|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 26?
2. What famous company did a man named Birdseye form?
3. What is the title of Chapter 21?
4. What is the name of the world's most common salt producer?
5. What is Appert's nationality?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What health problems can salt cause? How have countries tried to combat the health problems caused by too much salt?
Essay Topic 2
Why did salt start to become less important to society in the 19th century? How did this affect the food industry in both Europe and America?
Essay Topic 3
Why is salt essential to our diet? What problems can too much salt in our diets cause?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)