|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the war Israel fought in 1948?
(a) The Salt War.
(b) Six Year War.
(c) The Dead War.
(d) War of Independence.
2. Who did Appert sell his invention to?
(a) The army.
(b) The navy.
3. What is the title of Chapter 18?
(a) The Mythology if Geology.
(b) The Odium of Sodium.
(c) Are You Ready to Go.
(d) The Soil Never Sets On.
4. What does sodium become if one isolates the chemical chlorine?
(b) Nitrous Oxide.
(d) Carbon Monoxide.
5. What did people find in England while looking for salt deposits?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the one place salted meats have survived?
2. Whose work did Gandhi read in jail while in India?
3. What part of Virginia sided with the union?
4. What process did Davy use to break down Nitrous Oxide?
5. What major even occurred in India in 1947?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the French hate salt taxes so much?
2. How was Tabasco invented?
3. How did the French deal with salt smugglers?
4. How did the British help the Chinese in 1912?
5. While were the colonies of Massachusetts and Virgina so reliant on Britain?
6. What impact did Humphry Davy have on the salt industry?
7. Why do people believe the Dead Sea is so salty?
8. What is unique about the Dead Sea?
9. What problems do the British salt mines have in this section?
10. How did the American War of Independence begin?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)