|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous American had Parmesan shipped to America?
2. What is the author discussing at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. How does one know if an English town was once a salt producing town?
4. On which river are the Salzburg and Hallein salt mines located?
5. What is the name of the national dish of Poland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did another war breakout between America and Britain in 1812?
2. How did the northern states immediately get one over the southern states at the start of the Civil War?
3. How did Salzburg cause the Salt War?
4. How did New York improve the salt industry after the 1812 war?
5. What was the policy known as common salt?
6. How did the Basques discover cod?
7. Why did the author become fascinated by salt?
8. How did the Indians react to the British banning the trade of their salt?
9. Why have people decreased their salt intake?
10. Why is cod a perfect fish for salting?
Essay Topic 1
Why is salt essential to our diet? What problems can too much salt in our diets cause?
Essay Topic 2
In what way did salt play a major part in India gaining independence from the British in 1948? How had the British used salt to oppress the Indians previously?
Essay Topic 3
What health problems can salt cause? How have countries tried to combat the health problems caused by too much salt?
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)