|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 23?
(a) A Useful Tool.
(b) Creating the New World.
(c) The Last Week in Pittsburgh.
(d) The Last Day of Zigong.
2. What was the most famous brand of sea salt from India before the British came?
3. What was Jean Baptiste Colbert's role in the French government?
(a) Deputy minister.
(c) Foreign minister.
(d) Finance minister.
4. What color was the brine the settlers in San Francisco took from the sea before the made it into salt?
5. Who led the popular movement against British salt polices?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mattias Schleiden claim was the mark of all tyrannies?
2. Where did a group of speculators find salt deposits underground?
3. What subject does the author discuss in Chapter 19?
4. Where were the Mormons before they settled in Utah?
5. Wht did international health group begin to worry about the effects of salt?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)