|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which state is the Great Salt Lake located?
(c) New York.
2. What did Sarah Hale discover could preserve fish?
3. What did people find in the USA whilst looking for salt deposits?
4. What religious group settled in the state of Utah?
5. What is the title of Chapter 21?
(a) Not Looking Back.
(b) Salt and the Great Soul.
(c) The Last Day of Zigong.
(d) Hold Yourselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meat do the Chinese consume the most?
2. What is the name of the world's most common salt producer?
3. What subject does the author discuss in Chapter 19?
4. Who led the popular movement against British salt polices?
5. What is Nitrous Oxide more commonly known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Indians react to the British banning the trade of their salt?
2. How was Tabasco invented?
3. Why do people believe the Dead Sea is so salty?
4. What virtually destroyed the salt industry in China in 1995?
5. How did the French finance minister reform the salt taxes?
6. How did the northern states immediately get one over the southern states at the start of the Civil War?
7. Why was India ruled entirely by a British government in 1857?
8. How did Morton become the world's largest salt producer?
9. What is unique about the Dead Sea?
10. Why did another war breakout between America and Britain in 1812?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)