|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people were exempt from military service in the American War for Independence?
(a) Postal workers.
(b) Salt workers.
2. What did Union forces destroy in West Virginia in 1862?
(a) The salt works.
(b) The steel works.
(c) The tobacco plantation.
(d) The Virginia university.
3. What did Sarah Hale discover could preserve fish?
4. What party did Deng Xiaoping become the leader of in the latter part of the twentieth century?
(a) The Communist party.
(b) The Fascist party.
(c) The Socialist party.
(d) The Capitalist party.
5. What is the title of Chapter 19?
(a) The Mythology of Geology.
(b) Up and At 'em.
(c) The Soil Never Sets on.
(d) How to Survive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following type of fish is not commonly salted?
2. What form of resistance did Gandhi develop while in jail?
3. What was the name of the war Israel fought in 1948?
4. What ocean did people originally think the Dead Sea was part of?
5. What was Jean Baptiste Colbert's role in the French government?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the American War of Independence begin?
2. While were the colonies of Massachusetts and Virgina so reliant on Britain?
3. Why do people believe the Dead Sea is so salty?
4. How did New York improve the salt industry after the 1812 war?
5. Why did the French hate salt taxes so much?
6. What impact did Humphry Davy have on the salt industry?
7. How did a man called Appert destroy the salt industry?
8. Why did another war breakout between America and Britain in 1812?
9. Why do people combine salt and sugar?
10. In what areas dishes does the heavy use of salt still survive?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)