|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nitrous Oxide more commonly known as?
(a) Jumping gas.
(b) Laughing gas.
(c) Jack gas.
(d) Tear gas.
2. On which continent has salt consumption almost halved?
(a) North America.
3. What did soldiers and salt workers set up next to the salt works?
(a) A kibbutz.
(b) A church.
(c) A deli.
(d) A housing estate.
4. What party did Deng Xiaoping become the leader of in the latter part of the twentieth century?
(a) The Communist party.
(b) The Capitalist party.
(c) The Socialist party.
(d) The Fascist party.
5. What is the name of the sea that runs alongside Jordan and Israel?
(a) The Red Sea.
(b) The Kuwait Sea.
(c) The Persian Sea.
(d) The Dead Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reinstated the salt tax in France?
2. Which of the following people were exempt from military service in the American War for Independence?
3. What is the title of Chapter 16?
4. Where is the one place salted meats have survived?
5. What was the most famous brand of sea salt from India before the British came?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Morton become the world's largest salt producer?
2. How did Britain enforce the new salt laws?
3. What problem does the Dead Sea have?
4. What happened to Cheshire salt?
5. What impact did Humphry Davy have on the salt industry?
6. How did the Americans try to combat the British blockade?
7. What did Birdseye discover?
8. How was Tabasco invented?
9. What is unique about the Dead Sea?
10. Why do people believe the Dead Sea is so salty?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)