Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of the USA was oil discovered?
2. What is the title of Chapter 17?
3. Where did a group of speculators find salt deposits underground?
4. What major even occurred in India in 1947?
5. By what name was Cincinnati also known as?
Essay Topic 1
In what way has salt been an indicator of wealth? How have the authorities tries to use salt to control the masses?
Essay Topic 2
What part did salt play in the following conflicts?
1. The American Revolution.
2. The French Revolution.
3. The American Civil War.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's writing style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)