|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jean Baptiste Colbert's role in the French government?
(a) Deputy minister.
(b) Foreign minister.
(c) Finance minister.
2. What was the most famous brand of sea salt from India before the British came?
3. What is the name of the canal the Americans built on New York to transport salt?
(a) The Amsterdam.
(b) The Cod.
(c) The Weener.
(d) The Erie.
4. What does Chapter 25 talk about the connection between?
(a) Saltiness and sweetness.
(b) Saltiness and ill health.
(c) China and Japan.
(d) Britain and CHina.
5. What meat do the Chinese consume the most?
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious group settled in the state of Utah?
2. What did people find in England while looking for salt deposits?
3. Which of the following countries did not go to America to find salt?
4. What is the name of the sea that runs alongside Jordan and Israel?
5. What is the title of Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about the Dead Sea?
2. How did a man called Appert destroy the salt industry?
3. How did the South finally get its supplies of salt?
4. Why have people decreased their salt intake?
5. How did the Dead Sea become a health spa?
6. What virtually destroyed the salt industry in China in 1995?
7. How did the Indians react to the British banning the trade of their salt?
8. How did Britain enforce the new salt laws?
9. How did the French deal with salt smugglers?
10. In what areas dishes does the heavy use of salt still survive?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)