Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of the USA was oil discovered?
2. What is the title of Chapter 17?
3. Where did a group of speculators find salt deposits underground?
4. What major even occurred in India in 1947?
5. By what name was Cincinnati also known as?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the construction of Kurlansky's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Kurlansky's argument?
Essay Topic 2
What health problems can salt cause? How have countries tried to combat the health problems caused by too much salt?
Essay Topic 3
How did Venice develop into a center for salt trading? How did they maximize their profits and in what way did this lead to their eventual demise?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)