|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country consumes the most salt?
2. Where does Chapter 22 take place?
(d) The Middle East.
3. Which of the following countries did not go to America to find salt?
4. By what name was Cincinnati also known as?
(a) Setak City.
5. What is Sodium Chloride better known as?
(a) Cooking salt.
(b) Table salt.
(c) Body salt.
(d) Sniffing salt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following people were exempt from military service in the American War for Independence?
2. What is the title of Chapter 26?
3. In which English town does Chapter 20 take place?
4. How did the British create serious salt shortages during the American War for Independence?
5. What did one person bring onto Avery Island to farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did a man called Appert destroy the salt industry?
2. How did the Dead Sea become a health spa?
3. What did Birdseye discover?
4. How did Britain enforce the new salt laws?
5. How did the French deal with salt smugglers?
6. How did the Indians react to the British banning the trade of their salt?
7. What is unique about the Dead Sea?
8. Why have people decreased their salt intake?
9. What problems do the British salt mines have in this section?
10. How was Tabasco invented?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)