|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What revolution began in 1789?
2. What part of Virginia sided with the union?
3. What famous company did a man named Birdseye form?
4. What started developing all over England that caused problems to brine production?
5. What was the most famous brand of sea salt from India before the British came?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Indians react to the British banning the trade of their salt?
2. How did Britain change the salt industry in India?
3. Why do people combine salt and sugar?
4. How did New York improve the salt industry after the 1812 war?
5. How did the British help the Chinese in 1912?
6. Why do people believe the Dead Sea is so salty?
7. While were the colonies of Massachusetts and Virgina so reliant on Britain?
8. Why have people decreased their salt intake?
9. Why did another war breakout between America and Britain in 1812?
10. How did the French finance minister reform the salt taxes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Venice develop into a center for salt trading? How did they maximize their profits and in what way did this lead to their eventual demise?
Essay Topic 2
Why did salt start to become less important to society in the 19th century? How did this affect the food industry in both Europe and America?
Essay Topic 3
How did the salt trade help to develop transport systems in Europe and America? How did countries use these trading systems during times of conflict?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)