|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was forbidden to trade with the United States after the revolution?
(a) British colonies.
(b) German colonies.
(c) Dutch colonies.
(d) French colonies.
2. Which of the following type of fish is not commonly salted?
3. Which country consumes the most salt?
4. Why did the British ban Orissa salt?
(a) It was causing disease among the British community.
(b) Because it was causing tensions within the country.
(c) Because it was used for religious practises.
(d) So they could market their own salt.
5. What was name of the sauce that McIhenny invented?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Appert invent?
2. Which of the following countries did not go to America to find salt?
3. Where did a group of speculators find salt deposits underground?
4. What process did Davy use to break down Nitrous Oxide?
5. By what name was Cincinnati also known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about the Dead Sea?
2. While were the colonies of Massachusetts and Virgina so reliant on Britain?
3. How was Tabasco invented?
4. Why was India ruled entirely by a British government in 1857?
5. What problem does the Dead Sea have?
6. Why do people combine salt and sugar?
7. How did the French finance minister reform the salt taxes?
8. How did Morton become the world's largest salt producer?
9. Why have people decreased their salt intake?
10. How did Britain enforce the new salt laws?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)