|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 16?
2. Where does Chapter 22 take place?
3. What did the Kibbutz eventually turn into?
4. What is the name of the world's most common salt producer?
5. What does Chapter 25 talk about the connection between?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem does the Dead Sea have?
2. What problems do the British salt mines have in this section?
3. Why have people decreased their salt intake?
4. What did Birdseye discover?
5. How did Britain enforce the new salt laws?
6. Why do people believe the Dead Sea is so salty?
7. How did the British help the Chinese in 1912?
8. In what areas dishes does the heavy use of salt still survive?
9. How did the French deal with salt smugglers?
10. Why did another war breakout between America and Britain in 1812?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did salt start to become less important to society in the 19th century? How did this affect the food industry in both Europe and America?
Essay Topic 2
Why was Humphry Davy in the development of salt? What problems has Davy's discovery caused?
Essay Topic 3
In what way has salt been an indicator of wealth? How have the authorities tries to use salt to control the masses?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)