|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious group settled in the state of Utah?
2. What process did Davy use to break down Nitrous Oxide?
3. What river did Gandhi lead a group to in 1930 to scrape up sea salt?
4. What started developing all over England that caused problems to brine production?
(b) Earth quakes.
(c) Torrential rain.
5. What major even occurred in India in 1947?
(a) They were bombed.
(b) They were invaded.
(c) They were handed back Pakistan.
(d) They gained independence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What party did Deng Xiaoping become the leader of in the latter part of the twentieth century?
2. What subject does the author discuss in Chapter 19?
3. What did people find in England while looking for salt deposits?
4. What is the title of Chapter 16?
5. Which country helped the new China Republic to rebuild their salt industry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Birdseye discover?
2. What problems do the British salt mines have in this section?
3. Why have people decreased their salt intake?
4. How did New York improve the salt industry after the 1812 war?
5. Why do people combine salt and sugar?
6. Why did the French hate salt taxes so much?
7. How did the Americans try to combat the British blockade?
8. What virtually destroyed the salt industry in China in 1995?
9. While were the colonies of Massachusetts and Virgina so reliant on Britain?
10. How did the northern states immediately get one over the southern states at the start of the Civil War?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)