|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wht did international health group begin to worry about the effects of salt?
(a) It lacks vitamins.
(b) It lacks iron.
(c) It was being made with chemicals.
(d) It lacks iodine.
2. Why did the British claim it was okay to kidnap American soldiers?
(a) They were slave owners.
(b) They had deserted from the British Navy.
(c) They had British wives.
(d) They were not men of God.
3. What is the name of the island the Louisiana salt works owners bought?
(a) Mormon Island.
(b) Dean Island.
(c) Avery Island.
(d) Ellis Island.
4. Which country helped the new China Republic to rebuild their salt industry?
5. What river did Gandhi lead a group to in 1930 to scrape up sea salt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the Chinese are obsessed with?
2. Which of the following type of fish is not commonly salted?
3. Where does Chapter 22 take place?
4. What did Mattias Schleiden claim was the mark of all tyrannies?
5. In which part of China does Cantonese food come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have people decreased their salt intake?
2. How did Britain enforce the new salt laws?
3. How did the French finance minister reform the salt taxes?
4. What problems do the British salt mines have in this section?
5. In what areas dishes does the heavy use of salt still survive?
6. Why did another war breakout between America and Britain in 1812?
7. How did a man called Appert destroy the salt industry?
8. How did Britain change the salt industry in India?
9. What happened to Cheshire salt?
10. Why was India ruled entirely by a British government in 1857?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)