|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country was Matthias Schleiden from?
2. In which state is the Great Salt Lake located?
(b) New York.
3. What religious group settled in the state of Utah?
4. Which country are said to be the largest consumers of salt in the world?
5. What is the name of the island the Louisiana salt works owners bought?
(a) Dean Island.
(b) Mormon Island.
(c) Ellis Island.
(d) Avery Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which part of the state did Israel set up a salt works?
2. What is the title of Chapter 22?
3. What did people find in England while looking for salt deposits?
4. What country does the author return to in Chapter 23?
5. What revolution began in 1789?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do people believe the Dead Sea is so salty?
2. While were the colonies of Massachusetts and Virgina so reliant on Britain?
3. How did Morton become the world's largest salt producer?
4. How did Britain enforce the new salt laws?
5. How did the American War of Independence begin?
6. How did New York improve the salt industry after the 1812 war?
7. What virtually destroyed the salt industry in China in 1995?
8. What happened to Cheshire salt?
9. How did the Americans try to combat the British blockade?
10. What impact did Humphry Davy have on the salt industry?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)