|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose work did Gandhi read in jail while in India?
2. In which part of the state did Israel set up a salt works?
3. Where does Chapter 22 take place?
4. Why did the British claim it was okay to kidnap American soldiers?
5. Who was forbidden to trade with the United States after the revolution?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Tabasco invented?
2. How did Britain enforce the new salt laws?
3. How did the British help the Chinese in 1912?
4. How did the Dead Sea become a health spa?
5. How did the South finally get its supplies of salt?
6. How did the Americans try to combat the British blockade?
7. How did the French finance minister reform the salt taxes?
8. Why did another war breakout between America and Britain in 1812?
9. How did the American War of Independence begin?
10. What did Birdseye discover?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the salt trade help to develop transport systems in Europe and America? How did countries use these trading systems during times of conflict?
Essay Topic 2
How did the rise in salt trade change Europe and the relations between the individual countries? How did the rise in salt trade effect individuals lives? In what what way could it be said they salt trade was partly responsible for many conflicts and tensions during this time?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the Dead Sea so important to Israeli industry? Why could the Dead Sea soon disappear?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)