|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 17?
(a) Pass Me the Salt.
(c) Forming Clouds.
(d) Red Salt.
2. Which country are said to be the largest consumers of salt in the world?
3. What was the name of the war Israel fought in 1948?
(a) Six Year War.
(b) The Salt War.
(c) War of Independence.
(d) The Dead War.
4. What did people find in England while looking for salt deposits?
5. In what town was China salt production centered?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 21?
2. Which country helped the new China Republic to rebuild their salt industry?
3. What was the French salt tax also known as?
4. What was the most famous brand of sea salt from India before the British came?
5. Where did a group of speculators find salt deposits underground?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about the Dead Sea?
2. Why was India ruled entirely by a British government in 1857?
3. What problems do the British salt mines have in this section?
4. How did the Americans try to combat the British blockade?
5. How did the northern states immediately get one over the southern states at the start of the Civil War?
6. How did the British help the Chinese in 1912?
7. What happened to Cheshire salt?
8. How did the Indians react to the British banning the trade of their salt?
9. What impact did Humphry Davy have on the salt industry?
10. How did Britain change the salt industry in India?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)