|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Parma locals feed their pigs?
2. Why was cod such an important find?
3. Which continent did the Vikings go to in search of cod?
4. Which of the following industries was one of the cornerstones of the Roman economy?
5. What famous American had Parmesan shipped to America?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the castle of Cardona built on a mountainside?
2. How did salt help in developing one of the world's first plumbing systems?
3. Why were the Basques different from other Europeans?
4. How did Salzburg cause the Salt War?
5. How did the Basques discover cod?
6. How did the Chinese develop soy sauce?
7. How do the people of Parma make their cheese?
8. How did the British make salt?
9. How did salt become the foundation of the commercial empire in Venice?
10. What was the policy known as common salt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What importance have the following groups attached to salt?
2. Greek philosophers.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Why was Humphry Davy in the development of salt? What problems has Davy's discovery caused?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)