|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the island the Louisiana salt works owners bought?
(a) Ellis Island.
(b) Avery Island.
(c) Dean Island.
(d) Mormon Island.
2. What process did Davy use to break down Nitrous Oxide?
3. Which country are said to be the largest consumers of salt in the world?
4. What did people find in England while looking for salt deposits?
5. What is the title of Chapter 24?
(a) Ma, La and Mao.
(b) Big Lake, Little Salt.
(c) Call the Doctor.
(d) More Salt Than Fish,
Short Answer Questions
1. What does sodium become if one isolates the chemical chlorine?
2. In which English town does Chapter 20 take place?
3. In which part of the state did Israel set up a salt works?
4. What is the name of the popular salted salmon dish?
5. Where were the Mormons before they settled in Utah?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did New York improve the salt industry after the 1812 war?
2. How did the Indians react to the British banning the trade of their salt?
3. Why was India ruled entirely by a British government in 1857?
4. What happened to Cheshire salt?
5. What is unique about the Dead Sea?
6. How did the French finance minister reform the salt taxes?
7. What did Birdseye discover?
8. How did the British help the Chinese in 1912?
9. How did the American War of Independence begin?
10. In what areas dishes does the heavy use of salt still survive?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)