|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Americans mostly use their salt for?
(b) Making chocolate.
(c) De-icing roads.
(d) Religious practises.
2. Where were the Mormons before they settled in Utah?
(a) The East Coast.
(b) The Midwest.
(c) The Mexican border.
(d) The West Coast.
3. What did Humphry Davy invent?
4. In which state is the Great Salt Lake located?
(d) New York.
5. What ocean did people originally think the Dead Sea was part of?
(a) The Pacific.
(b) The Mediterranean.
(c) The Indian.
(d) The Atlantic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 23?
2. What is the name of the mountain made entirely from rock salt?
3. What is the title of Chapter 24?
4. Which country are said to be the largest consumers of salt in the world?
5. What did Union forces destroy in West Virginia in 1862?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the French finance minister reform the salt taxes?
2. How did the American War of Independence begin?
3. How did the Americans try to combat the British blockade?
4. How did Britain enforce the new salt laws?
5. How did the Indians react to the British banning the trade of their salt?
6. How did a man called Appert destroy the salt industry?
7. How did New York improve the salt industry after the 1812 war?
8. Why do people combine salt and sugar?
9. How was Tabasco invented?
10. What is unique about the Dead Sea?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)