|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wht did international health group begin to worry about the effects of salt?
(a) It was being made with chemicals.
(b) It lacks iodine.
(c) It lacks iron.
(d) It lacks vitamins.
2. In which part of China does Cantonese food come from?
(a) The East.
(b) The North.
(c) The West.
(d) The South.
3. What did Union forces destroy in West Virginia in 1862?
(a) The salt works.
(b) The steel works.
(c) The Virginia university.
(d) The tobacco plantation.
4. Which country are said to be the largest consumers of salt in the world?
5. Where did a group of speculators find salt deposits underground?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does sodium become if one isolates the chemical chlorine?
2. Who was forbidden to trade with the United States after the revolution?
3. In which state is the Great Salt Lake located?
4. What did Humphry Davy invent?
5. What country was Matthias Schleiden from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Indians react to the British banning the trade of their salt?
2. Why do people believe the Dead Sea is so salty?
3. In what areas dishes does the heavy use of salt still survive?
4. Why was India ruled entirely by a British government in 1857?
5. Why did another war breakout between America and Britain in 1812?
6. How did New York improve the salt industry after the 1812 war?
7. How did the British help the Chinese in 1912?
8. Why have people decreased their salt intake?
9. How did the Americans try to combat the British blockade?
10. What problem does the Dead Sea have?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)