|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 24?
2. What did the American south lack adequate supplies for against the north?
3. What started developing all over England that caused problems to brine production?
4. What did Humphry Davy invent?
5. What did the Kibbutz eventually turn into?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Venice develop into a center for salt trading? How did they maximize their profits and in what way did this lead to their eventual demise?
Essay Topic 2
Why was Humphry Davy in the development of salt? What problems has Davy's discovery caused?
Essay Topic 3
In what way did salt play a major part in India gaining independence from the British in 1948? How had the British used salt to oppress the Indians previously?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)