|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which state is the Great Salt Lake located?
(c) New York.
2. Which of the following type of fish is not commonly salted?
3. By what name was Cincinnati also known as?
(c) Setak City.
4. Wht did international health group begin to worry about the effects of salt?
(a) It was being made with chemicals.
(b) It lacks iodine.
(c) It lacks iron.
(d) It lacks vitamins.
5. What do Americans mostly use their salt for?
(b) De-icing roads.
(c) Religious practises.
(d) Making chocolate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did people find in England while looking for salt deposits?
2. Who did Appert sell his invention to?
3. What country does the author return to in Chapter 23?
4. In which English town does Chapter 20 take place?
5. What is the title of Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems do the British salt mines have in this section?
2. How did the British help the Chinese in 1912?
3. What is unique about the Dead Sea?
4. How did New York improve the salt industry after the 1812 war?
5. How was Tabasco invented?
6. What did Birdseye discover?
7. How did a man called Appert destroy the salt industry?
8. In what areas dishes does the heavy use of salt still survive?
9. How did the South finally get its supplies of salt?
10. How did the French finance minister reform the salt taxes?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)