Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which empire did Marco Polo study for twenty-five years?
2. What is the direct translation of Saltzburg?
3. Which emperor lead the Romans to victory against the Celts?
4. What fish did the Basque find was more valuable than whale meat?
5. What did the Egyptians mix with Brine to make Oxalme?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Cheshire salt?
2. What was Garum?
3. What virtually destroyed the salt industry in China in 1995?
4. Why did pilgrims in New England rely so heavily on salt?
5. How did the people of Parma make their ham?
6. Why were the Celts viewed as fearsome warriors?
7. Why do people combine salt and sugar?
8. In what way can American history be described as a constant struggle over salt?
9. Why were the Basques different from other Europeans?
10. What is unique about the Dead Sea?
How did Venice develop into a center for salt trading? How did they maximize their profits and in what way did this lead to their eventual demise?
How were the following countries important in the development of salt?
What importance have the following groups attached to salt?
2. Greek philosophers.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)