|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 19?
2. In what town was China salt production centered?
3. What type of drilling took over percussion drilling in 1943?
4. What form of resistance did Gandhi develop while in jail?
5. What did the American south lack adequate supplies for against the north?
Short Essay Questions
1. What virtually destroyed the salt industry in China in 1995?
2. Why did another war breakout between America and Britain in 1812?
3. Why was India ruled entirely by a British government in 1857?
4. How did the French deal with salt smugglers?
5. Why do people believe the Dead Sea is so salty?
6. In what areas dishes does the heavy use of salt still survive?
7. While were the colonies of Massachusetts and Virgina so reliant on Britain?
8. How did Britain enforce the new salt laws?
9. How did the British help the Chinese in 1912?
10. Why have people decreased their salt intake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did cod become such an important source of food? How did the discovery of cod by the Europeans effect European industry?
Essay Topic 2
In what way has salt been an indicator of wealth? How have the authorities tries to use salt to control the masses?
Essay Topic 3
What health problems can salt cause? How have countries tried to combat the health problems caused by too much salt?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)