|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 22?
2. What type of drilling took over percussion drilling in 1943?
3. What country was Matthias Schleiden from?
4. What did soldiers and salt workers set up next to the salt works?
5. What is the name of the canal the Americans built on New York to transport salt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the northern states immediately get one over the southern states at the start of the Civil War?
2. What happened to Cheshire salt?
3. How did the Indians react to the British banning the trade of their salt?
4. While were the colonies of Massachusetts and Virgina so reliant on Britain?
5. What problem does the Dead Sea have?
6. In what areas dishes does the heavy use of salt still survive?
7. How did a man called Appert destroy the salt industry?
8. Why was India ruled entirely by a British government in 1857?
9. Why do people combine salt and sugar?
10. How did the British help the Chinese in 1912?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's writing style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
What health problems can salt cause? How have countries tried to combat the health problems caused by too much salt?
Essay Topic 3
In what way has salt been an indicator of wealth? How have the authorities tries to use salt to control the masses?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)