|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What started developing all over England that caused problems to brine production?
2. What is the title of Chapter 26?
3. What country does the author return to in Chapter 23?
4. What did Appert invent?
5. What party did Deng Xiaoping become the leader of in the latter part of the twentieth century?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the French finance minister reform the salt taxes?
2. How did the British help the Chinese in 1912?
3. How did the French deal with salt smugglers?
4. How did the Dead Sea become a health spa?
5. How did Britain change the salt industry in India?
6. How did the American War of Independence begin?
7. What virtually destroyed the salt industry in China in 1995?
8. Why do people believe the Dead Sea is so salty?
9. How did the Indians react to the British banning the trade of their salt?
10. Why do people combine salt and sugar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Basque culture like before they discovered how important salt was? How did salt change the Basque way of life?
Essay Topic 2
What importance have the following groups attached to salt?
2. Greek philosophers.
Essay Topic 3
How did the rise in salt trade change Europe and the relations between the individual countries? How did the rise in salt trade effect individuals lives? In what what way could it be said they salt trade was partly responsible for many conflicts and tensions during this time?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)