|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 21?
(a) The Last Day of Zigong.
(b) Salt and the Great Soul.
(c) Not Looking Back.
(d) Hold Yourselves.
2. What does the author say the Chinese are obsessed with?
3. Wht did international health group begin to worry about the effects of salt?
(a) It lacks iron.
(b) It lacks iodine.
(c) It was being made with chemicals.
(d) It lacks vitamins.
4. Which of the following countries did not go to America to find salt?
5. Who led the popular movement against British salt polices?
Short Answer Questions
1. What ocean did people originally think the Dead Sea was part of?
2. Whose work did Gandhi read in jail while in India?
3. Where is the one place salted meats have survived?
4. What did people find in England while looking for salt deposits?
5. What was the French salt tax also known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was India ruled entirely by a British government in 1857?
2. What problem does the Dead Sea have?
3. Why do people believe the Dead Sea is so salty?
4. How did the South finally get its supplies of salt?
5. How did the northern states immediately get one over the southern states at the start of the Civil War?
6. How did Morton become the world's largest salt producer?
7. What happened to Cheshire salt?
8. What did Birdseye discover?
9. While were the colonies of Massachusetts and Virgina so reliant on Britain?
10. How did the Indians react to the British banning the trade of their salt?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)