|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sea that runs alongside Jordan and Israel?
(a) The Red Sea.
(b) The Dead Sea.
(c) The Persian Sea.
(d) The Kuwait Sea.
2. Which of the following people were exempt from military service in the American War for Independence?
(c) Postal workers.
(d) Salt workers.
3. What is Sodium Chloride better known as?
(a) Sniffing salt.
(b) Body salt.
(c) Table salt.
(d) Cooking salt.
4. What is the title of Chapter 23?
(a) The Last Week in Pittsburgh.
(b) A Useful Tool.
(c) The Last Day of Zigong.
(d) Creating the New World.
5. Where does Chapter 22 take place?
(c) The Middle East.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which continent has salt consumption almost halved?
2. What was the most famous brand of sea salt from India before the British came?
3. Why did the British ban Orissa salt?
4. What was the French salt tax also known as?
5. What is Nitrous Oxide more commonly known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do people combine salt and sugar?
2. What virtually destroyed the salt industry in China in 1995?
3. What problems do the British salt mines have in this section?
4. How did the British help the Chinese in 1912?
5. Why have people decreased their salt intake?
6. How did the northern states immediately get one over the southern states at the start of the Civil War?
7. How did New York improve the salt industry after the 1812 war?
8. How was Tabasco invented?
9. How did the South finally get its supplies of salt?
10. How did the French deal with salt smugglers?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)