|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following countries did not go to America to find salt?
2. What is Nitrous Oxide more commonly known as?
(a) Jack gas.
(b) Jumping gas.
(c) Laughing gas.
(d) Tear gas.
3. What is the title of Chapter 20?
(a) That Word is Greek.
(b) The Soil Never Sets On.
(c) Where in the World.
(d) Developing a Thirst.
4. Where were the Mormons before they settled in Utah?
(a) The Midwest.
(b) The East Coast.
(c) The West Coast.
(d) The Mexican border.
5. What was it illegal to salt in France during the salt tax?
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous company did a man named Birdseye form?
2. What country does the author return to in Chapter 23?
3. What party did Deng Xiaoping become the leader of in the latter part of the twentieth century?
4. What is Sodium Chloride better known as?
5. What subject does the author discuss in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have people decreased their salt intake?
2. How was Tabasco invented?
3. How did Morton become the world's largest salt producer?
4. While were the colonies of Massachusetts and Virgina so reliant on Britain?
5. How did a man called Appert destroy the salt industry?
6. How did the South finally get its supplies of salt?
7. How did New York improve the salt industry after the 1812 war?
8. Why do people combine salt and sugar?
9. How did Britain change the salt industry in India?
10. How did the Dead Sea become a health spa?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)