|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What culture is the author talking about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. What is the title of Chapter 15?
3. What did the Parma locals feed their pigs?
4. What is Parmigiano-Reggiano more commonly known as?
5. In which country does the author say he bought the rock?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Chinese develop soy sauce?
2. How did Salzburg cause the Salt War?
3. How did salt help in developing one of the world's first plumbing systems?
4. What was Garum?
5. Why were the Celts viewed as fearsome warriors?
6. What influence has salt had on modern day language?
7. How did the Chinese make salt in 800 BC.
8. What was the policy known as common salt?
9. How did the British make salt?
10. How did the Basques earn their fortune before the discovery of salt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How were the following countries important in the development of salt?
Essay Topic 2
What part did salt play in the following conflicts?
1. The American Revolution.
2. The French Revolution.
3. The American Civil War.
Essay Topic 3
How did salt help to develop European society? What problems did Europeans have before salt was readily available?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)