|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What party did Deng Xiaoping become the leader of in the latter part of the twentieth century?
2. Which country are said to be the largest consumers of salt in the world?
3. What was Jean Baptiste Colbert's role in the French government?
4. What is Appert's nationality?
5. What does Chapter 25 talk about the connection between?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems do the British salt mines have in this section?
2. How did the Indians react to the British banning the trade of their salt?
3. How did Britain enforce the new salt laws?
4. How did New York improve the salt industry after the 1812 war?
5. What happened to Cheshire salt?
6. How was Tabasco invented?
7. What impact did Humphry Davy have on the salt industry?
8. Why have people decreased their salt intake?
9. How did the Dead Sea become a health spa?
10. How did a man called Appert destroy the salt industry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way has salt been an indicator of wealth? How have the authorities tries to use salt to control the masses?
Essay Topic 2
How did salt help to develop European society? What problems did Europeans have before salt was readily available?
Essay Topic 3
How were the following countries important in the development of salt?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)