|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which state did Jefferson live?
2. What is the title of Chapter 13?
3. Which of the following Italian cities flourished after the fall of Rome?
4. What vegetable did the French peasants serve lean blubber with?
5. What prevents salt from absorbing into meat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Garum?
2. How did Morton become the world's largest salt producer?
3. What did Birdseye discover?
4. How is Roquefort cheese made?
5. Why was the castle of Cardona built on a mountainside?
6. How did Christopher Columbus cause the decline of Venice?
7. How did the Dead Sea become a health spa?
8. How did Salzburg cause the Salt War?
9. How did salt help the Swedes economically?
10. What did the Japanese used to believe about salt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is salt essential to our diet? What problems can too much salt in our diets cause?
Essay Topic 2
How were the following countries important in the development of salt?
Essay Topic 3
What part did salt play in the following conflicts?
1. The American Revolution.
2. The French Revolution.
3. The American Civil War.
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)