How did Morton become the world's largest salt producer?
3. How did the South finally get its supplies of salt?
4. How did the Indians react to the British banning the trade of their salt?
5. How did the Americans try to combat the British blockade?
6. How was Tabasco invented?
7. How did the British help the Chinese in 1912?
8. What problem does the Dead Sea have?
9. What is unique about the Dead Sea?
10. Why have people decreased their salt intake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did salt help to develop European society? What problems did Europeans have before salt was readily available?
Essay Topic 2
Why was Humphry Davy in the development of salt? What problems has Davy's discovery caused?
Essay Topic 3
How did the salt trade help to develop transport systems in Europe and America? How did countries use these trading systems during times of conflict?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)