|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose work did Gandhi read in jail while in India?
2. What did Humphry Davy invent?
3. What ocean did people originally think the Dead Sea was part of?
(a) The Mediterranean.
(b) The Pacific.
(c) The Indian.
(d) The Atlantic.
4. What is the name of the sea that runs alongside Jordan and Israel?
(a) The Kuwait Sea.
(b) The Dead Sea.
(c) The Red Sea.
(d) The Persian Sea.
5. What did Appert invent?
(a) Cooking salt.
(b) The idea of drying out meat.
(c) The use of chlorine in swimming pools.
(d) The use of cans for preserving food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the war Israel fought in 1948?
2. In which state is the Great Salt Lake located?
3. On which continent has salt consumption almost halved?
4. Where is the one place salted meats have survived?
5. What is the title of Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about the Dead Sea?
2. How did the American War of Independence begin?
3. Why do people believe the Dead Sea is so salty?
4. How did the British help the Chinese in 1912?
5. How did the Indians react to the British banning the trade of their salt?
6. How did the Dead Sea become a health spa?
7. Why have people decreased their salt intake?
8. How did a man called Appert destroy the salt industry?
9. What happened to Cheshire salt?
10. How did the Americans try to combat the British blockade?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)