|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 17?
(a) Red Salt.
(b) Forming Clouds.
(c) Pass Me the Salt.
2. What is the title of Chapter 16?
(a) Purple Salt.
(b) Divided Between Worlds.
(c) Red Salt.
(d) The War Between the Salts.
3. Why did the British claim it was okay to kidnap American soldiers?
(a) They had British wives.
(b) They were slave owners.
(c) They had deserted from the British Navy.
(d) They were not men of God.
4. What part of Virginia sided with the union?
(a) North Virgina.
(b) West Virginia.
(c) East Virginia.
(d) South Virginia.
5. Who reinstated the salt tax in France?
(d) Louis XI.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 19?
2. What is the name of the world's most common salt producer?
3. How did the British create serious salt shortages during the American War for Independence?
4. What did people find in England while looking for salt deposits?
5. What is Appert's nationality?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Morton become the world's largest salt producer?
2. How did the northern states immediately get one over the southern states at the start of the Civil War?
3. Why have people decreased their salt intake?
4. Why do people believe the Dead Sea is so salty?
5. What happened to Cheshire salt?
6. What virtually destroyed the salt industry in China in 1995?
7. How did a man called Appert destroy the salt industry?
8. What problem does the Dead Sea have?
9. How did the Americans try to combat the British blockade?
10. How did the Indians react to the British banning the trade of their salt?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)