|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main town of Merseyside?
2. Why were dead bodies so important to the Egyptians?
3. In which country is Salzburg a town?
4. How do the Chinese refer to the system of harvesting the square crystals on the surface of the water?
5. What is the name of the national dish of Poland?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Britain change the salt industry in India?
2. Why were the Basques different from other Europeans?
3. How did the French finance minister reform the salt taxes?
4. What was Garum?
5. How did the northern states immediately get one over the southern states at the start of the Civil War?
6. Why did the author become fascinated by salt?
7. What impact did Humphry Davy have on the salt industry?
8. While were the colonies of Massachusetts and Virgina so reliant on Britain?
9. Why did the French hate salt taxes so much?
10. How did the Basques earn their fortune before the discovery of salt?
Essay Topic 1
What role does salt play in today's society? Why is it likely salt will always play a major part in society?
Essay Topic 2
Why was Humphry Davy in the development of salt? What problems has Davy's discovery caused?
Essay Topic 3
How did the rise in salt trade change Europe and the relations between the individual countries? How did the rise in salt trade effect individuals lives? In what what way could it be said they salt trade was partly responsible for many conflicts and tensions during this time?
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)