|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did a group of speculators find salt deposits underground?
(b) New York.
2. What did people find in England while looking for salt deposits?
3. What did Union forces destroy in West Virginia in 1862?
(a) The Virginia university.
(b) The steel works.
(c) The tobacco plantation.
(d) The salt works.
4. What famous company did a man named Birdseye form?
(b) General Foods.
(d) General Motors.
5. Where were the Mormons before they settled in Utah?
(a) The East Coast.
(b) The West Coast.
(c) The Midwest.
(d) The Mexican border.
Short Answer Questions
1. What started developing all over England that caused problems to brine production?
2. Which two states were colonies of Britain?
3. Why did the British ban Orissa salt?
4. What was the French salt tax also known as?
5. By what name was Cincinnati also known as?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)