|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the mountain made entirely from rock salt?
(a) Mount Sodom.
(b) Mount Nazareth.
(c) Mount Exodus.
(d) Mount Leone.
2. What does Chapter 25 talk about the connection between?
(a) China and Japan.
(b) Britain and CHina.
(c) Saltiness and ill health.
(d) Saltiness and sweetness.
3. Why did the British ban Orissa salt?
(a) So they could market their own salt.
(b) It was causing disease among the British community.
(c) Because it was causing tensions within the country.
(d) Because it was used for religious practises.
4. What is the title of Chapter 26?
(a) Find Me Some Friends.
(b) Salt in the Water.
(c) Big Lake, Little Salt.
(d) A Little Too Salty.
5. What is the title of Chapter 16?
(a) Purple Salt.
(b) Red Salt.
(c) Divided Between Worlds.
(d) The War Between the Salts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was it illegal to salt in France during the salt tax?
2. What did people find in the USA whilst looking for salt deposits?
3. What country does the author return to in Chapter 23?
4. What type of drilling took over percussion drilling in 1943?
5. Which county colonized India for hundreds of years?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do people combine salt and sugar?
2. Why do people believe the Dead Sea is so salty?
3. How did a man called Appert destroy the salt industry?
4. Why did another war breakout between America and Britain in 1812?
5. How did the Americans try to combat the British blockade?
6. What problems do the British salt mines have in this section?
7. How did Britain change the salt industry in India?
8. How did Morton become the world's largest salt producer?
9. What problem does the Dead Sea have?
10. In what areas dishes does the heavy use of salt still survive?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)