|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sodium Chloride better known as?
(a) Body salt.
(b) Cooking salt.
(c) Table salt.
(d) Sniffing salt.
2. What part of Virginia sided with the union?
(a) North Virgina.
(b) West Virginia.
(c) South Virginia.
(d) East Virginia.
3. Which country are said to be the largest consumers of salt in the world?
4. By what name was Cincinnati also known as?
(c) Setak City.
5. What country does the author return to in Chapter 23?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Union forces destroy in West Virginia in 1862?
2. What was the name of the war Israel fought in 1948?
3. On which continent has salt consumption almost halved?
4. What is the name of the canal the Americans built on New York to transport salt?
5. What started developing all over England that caused problems to brine production?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the French finance minister reform the salt taxes?
2. Why did another war breakout between America and Britain in 1812?
3. Why did the French hate salt taxes so much?
4. In what areas dishes does the heavy use of salt still survive?
5. Why do people believe the Dead Sea is so salty?
6. How did the Indians react to the British banning the trade of their salt?
7. What happened to Cheshire salt?
8. Why was India ruled entirely by a British government in 1857?
9. How did the Dead Sea become a health spa?
10. How did New York improve the salt industry after the 1812 war?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)