|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the canal the Americans built on New York to transport salt?
(a) The Amsterdam.
(b) The Erie.
(c) The Weener.
(d) The Cod.
2. What type of drilling took over percussion drilling in 1943?
(a) Pnuematic drilling.
(b) Rotary drilling.
(c) Force drilling.
(d) Clock drilling.
3. What party did Deng Xiaoping become the leader of in the latter part of the twentieth century?
(a) The Communist party.
(b) The Socialist party.
(c) The Capitalist party.
(d) The Fascist party.
4. Which country consumes the most salt?
5. In which part of China does Cantonese food come from?
(a) The South.
(b) The West.
(c) The North.
(d) The East.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town was China salt production centered?
2. What does Chapter 25 talk about the connection between?
3. What is the title of Chapter 18?
4. What is the title of Chapter 17?
5. What does the author say the Chinese are obsessed with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What virtually destroyed the salt industry in China in 1995?
2. How did Morton become the world's largest salt producer?
3. How did the American War of Independence begin?
4. What impact did Humphry Davy have on the salt industry?
5. In what areas dishes does the heavy use of salt still survive?
6. What is unique about the Dead Sea?
7. How did the French deal with salt smugglers?
8. How was Tabasco invented?
9. How did the South finally get its supplies of salt?
10. How did the Indians react to the British banning the trade of their salt?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)