|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sea that runs alongside Jordan and Israel?
2. What type of drilling took over percussion drilling in 1943?
3. Where is the one place salted meats have survived?
4. Which country does Chapter 23 examine?
5. Where were the Mormons before they settled in Utah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was India ruled entirely by a British government in 1857?
2. What impact did Humphry Davy have on the salt industry?
3. What problem does the Dead Sea have?
4. How did the Americans try to combat the British blockade?
5. What happened to Cheshire salt?
6. While were the colonies of Massachusetts and Virgina so reliant on Britain?
7. How did the South finally get its supplies of salt?
8. In what areas dishes does the heavy use of salt still survive?
9. How did Morton become the world's largest salt producer?
10. How did the Dead Sea become a health spa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way has salt been an indicator of wealth? How have the authorities tries to use salt to control the masses?
Essay Topic 2
Why did salt start to become less important to society in the 19th century? How did this affect the food industry in both Europe and America?
Essay Topic 3
What role does salt play in today's society? Why is it likely salt will always play a major part in society?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)